997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dleckste
This is a great thread. I just picked up a 2005 997 C2S, without Nav or the SIM phone options enabled. I'm going to put the Nav in at some point, but I'm looking to start with bluetooth and Sirius. (I hope adding the bluetooth and sirius don't complicate the nav drive install later)

I called my Porsche Dealer and they said they could do the Cayenne sirius retrofit for $1695 installed. So my question is... does anyone have any information on the difference between the factory Cayenne retrofit vs. the Nav-Tv Sirius. Does one have more features than the other? Is it just a price difference? The Nav-tv unit didn't seem particularly cheap either.
My friend it is at least $695 cheaper (actually I did a few for $1200 but when I do something trust me, you get your moneys worth) than the Porsche unit, the NavTV option is better, smaller, easier to hide and takes up no space compared to the Porsche tuner. Also i want to say another thing, I agree with you it isn't cheap, either way you look at it, but to be honest NavTv took a gamble, they designed these for a Porsche, Porsche's don't have the numbers that Ford, Chevy, Chrysler have on the road today, so you can honestly say that they are marketing to a minority. It is economics, Kind of making something for a Veyron the price would have to be ridiculous to cover R&D and production.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:45 PM
csounds is on a distinguished road
I would like to add my two cents. I don't own a Porsche, however the shop I work at did just finish installing the Nav-TV bluetooth module in an 06 C4S. It worked flawlessly. I could be a little biased as I am an authorized Nav-Tv dealer, but compared to other bluetooth devices this one integrated perfectly. Nav-Tv has impressed me with all of their products, we have now done several of their Ipod adapters in Porsches as well as other products for other vehicles and have yet to be disappointed.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:54 PM
dleckste is on a distinguished road
As I said before - this is a great thread. Thanks for the fast responses. Based on the options, I'm ordering both the Nav-TV Sirius and Bluetooth... I'll share my results as soon as they're both installed.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:13 PM
jfr0317 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dleckste
As I said before - this is a great thread. Thanks for the fast responses. Based on the options, I'm ordering both the Nav-TV Sirius and Bluetooth... I'll share my results as soon as they're both installed.
That's great. I'm looking forward to reading about your results.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:59 PM
nerual is on a distinguished road
Old 10-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Maison is on a distinguished road
Yep, that looks like it. I'm in, when and where in OC I can get this hooked up. Suddenly, the multifunction steering wheel just became more handy.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:24 PM
jfr0317 is on a distinguished road
Nav-TV told me it should be available by the end of the month. I know they are still tweaking a few things because I'm getting a new unit next week with the latest firmware, which includes the ability to do future firmware updates yourself by downloading the firmware and updating the Tooki via a Bluetooth connection from your laptop.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:21 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
please post when this is available...
any target price?

thanks in advance!!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:34 PM
stevenross is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone, i contacted nav-tv about installing the tooki bluetooth unit, and i am very excited about it and should be installing it next week.. just wanted to get some feedback, on if anyone has one installed? and how the feedback is on sound, and usage, from the looks of it, it seems great... please advise.
Steven

Originally Posted by jfr0317
I have just had a "Release Candidate" prototype Bluetooth adapter from NAV-TV installed in my 07 C2S. It connects into the MOST ring just as do the NAV-TV iPod adapter and Sirius satellite radio adapter that I previously had installed. The Bluetooth adapter allows control of a Bluetooth cell phone via the PCM's buttons and *****, including initiating and answering calls using the "lift handset" button at the upper left of the PCM, hanging up via the "end call" button just to the right of that, dialing calls via the PCM numeric keypad, syncing the cell phone's phonebook such that it is accessible through the PCM, making calls from the synced phonebook, displaying incoming caller information on the PCM screen, muting the radio or CD during calls, etc. Call quality is excellent, as is the sound through the car's main speaker system.

The only flaw I have found with my adapter's software version is that it doesn't sync the cell phone's entire phonebook, just the first 60 or so entries. NAV-TV has just shipped me an updated adapter based on my feedback which should correct this one issue. I have paired both an iPhone and a Blackberry 8700 with the NAV-TV adapter with no other issues than the partial phonebook transfer. When I get the new adapter installed next week, I'll post whether or not it has cured this problem.

NAV-TV tells me the final version of the adapter should be ready for formal release through retail channels within the next month.

I had my Bluetooth adapter, as well as my satellite radio adapter and iPod adapter, installed by Custom Car Stereo in Houston, who did their usual excellent job. The Bluetooth adapter installation took well less than an hour.

I posted this same information over at Rennlist but thought it might also be of interest here. Glad to try to answer any questions.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Maison is on a distinguished road
I thought it wasn't avail. 'til the end of this month. Maybe I'll have to call my nearest NavTV on Monday.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:54 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Maison
I thought it wasn't avail. 'til the end of this month. Maybe I'll have to call my nearest NavTV on Monday.
Eeerrrr damn it is it available or not???! I want one bad it would be so nice to have these features

Old 10-14-2007, 02:30 AM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
They are becoming available in a limited quantity. They work awesome if you have a phone that will pair flawlessly to it. not all BT phones work perfect with it, but that isn't the fault of Tooki, it is the damn manufacturer of the phone thinking they are slick. I know NAVTV does have a list available that states some phone compatibility. Though it will need feedback from end users to keep that list updated. I'd say buy an iPhone with it

Voice and sound is clear, as long as you have reception, you loose signal then obviously you lost sound quality, speaker, microphone, and the obvious connection. and with BT you kill your battery even faster

StevenRoss, I know 2 Porsche owners in Ohio with that name, a Sr and a Jr I believe... weird

Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 AM
stevenross is on a distinguished road
that is awesome.. i am sure my name is floating around.. lol.. thanks for the tip on the Tooki... i have a place in brooklyn ny that will order it and have it installed within a few days.. very exciting.. i am currently using a motorola speaker adapter and it sucks..

S

Originally Posted by JBONDOx
StevenRoss, I know 2 Porsche owners in Ohio with that name, a Sr and a Jr I believe... weird

Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 AM
mishref will become famous soon enough
Can you use the Dension ipod interface and the NavTV bluetooth together?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:57 AM
how do i find a local installer and were do i find it? whats the cost?

thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997