997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:47 AM
nerual is on a distinguished road
I need one of these as soon as it comes out!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Mister PINK is on a distinguished road
any update on cost and timing?

Old 10-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Piper is on a distinguished road
Excuse my ignorance on this topic, but with the iPod adapter, do you have some type holder for the iPod and just a plugin like the iPod dock? Also, does this same adapter work for the iPod within the iPhone? iPhone being my main concern, obviously the bluetooth adapter is working fine but how about the iPod within the iPhone and what about the quality of sound when songs play from iPhone/iPod?

Old 10-08-2007, 04:23 AM
jfr0317 is on a distinguished road
I had my iPod adapter installed such that the end of the cable with the standard iPod connector is in the center console compartment. This end of the cable plugs into an iPod or iPhone. My iPhone works fine this way, and sound quality is good. The iPod functions of the iPhone are controlled via the PCM buttons and ****. See this link for how it is controlled:[media]http://www.nav-tv.com/download/porsche/OPiP_User.pdf[/media]

Old 10-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by jfr0317
I had my iPod adapter installed such that the end of the cable with the standard iPod connector is in the center console compartment. This end of the cable plugs into an iPod or iPhone. My iPhone works fine this way, and sound quality is good. The iPod functions of the iPhone are controlled via the PCM buttons and ****. See this link for how it is controlled:http://www.nav-tv.com/download/porsche/OPiP_User.pdf
If you don't have the bluetooth adapter, what happens when a call comes in and the iPhone is plugged in playing music? Does imitate normal phone function, music fade out and phone ring come through. Do you just have to unplug and answer, unless wearing bluetooth headset I assume?

Old 10-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Piper
If you don't have the bluetooth adapter, what happens when a call comes in and the iPhone is plugged in playing music? Does imitate normal phone function, music fade out and phone ring come through. Do you just have to unplug and answer, unless wearing bluetooth headset I assume?
I haven't tried that because all of my vehicles have Bluetooth phone capability, but I assume what you have described would be correct. I'll try turning off the Bluetooth on the iPhone and then see what happens when I receive a call while playing music from the iPhone through the iPod adapter. I'm guessing you wouldn't even have to unplug the iPhone from the adapter to be able to answer it if you had a long enough cable.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by jfr0317
I haven't tried that because all of my vehicles have Bluetooth phone capability, but I assume what you have described would be correct. I'll try turning off the Bluetooth on the iPhone and then see what happens when I receive a call while playing music from the iPhone through the iPod adapter. I'm guessing you wouldn't even have to unplug the iPhone from the adapter to be able to answer it if you had a long enough cable.
Long cable would make this situation a little easier if one did not have the the bluetooth adapter or headset, but really just curious what happens when call comes in while playing songs through iPhone. Surely it shuts down music in order to notify of call coming in. One other test for the iPhone-what about when silent switch happens to be pressed down? Obviously you wouldn't want it to be this way, but sometimes I forget I have it set to silent.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Smile

Long cable would make this situation a little easier if one did not have the the bluetooth adapter or headset, but really just curious what happens when call comes in while playing songs through iPhone. Surely it shuts down music in order to notify of call coming in. One other test for the iPhone-what about when silent switch happens to be pressed down? Obviously you wouldn't want it to be this way, but sometimes I forget I have it set to silent.
As long as it stops the music from playing, wouldn't that let you know to check the phone?

Old 10-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I tried it out with my iPhone's Bluetooth turned off and the iPhone connected to the iPod adapter, and the music stopped when the iPhone received a call. I had the iPhone in vibrate mode, and the iPhone vibrated when the call came in.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:34 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
I have done 4 of the tookie's already, ranging from Cayenne to Sportscar, further the last one I did in a Cayenne; I did a rear camera interface, Sirius Satellite, iPod interface, Park Assist sensors, and the Bluetooth. Everything works great, including the iPhone when plugged into the iPod dock of NavTv. There is a few concerns regarding all the phones out there and pairing with the unit. I did try 10 different phones that i had access to, and the only one that gave me issues was a LG Verizon model. now the problem that I was having was downloading the address book, but I had no time to go through the setup features because the owner of the vehicle needed his vehicle back. This is a huge step for NavTV, and will put thyem on the map for sure as being one of the industry greats, I remember calling up to them years ago and when they answered they would yell the questions to someone else. They have came a very long way

I will suggest to anyone that has this unit or is getting it installed, I believe it will be around $999.99 vs the factory SIM deal $1600, to get the steering wheel with the controls on it for the sports cars... it makes life so much more simpler. And I am sure it is pricey though.

Further, the question about back up camera, video, well I have been doing that already for a few years and yes i have done it on the new PCM's. As for the MP3 files, I don't see that being huge at all, especially with the iPod, that is the way of the future... I know Microsoft had theirs, but I only heard the name a few days after it was released and haven't heard it since... just iPod. I had someone call me up from here talking about another unit for the iPod, and they stated theirs retains the changer. I can honestly say that i live in a backwoods, poor (rated #1 3 years now) metropolitan area, and changers are going bye bye, plus the inconvenience of getting out and fumbling with a magazine?

i will not say that the iPod is the best sounding, but compared to a CD on a poor factory Bose sounding sound system (Porsche in general) one can't tell the difference in quality as long as the download was done correct.

Well this is my first post, I will post more later

Old 10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
+1 for Nav-TV. Will install in 2008 (when it gets cold!)

Old 10-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
I have done 4 of the tookie's already, ranging from Cayenne to Sportscar, further the last one I did in a Cayenne; I did a rear camera interface, Sirius Satellite, iPod interface, Park Assist sensors, and the Bluetooth. Everything works great, including the iPhone when plugged into the iPod dock of NavTv. There is a few concerns regarding all the phones out there and pairing with the unit. I did try 10 different phones that i had access to, and the only one that gave me issues was a LG Verizon model. now the problem that I was having was downloading the address book, but I had no time to go through the setup features because the owner of the vehicle needed his vehicle back. This is a huge step for NavTV, and will put thyem on the map for sure as being one of the industry greats, I remember calling up to them years ago and when they answered they would yell the questions to someone else. They have came a very long way

I will suggest to anyone that has this unit or is getting it installed, I believe it will be around $999.99 vs the factory SIM deal $1600, to get the steering wheel with the controls on it for the sports cars... it makes life so much more simpler. And I am sure it is pricey though.

Further, the question about back up camera, video, well I have been doing that already for a few years and yes i have done it on the new PCM's. As for the MP3 files, I don't see that being huge at all, especially with the iPod, that is the way of the future... I know Microsoft had theirs, but I only heard the name a few days after it was released and haven't heard it since... just iPod. I had someone call me up from here talking about another unit for the iPod, and they stated theirs retains the changer. I can honestly say that i live in a backwoods, poor (rated #1 3 years now) metropolitan area, and changers are going bye bye, plus the inconvenience of getting out and fumbling with a magazine?

i will not say that the iPod is the best sounding, but compared to a CD on a poor factory Bose sounding sound system (Porsche in general) one can't tell the difference in quality as long as the download was done correct.

Well this is my first post, I will post more later
Thanks for the post. With respect to the sound from the iPod/iPhone, I have almost all of the tracks in my iTunes library encoded with Apple Lossless Codec, and quality is excellent given the capabilities of the audio system.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:58 AM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
No problem, if anyone needs any help let me know, I have access to pretty much every vehicle from Porsche.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
No problem, if anyone needs any help let me know, I have access to pretty much every vehicle from Porsche.
Thanks. Nav-TV is still working on trying to get my entire iPhone phonebook to syncronize instead of just the first few entries. I actually sent them a backup copy of my phonebook that they have synced onto their iPhone, and they are now working on getting it to fully sync with their Tooki.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 AM
FEC
FEC is on a distinguished road
jfr0317, you have the tripple crown of P car mods!

I can't find anything about Nav-TVs Sirius adapter on their website and they haven't responded to my emails which I sent them when you first posted.

Do you have any further info on the Sat adapter? Thanks in advance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997