997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2006 997.1 Alarm, Lock, trunk light mystery - new owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Toella
Made many attempts with no luck. Window had no movement.
You were inside the car with door closed, correct? It won't work if the door is open as another microswitch prevents the window from going up in that scenario.

OK, last try on the microswitch that's part. Of the door handle, and I'm thinking it might be this from the way the handle is misaligned. What I think may have happened is that the door handle spindle broke, like they do, and someone repaired it, but didn't properly adjust the assemble with the 3 screws on the back of the door panel when putti fit back together and didn't want to take it all apart again to fix it. The trick is to fit the handle before putting the door panel back on, get it aligned, then tighten the 3 screws ,remove the handle, put the door panel back on, then reattach the handle.

If you pull on the handle like you're opening the door you'll be able to see the torx screw behind it that holds the handle on. Remove that screw, so you can take off the handle, you'll see the tiny little hole that the molded In pin of the door handle. Is supposed to go into to make that microswitch. If you sit in the car with the door closed and handle removed, take a paperclip or something to gently press that switch and see if the window moves.

If it doesn't, either that switch or one of the others is probably bad. There's one in the catch mechanism so the window stays down when the door is open and there's one in the outer door handle mechanism that drops the window when you open the door from the outside of it's closed. I think I've read that there are 4 but don't know where the 4th one is.

We're testing the one on the back of the interior door handle because it's the easiest.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:11 PM
ultrahuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Well . . . . . . update. Finally brought the car to my indy who has Porsche reset / coding tools. Problem with the car was that latch assembly in both doors was shot and had to be replaced . . . . . BUT it didn't end there. The fog light and frunk light problems had to do with the previous owner obviously recoding the car to omit them via coding. Now with recoding redone, the frunk light is working and the fog lights are working as they should. Wished it could have been an easy fix, but no such luck. BTW, those door latches are pricey as is install. Good luck and thanks for all the feedback on my issue.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Jeller is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ultrahuck
Well . . . . . . update. Finally brought the car to my indy who has Porsche reset / coding tools. Problem with the car was that latch assembly in both doors was shot and had to be replaced . . . . . BUT it didn't end there. The fog light and frunk light problems had to do with the previous owner obviously recoding the car to omit them via coding. Now with recoding redone, the frunk light is working and the fog lights are working as they should. Wished it could have been an easy fix, but no such luck. BTW, those door latches are pricey as is install. Good luck and thanks for all the feedback on my issue.
They may have replaced the "front control module" but did not have the dealer tool to reprogram it. When I replaced mine these were the two things that did not work (fogs and frunk light) and had to be programmed again at the dealer to make them work. Just an experience I had that may help someone else in the future....