997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Tubi or AWE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 09:45 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Having heard many PSE on, off, etc. and AWE, I can't imagine why anyone would add PSE after purchase. For people that want the car whisper quiet some times, and loud others - a push of a button does the trick (if ordered from the factory). But PSE is not Performance - It's heavier, more restrictive, and much more expensive than say an AWE. No idea of AWE without the package - but you have a $100,000 car, are going to spend $ for exhaust, why wouldn't you go the extra yard and get the headers at least? I don't know the exact numbers, but I think that for the price of PSE after you can get both headers and mufflers from AWE.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Turn PSM Off
TheJudge will become famous soon enough
Ok. AWE it is. Arling??? You got AWE? How long and how much does the install typically cost?

Old 03-31-2007, 09:50 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Mike have them on backorder. should be soon. call me on Monday. i need some as well.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:59 PM
Truble10 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RonCT
Having heard many PSE on, off, etc. and AWE, I can't imagine why anyone would add PSE after purchase. For people that want the car whisper quiet some times, and loud others - a push of a button does the trick (if ordered from the factory). But PSE is not Performance - It's heavier, more restrictive, and much more expensive than say an AWE. No idea of AWE without the package - but you have a $100,000 car, are going to spend $ for exhaust, why wouldn't you go the extra yard and get the headers at least? I don't know the exact numbers, but I think that for the price of PSE after you can get both headers and mufflers from AWE.
I just went through this and I just could not justify PSE. First of all I don't understand the whole switch thing. Its not like any of the mentioned aftermarket exhaust systems are too loud for even the most quiet neighborhood if the RPM's are kept low. Second is zero performance gain. At least if you spend the $$ it would be nice to get a few extra HP's. Last it's heavier then the stock system. I'm new to this forum but post on Rennlist and over there the Turbo guys are far more mod friendly than the NA guys but I just cannot see the benefit to PSE even if its factory.

I would consider the Agency exhaust system. I put one on about a month ago on my 05 997 non S and could not be happier with the sound and performance. I have not put the car on a dyno so I really do not know what the actual results are but the throttle response is definately better. I have Fabspeed GT2 on my 02 996TT and Fabspeed cat bypass pipes on my CTT and am very happy with Fabspeed but wanted to try something new. I could easily recommend Agency to anyone the the price is very attractive as well.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:53 PM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
TheJudge, you have to ask yourself "do you want to install an awesome exhaust system in you C2S"? If you answer is "YES" AWE Baby....

Old 04-01-2007, 02:34 AM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jrloM3
more details please.

doesn't pse require a button to "open it up"? also, how much?
You can install the mufflers with, or without the switch. I personally see no need to have the switch, leave them "on" all the time. The PSE is not that loud and no need to turn it off.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:06 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I have Fabspeed on my car and love them...zero issues. I have heard PSE, AWE and Tubi and they all sound different. AWE and Fab will give you a lower pitch and then at above 5k rpm really howl. Tubi is really quiet at idle and around a parking lot but as you accell it opens up into a more european exotic sound..more raspy than the others.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:05 PM
hjacobs2000 will become famous soon enough
I just picked up my car today with Fabspeed headers, mufflers and tips and I love them. Great lower sounding growl !!

Old 04-01-2007, 09:15 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
AWE - the best solution period for the 997 => sound, craftsmanship, performance <=

Old 04-02-2007, 01:04 AM
TrailBraker is on a distinguished road
Im pretty happy with the PSE. I like the ability to modulate the sound with the switch. However, I dont track my car.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:41 AM
jrloM3 is on a distinguished road
i heard AWE for the first time yesterday... one word: SICK!!!! man, it sounds so damn exotic, and just ready for business. i tend to agree with the earlier post about AWE=Porsche, Tubi=Ferrari. when the time comes, i'm going AWE all the way.

p.s. Thanks Tony and Chris!!

Old 04-02-2007, 05:25 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by 20C4S
AWE is better in this case. done them all. i feel Tubi u lose some low-end power.
didn't terrence got some barely used one for sale?? if so, it would be a great deal for Judge to jump on.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Again Trovan brokering the deal...lol

Byron

Old 04-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Turn PSM Off
TheJudge will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Again Trovan brokering the deal...lol

Byron
Thats twice! lol

Old 04-02-2007, 08:40 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by TheJudge
Thats twice! lol
i would be rich is there is actually commission involved. good luck, i gotta hear it when its done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi or AWE?