997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Problem: GT3TEK Spoilers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Astur will become famous soon enough
Problem: GT3TEK Spoilers

August 3: GT3TEK (also d.b.a. Better Bodies Motorsports Designs) posted on the other site a “Hot Summer Sale $250.00 All Front Lips”.

August 4: Sent them email requesting shipping charges to Puerto Rico, which the answered with $61.00. Since their system had provision to enter this charge, I sent them another email asking for a person/phone to call in my credit card number. Which I did , we processed the payment and they billed me $331.00.

August 12: Upon checking my credit card charges I noticed something was off. The lip was $250.00, shipping $61.00 = $311.00 but I had been billed $331.00. Sent them an email claiming $20.00 refund for overcharge. Got email back saying they “would look into it”.

August 15: Emailed again asking for overcharge refund. Got email back saying that they would process a credit to my credit card.

August 20: No refund and no spoiler! So emailed them again reminding them that in a previous they committed to an overcharge refund. Got email back saying they “would look into it”.

August 31: Still no refund nor spoiler! Emailed them again stating that having received neither of the aforementioned, I had no interests in neither their product nor in doing business with them. Hence, I wanted my full $331.00 refunded.

August 31: They replied with one mail that my credit card had been refunded $20.00. Got another email over an hour later saying We apologize for the inconvenience. We will have the accounting office refund your full order.”.

September 5: Not having received my pending refund of $311.00, I emailed them again asking why I had not yet received my refund and my dismay at their questionable business practices and lack of follow through on their commitments. I gave them 24 hours to make good on their promise on August 31 of a “full refund” and should they not, I would out them in Porsche forums and all applicable consumer protection agencies in their state.

September 10: No response, no refund! So now I leave it up to you and you be the judge if you want to go through similar shoddy experiences when or if you consider doing business with them.

BTW: My delay in posting this after the September 5th ultimatum? Well it was due to the intervention of Hurricane Irma that hit us later that same day. Hence, it was just today that power and internet service was restored to my home.

PS: Should these folks care to refute anything that I’ve previously said, please note that I have all my emails and theirs in response. Therefore, I can make them available to any interested party or even publish them should that be necessary.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-10-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Since they are a vendor here I would have preferred you to have contacted myself or one of the mods which would have permitted us to act on your behalf and get some response long before it bacame such an issue and now you are flaming them on the board and of course this is only your side...regardless, I will contact them on your behalf and try to get some action...what are you looking for at this point? Full refund or do you still want the item?

Old 09-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
To the OP...I don't believe you were scammed in any way. Yes, there were mistakes made but I do not believe you were scammed in any way and your thread title was very misleading and obviously meant to cause harm...I have edited your title to Problem with a vendor, which I think is a fair characterization.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by GT3TEK
Hello, first we are not scammers second as we had told you we were behind in production and your lip would ship in a few days by then you were upset you decided to cancel the order which is fine we understand. You are getting a full refund once your credit card company releases them back to you. Sorry for the inconvenience and misunderstanding.
EXCUSE ME????

Maybe much unlike some of your customers, I've done all my communication with you via email so that there's no "You said - I said".

So what's this about your "... we were behind in production and your lip would ship in a few days". A few days? Well you took my money on August 4th and as of August 31 no spoiler but you promised a full refund which as of TODAY still no money!

"You are getting a full refund once your credit card company releases them back to you". Release what to me??? What does the credit card company have to do with my refund?? You're the one who has to initiate the credit, they just process it in a blink of an eye!! In your August 31st email you say We apologize for the inconvenience. We will have the accounting office refund your full order.and as of TODAY still no money!

GT3 Chuck: "I do not believe you were scammed in any way and your thread title was very misleading and obviously meant to cause harm." Please re-read my post, follow my attempts at getting action from these folks... I will be more than glad to send you the whole chain of emails and you judge for yourself if I was not scammed.

As to your characterizing me as a person "... obviously meant to cause harm." I take exception to this most offensive insult. What "harm" is there in trying to get my money back from a vendor who never delivered what I paid for and nor honor his own written commitment for full refund?

As to your question of "... what are you looking for at this point? Full refund or do you still want the item?". My emails to these folks were clear as was their written response on August 31st of "We will have the accounting office refund your full order.". BTW and for your information about this forum sponsor, their written promise for a full refund was sent to me 11 days ago and still no money!!

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

Last edited by Astur; 09-11-2017 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:41 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
One of the great things about purchasing items with a credit card is that you have the ability to resolve issues with an uncooperative vendor yourself after making a good-faith effort to resolve it directly with the merchant, which it looks like you've done in this case.

At this point, just call the credit card company, dispute the charge, supply them the dated communication summary you've posted here, and after they do a brief investigation, they'll do a chargeback to the merchant and credit your account.

Thank you for posting your experience though for the rest of the community.

Last edited by Petza914; 09-13-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Imolasoul is an unknown quantity at this point
You may be expecting a bit much from a small vendor. Looks like there was about 6 business days between asking for a full refund and raking them through the coals. I get that it can be stressful when you've given your hard earned cash to someone and the transaction doesn't meet your expectations, but it's a relatively small amount and they could likely be focused on fulfilling orders that are 10X the size of yours in terms of dollar amount. You'd probably do the same in a similar situation.

Not saying that I wouldn't be frustrated if I were in the same position, but giving them the benefit of the doubt and having a little patience would probably go along way. I hope you get the parts you want one way or the other.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Imolasoul
Looks like there was about 6 business days between asking for a full refund and raking them through the coals.

Not saying that I wouldn't be frustrated if I were in the same position, but giving them the benefit of the doubt and having a little patience would probably go along way. I hope you get the parts you want one way or the other.
I realize that English is not my primary language but I thought that I expressed this "experience" in a logical and chronological order. So pardon me if I clear up your statement of "Looks like there was about 6 business days between asking for a full refund and raking them through the coals.".

It's been 6 business days since THEY said that THEY were going to give me a full refund. So if you care to re-read my post, then you'll probably notice that more than 6 six business days have transpired with this controversy. BTW, it doesn't take 6 business days to process a credit on a credit card because once the vendor processes it, the credit is instantaneous. I should know since I manage a large Banking Data Center.

"... giving them the benefit of the doubt and having a little patience would probably go along way."
Seriously?? I've given them the benefit of the doubt and I've had a lot of patience since they took my money 5 1/2 weeks ago and never delivered on the product nor their written commitment of a full refund.

Last edited by Astur; 09-11-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Imolasoul is an unknown quantity at this point
Again, I'd be frustrated too, but there's a big difference between airing legitimate frustrations with a vendor and publicly outing them for scamming customers. All I was suggesting is patience before bridging that gap.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Administrator
This all could have gone completely differently if you would have contacted us at the first sign of disappointment at your end...I would have contacted the vendor on your behalf and this issue would have been very quickly resolved and you would have had the part you wanted or a refund. Instead you chose to get offended and take it personal which it is not. Delays for spoiler items are common and not an indication of a scam. Often those parts are outsourced and delays are beyond the vendors control. I just hope that when your bank screws up you are quick to resolve the issue in case your customers are as impatient as you appear to be. Emails can easily lead to misunderstandings and extending the benefit of the doubt is preferable to assuming the worst. I have requested this vendor to expedite your refund today. Keep us informed as to when you receive your refund.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-11-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Thank you for your reply and intervention.

However and please accept that I do not take lightly your volunteering your mediation, I don't see why I should have asked from your intervention since this was a simple and every day transaction between a buyer and a seller.

I've tried on numerous occasions, as my emails can attest, to get responses and results from these folks. Hence and as a business and customer oriented person, I find delayed answers, tactics, runarounds and failure to comply with what is promised to be a black eye to those companies that bend over backwards to please their customers.

And yes, mine is of those that will bend over backwards! We'll bite the bullet and take a hit because in the long run that satisfied customer will be and continue to be our best publicist!

On the other side of the spectrum a dissatisfied customer is a business's nightmare and its worse fear. Case in point... this post has had almost 500 hits (on this site alone) which all could have been avoided should GT3TEK had followed through on their written promise.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:26 PM
SoCal C2S is on a distinguished road
Yep....keep this alive if it makes you happy.

As I said on Rennlist, my experience was great and I plan to purchase again from them in the near future. Airing one side gives exactly one side of the story.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be upset but going to two forums and trashing a business when the issues are not fully commented on both sides is a bit annoying. If this was the case for every time I felt a little upset, I would hardly every purchase anything.

Chill out....you drive a 911. Enjoy and be happy.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:40 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I recently purchased through my Indy shop a front splitter and GT3 RS rear bumper from GT3 TEK. GT3 TEK had a problem manufacturing the rear bumper (problems with the chemicals making the bumper too hard).

They had to re-order the chemicals and remake the bumper. Unfortunately this put me up against a deadline for completing the car. I personally called GT3 TEK to inquire as to the status. They had shipped the parts via UPS ground. After my call, they had the parts rerouted and shipped overnight to my Indy shop.

Now if you have seen how they ship parts you know they come coiled up in a box. My Indy was not expecting this nor the fact that the parts would come still covered in mold release. Another call to GT3 TEK and a link to a video on how to unpack, clean and reshape the parts and all was like new. Car was delivered as spec'd on the day I needed it.

Bottom line is that when I was on the phone with them and explained what was going on they did their best to rectify the situation.

I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. BTW it took six weeks from order to delivery.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:17 AM
saintv90 is on a distinguished road
I also ordered a front lip through their $250 deal on Aug 7th. I was informed they sold quite a few and they would take longer than expected to ship. Last week, 9/7, I asked for an update and ETA, to which I have still not received a response.

I haven't raised any concerns because others on this site, and Rennlist, have purchased from them before with a good experience. But communication isn't great, as I'm finding out.

I'll wait another week or two and if I haven't heard anything I'll reach out to Chuck for help.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:58 AM
Administrator
Usually when members have a problem with a site vendor it is due to poor communication...Vendors should be aware of the importance of communication when they fail to perform...please keep me informed

Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Shaymus is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Asturs Fault!!!!

Originally Posted by Astur
Thank you for your reply and intervention.

However and please accept that I do not take lightly your volunteering your mediation, I don't see why I should have asked from your intervention since this was a simple and every day transaction between a buyer and a seller.

I've tried on numerous occasions, as my emails can attest, to get responses and results from these folks. Hence and as a business and customer oriented person, I find delayed answers, tactics, runarounds and failure to comply with what is promised to be a black eye to those companies that bend over backwards to please their customers.

And yes, mine is of those that will bend over backwards! We'll bite the bullet and take a hit because in the long run that satisfied customer will be and continue to be our best publicist!

On the other side of the spectrum a dissatisfied customer is a business's nightmare and its worse fear. Case in point... this post has had almost 500 hits (on this site alone) which all could have been avoided should GT3TEK had followed through on their written promise.

I'm with Astur on this. He is only stating what has happened to him to warn others of issues they may have dealing with this Vendor. Not sure why he would involve GT3Chuck as this was a deal between him and GT3TEK???
Communication is a simple thing and GT3TEK is not very good at it in this particular case. To GT3TEK defense he may be overwhelmed trying to get orders filled, need more office staff...whatever. Bottom line is there is a lack of communication between Astur and GT3TEK. Although GT3TEK does have time to post an ad on Rennlist for more business while not dealing with Astur's similar post on Rennlist (Sept 6).
Astur's title was much more gentle here stating "problem" as opposed "scam" on Rennlist! This could have all been avoided with some simple communication on GT3TEK part, but don't beat up Astur for giving out a potential warning to other Porsche enthusiasts!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.