997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Getting a battery out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:00 PM
R.ROBOT is on a distinguished road
Getting a battery out

Started taking my battery out for a replacement and the fit is really tight.

Removed the hold down bolt and see that the bulkhead side (driver compartment) has a rail to hold the battery in place, but I'm finding it hard to lift it out.

Any trick? I've tried to lean the battery back (away from the front of car) but it's just not wanting to be lifted out.

Help.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:20 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Did you disconnect the vent hose? Once the cables and vent hose are disconnected and moved to the side, it just lifts out. Don't latch your good before you install the new one. I put a t-shirt over the latch catch just to make sure the hood can't close.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:47 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
i stand in the frunk and that seems to give me better leverage to get it out.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:01 AM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
I also have to stand in the trunk.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:30 PM
Getting it out of the tray with the back lip of the battery under the tray holder is the issue. I am going to try to bring it out from under but the room is extremely tight.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:04 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by R.ROBOT
Getting it out of the tray with the back lip of the battery under the tray holder is the issue. I am going to try to bring it out from under but the room is extremely tight.
Remove hold down clamp, stand in trunk facing battery, slide battery to the left (passenger side) to clear the driver side lip, tilt battery up (side closest to you goes up) and slide out from under the back lip, grab handles (if there are any) or put hands under battery and lift up.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:06 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Petza914
Did you disconnect the vent hose? Once the cables and vent hose are disconnected and moved to the side, it just lifts out. Don't latch your good before you install the new one. I put a t-shirt over the latch catch just to make sure the hood can't close.
T-shirt or towel are good reminders but someone would have to deliberately close the hood and press down to latch it...although I'm sure it's happened.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:41 PM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
or, connect a battery tender prior to removal.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:42 PM
Asked a shop and the trick is to pull up on the leading edge (front of car) and pull. Comes right out!

Old 11-15-2016, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by R.ROBOT
Asked a shop and the trick is to pull up on the leading edge (front of car) and pull. Comes right out!
See post 6 - the forum is as good as the shop...with some info

Old 11-15-2016, 08:12 PM
Yeah, but I had the battery out before the post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.