997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone? "SYSTEM FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" **SEE IMAGE**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 05:51 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I hope you get that issue straghtened out.

I used to get some sort of "Visit Workshop" message in my W211 Benz almost once a month.

Usually just restarting the car fixed it.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Mister PINK is on a distinguished road
Dropped it off today... stay tuned.
I feel naked!

Old 07-12-2007, 11:03 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
What was the result? Mine is throwing the same error.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:35 AM
The front control module was replaced near the hood.
Problem solved.

VERY MINOR ISSUE.
Thank you everyone for your help.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:56 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
You guys rock.I lost tons of sleep last night over this
"System Fault" code.I put the new wheels on buffed her up so we could roll today !
Get in and "BAM", a code !
Thinking I have done something stupid with putting these tires and wheels on.
Come to this site and there it is !
Thanks guys,now I will go back and enjoy my day !

Stacy

Old 04-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Stacey-
Post some pics of your self designed work when done.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:26 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mister PINK
Stacey-
Post some pics of your self designed work when done.
I will,I promise !

Now as far as this solenoid is concerned,I have a few questions:

If I dis-connect the battery will it erase this code?

Will this keep happening everytime I detail this car?

Is there a code reader we could buy to check these ourselves and maybe perhaps erase codes?

Any easy way to deal with this (eg. like go away on it's own,disconnect a plug,fuse anything)?

The dealer is just a pain to go to for me !

How about Durametric(diagnostic software) for your laptop?

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 04-12-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:30 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I'm also interested in the answer to Stacy's question. I spent a number of evenings this past week color sanding and polishing my hood. I had it propped open with a rolled up blanket so I could buff to the edges without hitting the fenders. Then today I got the subject System Fault. I thought it may have been related to having the hood propped open (the trunk light went out after timing out). I never would have associated it with static from the buffer. I'm glad this thread got resurrected at the same time I experienced this problem.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I'm also interested in the answer to Stacy's question. I spent a number of evenings this past week color sanding and polishing my hood. I had it propped open with a rolled up blanket so I could buff to the edges without hitting the fenders. Then today I got the subject System Fault. I thought it may have been related to having the hood propped open (the trunk light went out after timing out). I never would have associated it with static from the buffer. I'm glad this thread got resurrected at the same time I experienced this problem.
It probably is about that time of the year when the cars come out of storage and get detailed up !
So I would expecet a few to be having the same problem.
I wish there was a better way of dealing with this so as not having to go to the dealer.

I have been searching on this Durametric program for your laptop.I just am not sure if it will work for this,anybody with experience with this program PLEASE chime in !

Stacy

Old 04-13-2008, 12:44 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
I wish there was a better way of dealing with this so as not having to go to the dealer.

Stacy
I agree 100%. It is a royal PITA to have to take it into the dealer for something that shouldn't happen in the first place.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:57 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
I just had a "System Fault Visit Workshop" after picking up my car from the body shop and then driving home. All seemed fine until the next day when I started my car - "System Fault Visit Workshop" came up on the dash and I used my code reader and it read "Front Control Module Faulty."

Oddly I noticed my rear tail lights and license plate lights were on and I couldnt turn them off. So strange! I am hoping that a replacement of the module with fix this rear tail light problem, although I searched the forums and nobody mentioned that they experienced weird electrical gremlins when they received the "Front Control Module" fault. I sure hope a new module fixes my problem.

The body shop agreed to take care of it. They mentioned that my battery died when it was there (they probably left the hood or door open) so maybe the battery "jump" blew the module or maybe it was the waxing.

Will keep y'all posted, let me know if you have heard of a faulty module to cause the lights to stay on when the key is in. Hmmmmm

Old 03-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by synergy
I just had a "System Fault Visit Workshop" after picking up my car from the body shop and then driving home. All seemed fine until the next day when I started my car - "System Fault Visit Workshop" came up on the dash and I used my code reader and it read "Front Control Module Faulty."

Oddly I noticed my rear tail lights and license plate lights were on and I couldnt turn them off. So strange! I am hoping that a replacement of the module with fix this rear tail light problem, although I searched the forums and nobody mentioned that they experienced weird electrical gremlins when they received the "Front Control Module" fault. I sure hope a new module fixes my problem.

The body shop agreed to take care of it. They mentioned that my battery died when it was there (they probably left the hood or door open) so maybe the battery "jump" blew the module or maybe it was the waxing.

Will keep y'all posted, let me know if you have heard of a faulty module to cause the lights to stay on when the key is in. Hmmmmm
I had the same thing happen to me(tailights).The module will fix it!
Very comical that this happens when you polish the headlight area of the car!
I have done it TWICE....

Stacy

Old 03-23-2010, 10:59 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect time to "upgrade" to the new control module so you can run LED tail lights!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:25 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Arg, so I assume that the module that I purchase today from Porsche will be the updated version and this won't happen again AND I can run LEDs? That would be awesome...

Old 03-23-2010, 11:28 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Arg, so I assume that the module that I purchase today from Porsche will be the updated version and this won't happen again AND I can run LEDs? That would be awesome...

As long as it is the module that is for the post 2007.5 997's then it should be the right one to run LED's. This is assuming the module that has gone bad is the one for the lights (the one located under the driver seat).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone? "SYSTEM FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" **SEE IMAGE**