997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Brought it Home Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:31 PM
73Euro911S is on a distinguished road
Brought it Home Today

Wanting an "every day" Porsche I recently sold my 64 356C cabriolet and pulled the trigger on a 4800 mile 06 997 Carrera S to share the garage with my 73 911S coupe. I debated long and hard between a 993 C2S or C4S, and a 997 Carrera S which won out.

My new ride is Atlas Gray, black sport seats, Sports Chrono, PCCB's, PSE, Nav, short shifter, Bose, illuminated steel sills (cool looking at night), and a painted console. It feels much closer in character to my 73S or a 993 than my previous 02 996. I can tell I will love this car and have miles of smiles.

Nick

Last edited by 73Euro911S; 08-31-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Enjoy it in good health, its amazing I did not see your 356 for sale, I have been digging everywhere for a cab and this one was in my own backyard.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:01 PM
yemenmocha is on a distinguished road
Please don't tease, show us your pics!

Old 09-02-2007, 06:45 PM
MrBonus will become famous soon enough
What made you choose the 997 over a 993?

Old 09-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Mister PINK is on a distinguished road
Post pics or BAN!

Old 09-02-2007, 08:11 PM
ModHog will become famous soon enough
Sounds like you make a very good choice. Enjoy.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:11 AM
73Euro911S is on a distinguished road
Cool New Toy

Sorry not to post pix yet, but I am having the car detailed tomorrow and wanted to wait. The dealer's idea of detailing a car is a high pressure spray job and a drive around the block .

I chose the 997 over the 993 mostly because of my 73 911S which provides the lightweight, visceral, loud feel that only an early air-cooled car can. While I consider the wide-body 993's to be among the best looking P-cars of all time, there is still a compromise in ergonomics and A/C function and other modern stuff (power) compared to the 997.

About a month ago a friend allowed me the opportunity to drive his 997 club coupe from San Diego to Albuquerque which was a great way to see how I felt about the new cars. Having already owned a 993 and a 996, I was anxious to compare them. I don't need to tell anyone on this board what a truly great car the 997 is. It really reminded me of the 993 in the way it is screwed together (my 996 squeaked and rattled like a Chevy Vega), and felt very planted to the pavement unlike the 996.

Once I explored the sports chrono option and messed around with stiffening the shocks and throttle response and hearing the PSE, well I was hooked. Plus, the A/C worked, and the car was comfy. I drove straight for 11+ hours, stopping only for gas and a bag of beef jerky for lunch and I did not feel the least bit weary. The sport seats are just flat out fantastic. I was sold!!

I looked for a car that conveyed a sport purpose look, not a luxo cruiser. My new car fit that when I saw it. The PCCB's againt the Atlas Grey moves me and the sight and sound of the PSE made the deal. I took a 2 hour early AM ride in the local San Diego mountains this AM, and wished I had brought the digital camera to take a few photos, although I'm not sure I would have stopped as I was having too much fun.

Thanks to this board for providing a great place to peruse and feel the passion. I will have this car for a while.

Last edited by 73Euro911S; 09-03-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:19 AM
TD in DC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 73Euro911S
Sorry not to post pix yet, but I am having the car detailed tomorrow and wanted to wait. The dealer's idea of detailing a car is a high pressure spray job and a drive around the block .

I chose the 997 over the 993 mostly because of my 73 911S which provides the lightweight, visceral, loud feel that only an early air-cooled car can. While I consider the wide-body 993's to be among the best looking P-cars of all time, there is still a compromise in ergonomics and A/C function and other modern stuff (power) compared to the 997.

About a month ago a friend allowed me the opportunity to drive his 997 club coupe from San Diego to Albuquerque which was a great way to see how I felt about the new cars. Having already owned a 993 and a 996, I was anxious to compare them. I don't need to tell anyone on this board what a truly great car the 997 is. It really reminded me of the 993 in the way it is screwed together (my 996 squeaked and rattled like a Chevy Vega), and felt very planted to the pavement unlike the 996.

Once I explored the sports chrono option and messed around with stiffening the shocks and throttle response and hearing the PSE, well I was hooked. Plus, the A/C worked, and the car was comfy. I drove straight for 11+ hours, stopping only for gas and a bag of beef jerky for lunch and I did not feel the least bit weary. The sport seats are just flat out fantastic. I was sold!!

I looked for a car that conveyed a sport purpose look, not a luxo cruiser. My new car fit that when I saw it. The PCCB's againt the Atlas Grey moves me and the sight and sound of the PSE made the deal. I took a 2 hour early AM ride in the local San Diego mountains this AM, and wished I had brought the digital camera to take a few photos, although I'm not sure I would have stopped as I was having too much fun.

Thanks to this board for providing a great place to peruse and feel the passion. I will have this car for a while.
congrats. Can't wait to see the pictures. I just moved from an '02 Targa to an Aerokit Club Coupe. Sounds like your initial impressions are similar to mine: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=375265

PS I don't know if it is taboo to link to RL from here (hope not), I just had not gotten around to typing my impressions here (where I am much newer). If it is frowned upon, just delete the link and I'll post the impressions later. Thanks.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!
Enjoy every moment of it!