997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Things to do to 911 S-new purchase to me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 10:05 AM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
Things to do to 911 S-new purchase to me

I tried searching performance items and not really sure there is much on this car you can really do to gain any performance. My last car was a 996 twin so with the turbo there were so many options. The car appears to be stock with exception of Techart rear wing, front nose and 20" rims. Car is equipped with PDK.

Is there much to consider doing to the car other than cosmetically? Are there certain engine things I should do to be safe? Any nice simple upgrades that are needed or a good bang for the buck?

Old 07-23-2017, 10:40 AM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold

Old 07-23-2017, 12:46 PM
ogun228 is on a distinguished road
So slippery that slope. Once you're on it, can't get off. Gains will
be minimal but you'll feel good at least for a while. Couple of years (if that long) later, return to stock, try to unload aftermarket parts on the Bay for 1/4 of what you paid.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Not looking to **** away money. I know my 996tt had much better gains with mods but didn't know on this model if there were simple things to do that most people agree is a good thing to do. Sometimes a single drop in, in the 996tt owners pinned the lines, dropped a short shifter, simple things that add some fun of ownership

Old 07-24-2017, 07:23 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
LN Engineering spin on oil filter adapter so you can use a metal oil filter (M1-107 or K&N-1007), 160 degree low temp thermostat, add 3rd front center radiator, use Joe Gibbs DT40 oil, drive and enjoy!

Old 07-31-2017, 09:53 AM
saintv90 is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your purchase! I was eye balling that car as well. Just picked up a 997s in red as well and looking for the same info!

Old 08-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Nice, what is the mileage on yours? I normally would never buy one with 50k but loved the car. It has a few minor issues I made the dealer address and its there now getting resolved along with the clear bra installed.

I called a local speed shop that did some work on a few of my cars and they suggest a plenum and larger throttle body to open the motor. They said it will give about 20-25 hp. Other than that he just suggested an exhaust since the stock ones are quiet. There is minimal to do on the NA motors. Let me know what you hear. Congrats on the ride.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:27 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Take a look through the Suncoast parts site. They have all the OE equipment listed. The X51 power kit is the biggest gain you would see - 30hp for about $15k.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:00 AM
jeffrec is on a distinguished road
I own a 2009 C2S and asked the same question on the PCA.org website technical discussion forum. Here is how their 997 technical SME responded.

Porsche has done an amazing job at making their engines perform at extraordinary levels. Unfortunately this means there is not much room for improvement without spending substantial money. All of Porsche's late-model N/A cars perform very close to their maximum capacity without sacrificing driveability. Additional HP is difficult to find and comes at quite a price. If you are looking for a substantial increase in power/response you will need to upgrade to an X51 kit ($20K+) or purchase a later model vehicle that already makes more power. A 997 Turbo will also give you an instant increase in performance and has much more potential for tuning. The cheapest way to go faster on the track is to invest in a set of track tires with low treadwear ratings and loads of mechanical grip. A good set of tires is the easiest performance upgrade you can make.

I'll look forward to others posts to your question.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve.rinaldi
I tried searching performance items and not really sure there is much on this car you can really do to gain any performance. My last car was a 996 twin so with the turbo there were so many options. The car appears to be stock with exception of Techart rear wing, front nose and 20" rims. Car is equipped with PDK.

Is there much to consider doing to the car other than cosmetically? Are there certain engine things I should do to be safe? Any nice simple upgrades that are needed or a good bang for the buck?
Change the oil/filter frequently. 5K miles has worked well for me with my 986 Boxster and my 996 Turbo.

Do the other services: plugs, filters, etc.; when called for either on time or miles.

Keep the car clean outside and inside.

Keep the radiator ducts free of trash build up.

Be sure the body water drains are kept clean of trash build up.

After a wash or rain check along the door bottoms for any signs of dampness. While the car is not very old at some point one or both door membranes can let water into the dry side of the door. This is not good so you want to catch this ASAP.

Fill the gasoline tank with a good gasoline.

Last but not least every chance you get, drive the car.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:49 PM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
Bump Macster statement : drive the CAR

Old 08-03-2017, 07:35 PM
saintv90 is on a distinguished road
Some things I'm planning to do...

OEM Aero front end, Geddy Ducktail, H&R springs, exhaust/headers, new air intake...and normal maintenance.

Looks like your car has most of those already!

Old 08-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
If you don't already have the Sport Design steering wheel with paddles, that's a must.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Monster231 is on a distinguished road
i have a 997.1 CS2..
I have nearly every damn bolt on imaginable minus high flow cats and an x pipe:
  • Fabspeed Headers
  • Fabspeed exhaust
  • fabspeed CAI
  • K&N
  • GT3 TB
  • tune
  • Sprins
  • wheels
    [*
  • and some other stuff i cant remember

I think I added 10-20 HP, but its not that noticeable. What is noticeable is the sounds and engine behavior.. Its more lively and makes awesome popping sounds. It also moved the HP & TQ around so its a bit more accessible .

For me performing maintenance ahead of schedule made the biggest improvements. Coils/Plugs, trans fluid, motor mounts, brakes, tires made it feel like a brand new car

Old 08-07-2017, 10:55 AM
ogun228 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Steve997S
If you don't already have the Sport Design steering wheel with paddles, that's a must.
No it isn't. Save the money for maintenance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.