997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone? "SYSTEM FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" **SEE IMAGE**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:40 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
I had the same issue. I took my car to get the windows tinted and then the "Visit Workshop" light came on. Turned out to be a Front Control Module which was a pain because my parking lights would not turn off because the module blew. So I had to disconnect my battery. I had a new module installed and it fixed it perfect!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Plp39503 has a spectacular aura aboutPlp39503 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Paris_CarreraS
....wtf!!!
what´s that arrow?
have you checked your manual to see the meaning of the arrow?
Interesting coincidence that sone ESD warning labels are similar to the arrow on the display:

https://www.clarionsafety.com/assets.../6069-49NH.gif

Old 04-24-2011, 07:29 PM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Interestingly, with my Front Control Module supposedly fried, the rear lights were on at all times and I had that grinding noise coming from the emergency lid release motor in the front.

When I received my Durametric, I performed a reset/clear faults overall on the car, and the symptoms of the rear light misbehaving went away. I do not know about the grinding noise, since I have disconnected that stupid motor, but everything seems to behave all right since the global reset.

I may actually not change the front control module unit. We'll see.

Yves

Old 04-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
Just let Porsche replace mine. About $600 in San Antonio. Worth it for the 2 year warranty. I'm not sure if the part is still having problems, but I was willing to pay 300 not to have to buy another one myself in the next couple of years. This job would be easy to do yourself. The problem is Porsche won't warranty an electrical part if you put it in yourself. Oh well. Great service up in San Antonio though. Even if they are a bit pricey.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:23 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
I know this is an old thread, but I need all your advice on what to do next. I had this same warning light after buffing my headlights. The rear tail light LEDs stayed on. I replaced the right module and reset the warning light. However, the rear tail lights still stay on.

I tried plugging the stock lights back in thinking that it would reset the computer. Even the stock lights stayed on. I am not sure what to do next. I really hate the idea of taking it to the dealer at this point. Any ideas?

Old 01-28-2012, 01:55 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
I think various faults will trigger the "System Fault Visit Workshop" display. You need to interrogate the car w/ either a Durametric or PIWIS tester to find out what specific fault is causing that display.

Someone else may have another idea.

Good Luck!

Old 01-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GTRR
I know this is an old thread, but I need all your advice on what to do next. I had this same warning light after buffing my headlights. The rear tail light LEDs stayed on. I replaced the right module and reset the warning light. However, the rear tail lights still stay on.

I tried plugging the stock lights back in thinking that it would reset the computer. Even the stock lights stayed on. I am not sure what to do next. I really hate the idea of taking it to the dealer at this point. Any ideas?
Is the car under warranty? If so, I would head to the dealer. I had this issue occur after a detail, and the dealer fixed it under warranty...

Old 01-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Disturbing that buffing your car can fry the electronics, no? Bring it back stock. Hopefull there won't be a warranty issue. I think messing with the electrical system by swapping lights, etc, is...errrr....brave?

Old 01-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gpjli
Disturbing that buffing your car can fry the electronics, no? Bring it back stock. Hopefull there won't be a warranty issue. I think messing with the electrical system by swapping lights, etc, is...errrr....brave?
Mine had the issue while the lighting was 100% stock (except typical clear sides). I don't think it has anything at all to do with the aftermarket LED's. Note that this thread was started 4.5 years ago.
Sure - aftermarket LEDs might complicate things. best to keep the stock ones handy in case you need to take it into the dealer for a lighting-related issue. This would be to keep things simple, vs pull the wool over someone's eyes. Again - this doesn't seem to have anything to do with aftermarket products.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:46 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
The new module and reset worked for me. Try unplugging the battery for a few minutes and then do the reset. Good luck!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:24 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
I have seen this error about 3 months ago. It was intermittent and showing up as different errors initially and finally went away when the front control unit was replaced under extended warranty.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:16 AM
ranger5oh is a splendid one to beholdranger5oh is a splendid one to beholdranger5oh is a splendid one to beholdranger5oh is a splendid one to beholdranger5oh is a splendid one to beholdranger5oh is a splendid one to beholdranger5oh is a splendid one to behold
Im reviving this thread because this just happened to me. AND the wax I used did a crappy job and looks streakey (if you have a black car, dont use Meguires Hi-Tech Wax, it did an AWFUL job)! All in all, a bad weekend for the p-car.

Who has any insight on the cheapest place to buy the front control module? I plan to install it myself after confirming the error on a Durametric. I found a place called Gaudin selling it for about $230, any experience with these guys?

Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Check out pricing at Suncoast (FL) and Sunset (OR) Porsche. Both tend to discount and IMHO are dependable sources.

///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ranger5oh
Im reviving this thread because this just happened to me. AND the wax I used did a crappy job and looks streakey (if you have a black car, dont use Meguires Hi-Tech Wax, it did an AWFUL job)! All in all, a bad weekend for the p-car.

Who has any insight on the cheapest place to buy the front control module? I plan to install it myself after confirming the error on a Durametric. I found a place called Gaudin selling it for about $230, any experience with these guys?
I have ordered from Gaudin online multiple times. Have never had a problem with them. Quick shipping.

In my mind, this is a defect and I'd pursue it with Porsche even if I was out of warranty. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle, but it might be worth a try

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone? "SYSTEM FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" **SEE IMAGE**