997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Potential Scam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 12:05 PM
Baileyii is on a distinguished road
Potential Scam

Hello all,

last month I posted a thread in the marketplace that I wanted a Getty Design Duck Tail. Earlier this week Sdm100 sent me a private message stating that they have one for sale. Sdm100 asked me to send them an email. A day later delta688@yahoo.com responded with a price and pictures.

Last month I was the victim on a scam on Rennlist and I sent $895 thru PayPal F&F. Long story Long I lost my $895 because of the way that I choose to pay. I posted my experience on Rennlist and I was coached on things to look out for going forward.

After Ed Niang user name Sdm100 sent me the pics and price of the duck tail I immediately started googling to see if I could find those same pics on the Internet. I did find where user name evoq007 from Rennlist sold the duck tail to another member back in 2015 after I sent them a private message . I then asked Sdm100 a private message on Rennlist and they responded that they think that I have the wrong contact. I purposely sent it to Sdm100 on Rennlist because I would have to believe that a lot of us use the same user name on both sites.

So far these are the facts. I have emailed Ed Niang email address delta688@yahoo.com and I have sent Sdm100 another private message on 6speedonline however there has been no response. I did explain that if they excepted PayPal that I would not be able to pay by family and friends.

This is time around I’m glad that I did not lose any money. Could it be possible that Sdm100 are two different accounts from 6speed & Rennlist? That’s the part that is confusing to me. I don’t want to think that I have been scammed evoq007 did advise me that shortly after they sold the duck tail that it was resold again. It just seems that if someone was selling a duck tail that they would use different pictures, not ones that I found on the internet. Be careful if Sdm100 contacts you thru private message on 6speedonline.

This is is my butt hurt story.

Thanks,
b

Old 09-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
It would do a lot more to prevent any harm to other members if you would contact mods/admins and give your story so we could take some action...I cant help you with Reenlist but I can make a difference here...scammers often join other forums with a username they see somewhere else hoping potential victims will assume what you did...that they are the same person when they are not...please contact me with any information you might have about being scammed here.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Sorry to ask such a rookie question but I have no idea how to get in touch w/ the mods/admins or who they even are.

Are you an mod/Admin?

thanks,
b

Old 09-07-2018, 09:17 PM
jakethunder is on a distinguished road
Yep, I received similar messages from that person too. Very vague messages saying he has the items I want and to contact him via email.

Chuck, I’ll send you some PMs.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:44 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Thanks, he won’t be messaging anyone in the future...appreciate you looking out for your fellow members...Bailey feel free to contact me at any time!

Old 09-08-2018, 05:03 AM
Thank you for your support.

Thanks,
b

Old 09-08-2018, 07:59 AM
The seller just contacted me and said that they will except bitcoin or moneygram transfer.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:06 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Baileyii
The seller just contacted me and said that they will except bitcoin or moneygram transfer.
I have to say it's completely impossible for me to understand how crooks and scam artists can operate on forums like this in broad daylight with contact information and payment instructions - repeatedly - apparently without consequence.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:21 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by sandwedge
I have to say it's completely impossible for me to understand how crooks and scam artists can operate on forums like this in broad daylight with contact information and payment instructions - repeatedly - apparently without consequence.
generally, they operate in the background, using private messaging to avoid scrutiny and they cannot succeed without help from the members who are looking for a “deal”...please report any unsolicited private message

Old 09-08-2018, 10:29 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck

generally, they operate in the background, using private messaging to avoid scrutiny and they cannot succeed without help from the members who are looking for a “deal”...please report any unsolicited private message
Kind of what I figured. They need some degree of "cooperation"and confidence from the buyer that all is good in order to succeed.