997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PCM3 Amp Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 04:14 PM
Bruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of light
PCM3 Amp Questions

2009 C2S w/ Bose High End Sound Packace, Bluetooth, PCM Voice Control, Vanigation Modul, Universal Audio Interface, and XM Radio

1 - Where is the amp? I understand for 2009 and later, it is under the passenger seat. I see something in there but is that the amp or maybe just the nav unit?
2 - What is the amp part number? In my 2010 Katalog, it shows the amp as item #2 but shows no part listing. See pictures below.
3 - Anyone know the amp pinout configuration? In this link, Serg124 shows amp pins on the head unit. This is really really weird... I believe my 2009 has the complete, Bose package sans integral phone, but I am not sure Serg124 has the same setup as mine... really odd.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad-unit-3.html

I can find very very little on this for the 997.2 and the darn Katalog is a mess. Some posts said the amp is integral to the head unit.... is this a lesser, lower model configuration?

I am going to replace my head unit and amp. I already did the speakers and while there was

Peace
Bruce in Philly

No list or description for item 2 that I think is the amp and is located under the passenger seat.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:05 AM
chrisgoman is an unknown quantity at this point
If you don't want to replace the PCM 3.0 HU, you can just replace the amp with an Audison Prima line amp/dsp like AP8.9bit. Folks seem to think the best bang for the buck is the changing out the amp.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ons-setup.html

Old 07-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Bruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by chrisgoman
If you don't want to replace the PCM 3.0 HU, you can just replace the amp with an Audison Prima line amp/dsp like AP8.9bit. Folks seem to think the best bang for the buck is the changing out the amp.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ons-setup.html
I don't understand how this unit connects to the head unit. I checked Audison's website and could not find anything there.

I just ordered the Alpine nav with CD and a Mosconi amp... I am just going to rip it all out and just do it they way I know how. I just can't get good, reliable information.

Peace
Bruce in Philly