997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone? "SYSTEM FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" **SEE IMAGE**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 01:38 PM
Steven7Trent is an unknown quantity at this point
I know this thread is old, but I had this issue happen to me last weekend. I was waxing my Boxster S 987, and it sounded like the doors locked. I thought it was just me bent over and pressing the key in my pocket. I got into my car and the "SYSTEM DEFAULT, VISIT WORKSHOP" light was on. I researched and found this forum. Yes, the microfiber cloth WILL cause this to happen. It would have cost me $136 to get my car diagnosed, the cheapest front module on Ebay was going to be $95, (USED) and then almost $150 more for Porsche to install it. But as I researched farther, I found on Ebay a diagnostic reader made for Porsches. It is called an icarsoft. I got it brand new for $120. I had never used one before, but it came in yesterday, I hooked it to my car and it read EVERYTHING. I found that the front module WAS the problem, but it DID NOT need to be replaced. I cleared the default with the icarsoft and it is still off. I am not advertising a product, I am telling my personal story. The idea that a shock no more powerful than a shock you get from someone that has walked on carpet could fry an entire module that big just seemed impossible. It does NOT fry it, it just causes it to glitch. A dealer will tell you to replace it, but just vest $120 in this thing and reset it yourself and every other thing that may show up on your Porsche. Unhooking the battery will NOT work. Calling your car every bad name you can think of will not work, I tried it all. But this DID work. Always remember, if a car has a light come on, the dealer will ALWAYS tell you to replace the part, it might just have glitched and need to be reset. I hope this helps people in the future. It was a life saver for me considering it is Christmas time and I don't have a crapload of money to spend because of a small shock from a cloth. NEVER STOP ROCKIN'!!!!

Old 01-12-2017, 09:33 AM
reefdiver550 is a jewel in the roughreefdiver550 is a jewel in the roughreefdiver550 is a jewel in the rough
I had the same fault, plus dynamic cornering light failure. I had removed the carpeting to do a thorough cleaning. I drove it for a day, turning on and off multiple times, and the faults stayed. I ended up disconnected the battery overnight (and used the opportunity to charge the battery with a ctek) and when I connected it back up, initialized everything, the errors were gone.

Will definitely look into the icarsoft. Looks like something that could be very useful.

Last edited by reefdiver550; 07-06-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:12 AM
mprsev will become famous soon enoughmprsev will become famous soon enough
Reviving this thread as I became victim to the infamous "System fault Visit Workshop" error in addition to "Headlight beam adjustment faulty". This is on my 997.2 Turbo. Unlike others I was not buffing or polishing my car. Instead I simply started my car in the morning and up popped the error messages on my dash. Coincidentally I also noticed that my Homelink also stopped working.

I have been researching these threads and perhaps I need to replace my front control module but I am not sure. I do have a Cobb Accessport and it shows a variety of errors that do not map to anything I can find online Instrument Cluster, Gateway, Front Body Module, Ox5F1, Stability, Elec.

Has anyone else had success using something like the iCarsoft device to reset the module? I don't think the Cobb Accessport has this ability.

Thanks in advance for any additional insight.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:18 PM
reefdiver550 is a jewel in the roughreefdiver550 is a jewel in the roughreefdiver550 is a jewel in the rough
Did you try disconnecting the battery? I left my negative cable off overnight, reconnected (will need to go for a bit of a drive to get everything re-initiated) and the errors were gone and never came back.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:30 PM
I disconnected my battery overnight and after hooking back up in the morning next day still displaying fault codes and Homelink still not working.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:35 AM
I thought I would update this thread even though it is a bit embarrassing. Unlike others that posted my issue turned out to be a blown fuse "c6" which I swear I checked in my search for an easy culprit but it took a shop to finally diagnose. So a blown c6 fuse caused the "System fault visit workshop" and "Headlight beam adjustment faulty" errors on dash and inoperable Homelink garage door opener.