997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone? "SYSTEM FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" **SEE IMAGE**

Old 07-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Mister PINK is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Anyone? "SYSTEM FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" **SEE IMAGE**

Did this ever happen to anyone else?

Name:  IMG_1081.jpg
Views: 8657
Size:  22.3 KB

THANKS!!

Old 07-04-2007, 03:42 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Looks scarry, did you call or visit your dealer?

Old 07-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Closed today, I will tomorrow. I was hoping someone had a similar experience. I just had my GT3 bumper installed yesterday too.. LOVE it with the techart rockers! Pics soon after I get this BS resolved.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
your not driving the car hard enough. The workshop will teach you how to drive better..jk

Aloha

Byron

P.s. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Hopefully the kind of thing that goes away if you shut it down and reboot. Computers are weird. Yesterday my car told me to "check right front light". I dutifully did so. No problem with lights. Message is gone. Who knows?

Old 07-04-2007, 05:04 PM
mal28 is on a distinguished road
Old 07-04-2007, 05:32 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
I've had it happen twice....
both times, the dealer replaced an electronic module found up front under the trunk matting...
The only thing I noticed when the message was on, the NAV background light would switch randomly from day to night.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
....wtf!!!
what´s that arrow?
have you checked your manual to see the meaning of the arrow?

Old 07-04-2007, 06:47 PM
It looks like an "S" -- time for a SUPERCHARGER!!!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 07:58 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
I'd say it's either the trunk actuator or front control module. They have a 'history' of failing due to static electricity build up on the front bumber or headlight areas.

Your dealer will know exactly what to do.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:58 PM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
it comes on when the car needs to be supercharged..

Old 07-04-2007, 09:09 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
OMG. That's the worst alert you could possibly get. It is usually a sign of internal wastegate managment malfunction, and could result in dire and expansive damage.

All jokes aside,
I'm 98.5% sure that it is the front trunk module. I got this light after getting the car back from Borla after they were done doing R&D with it and thought it was something serious. An easy way to tell if it is in fact the problem is to, open your trunk and then lock your car with the key. If the car does NOT honk, it means that it is the module. Usually when a door is open and you lock the car, it honks, but if it doesn't, it means the car doesn't realize that the trunk is open, aka, the front module. Also check the light. If it isn't on, it also means the car doesn't recognize the trunk being open.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:13 AM
DEL
DEL is on a distinguished road
That happened to me when I ran my orbital buffer over the headlights. Dealer reset the error code and told me that it happened because of static created by the buffer.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:43 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DEL
That happened to me when I ran my orbital buffer over the headlights. Dealer reset the error code and told me that it happened because of static created by the buffer.
I believe that's the most common problem to trigger the 'Visit Workshop - System Fault' message. Mine happened a few months ago when I was detailing the front bumper area. In my case the dealer replaced the front trunk actuater (ie solenoid).

I suspect that error message could relate to a number of faults. When the service tech runs the PWIS and reads the system/fault memory it provides a pointer to the culprit.

I'm surprised Porsche hasn't come up w/ grounding modification to deal w/ this static electricity issue. It started back in MY 2005.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:09 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
They have a new module to replace the old ones. If you look up the nubers they have been changed twice now. Very common issue.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone? "SYSTEM FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" **SEE IMAGE**