997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:00 PM
jfr0317 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by atomic80
Oh I'm aware that they operate independently of each other. I confirmed this with Nav-TV.com. I'll be able to have both in my car without issues. I'm looking forward to having it installed. Do you mind posting the instructions online when you have it. I'd like to see if I can do it too.
You can look at the installation instructions for the Nav-TV "OPi-P" iPod adapter available for download at Nav-TV's website and get a good idea about how to connect the MOST fiber optic cable into the MOST ring for both the OPi-P and the Tooki. The latest version of the Tooki (which I just received today) includes a revised version of the power wiring harness that includes connectors that apparently will connect directly into the existing vehicle wiring harness. The most difficult part of a do-it-yourself installation will be installing the microphone wiring. It's not a big deal for an installation professional, but it would be tough for me. On the other hand, I had the first prototype Tooki installed by a custom installer, but I easily swapped out the subsequent Tooki's myself by simply unplugging the microphone cable, power connector, and MOST connector myself. Even better, production version Tooki's, as well as my latest version, will as I have posted above allow user updating of the firmware via a Bluetooth-enabled laptop and a software download from the NaV-TV website.

By the way, one apparent limitation of the Tooki, that is actually a limitation of the PCM's telephone interface that the Tooki emulates is that it only syncs one phone number per contact. Thus, on my iPhone and Blackberry, it only syncs one number per contact, irrespective of whether your cell phone's phonebook has multiple phone numbers (i.e., work, home, cell, etc.) for each contact. Also, as stated in the Tooki user manual, it has a limitation of approximately 255 entries for syncing. Neither of these is a deal-killer for me, but it is a limitation so far with current firmware and/or PCM software.

Stay tuned. The above issues may be unique to my phonebooks. I''l continue to post my results and try to answer any questions.

Last edited by jfr0317; 10-19-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:01 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
AT&T. Thanks a ton!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
AT&T. Thanks a ton!
In that case, I'm not optimistic about SMS capability since it not only doesn't work with my iPhone but also not with my work AT&T Blackberry 8700. I'll still check with Nav-TV to be sure.

By the way, thanks for your posts about problems with the Hoen replacement fog light and parking light bulbs. I had just bought some and then promptly removed them after reading about your problems with them.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:41 PM
larrytrk will become famous soon enough
Where was the unit placed, in the trunk or behind glove box? and does it matter where it is placed in the MOST chain?

Old 10-19-2007, 01:44 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
If it doesn't support text messaging, no big deal. It takes forever to type out a message through the PCM. I can type messages out on the BlackBerry Curve 100x faster.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:07 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by larrytrk
Where was the unit placed, in the trunk or behind glove box? and does it matter where it is placed in the MOST chain?
it doesn't matter where in the chain, though i recommend first out, it will be placed under the plastic pocket to give you the best bluetooth capability

Old 10-19-2007, 03:21 PM
My unit is installed to the upper right of the front passenger footwell area behind the top part of the carpet. Bluetooth seems to work fine from there.

Just as JBONDOx says, Nav-TV told me that it theoretically doesn't matter in what sequence in the MOST ring that the Tooki is installed. I do not know for mine because I was not present at that point in the original installation.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
I heard Kenwood has a new unit called the car port that lets you connect anything to the stock headunit. does anyone here have it?

Old 10-19-2007, 05:33 PM
tried one works ok, but you'd be pissed with the remote operation. uses RDS on the radio for everything, ipod, bluetooth... and if your in CD well forget it. it is a band aid has it's pros and cons like everything else

Old 10-20-2007, 12:31 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Will Tooki or their Sirius interface work for PCM2.0 MOST bus devices? (NOTE: 2.0 not 2.1... so 2004 996TT, not 997)

The instructions for the SIRPOR2 state that if there is no SAT button the FM button will select the Sirius....

And my PCM2 has 'Voice' and 'Organizer' buttons.

I've emailed navtv and an awaiting a reply, just thought I'd ask here...

Adam

Old 10-20-2007, 04:38 AM
hatchback is on a distinguished road
Is the Tooki full-duplex or half-duplex?

Also how good is the noise cancellation? Can your counterparty hear you clearly in the turbo over the highway-level road noise?

Thanks!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:58 AM
dleckste is on a distinguished road
Getting the Sirus and Tooki installed in my 05 C2S Cab as I type this. I once saw a link to someone that explained how to properly install the sirius cable... does anyone have that link?

Old 10-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by hatchback
Is the Tooki full-duplex or half-duplex?

Also how good is the noise cancellation? Can your counterparty hear you clearly in the turbo over the highway-level road noise?

Thanks!
hmmm good question, but the way i see it is it is really a simplex, system because you really can't update the phone with what you did while paired with the command. Also it could be just half, because of the pairing process itself (data both ways) but like i stated if you add a contact via the PCM, it won't show up on your phone

The noise cancellation microphone, isn't bad, it is a generic version like most. and does well both in the Turbo's and the new Turbo Cabs

I still would like to do the factory mic, but like I stated earlier, $80 my cost... plus it will need a male end to connect to the column so it still uses the quick disconnect.

you can see what i mean, it is 2 T10 Torx under the column and the top comes off, disconnect the vinyl and the mic for noise cancellation to the amp

Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
hatchback is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
hmmm good question, but the way i see it is it is really a simplex, system because you really can't update the phone with what you did while paired with the command. Also it could be just half, because of the pairing process itself (data both ways) but like i stated if you add a contact via the PCM, it won't show up on your phone
All I meant was, can both parties talk at the same time and hear each other (full-duplex) or does the speaker phone only let one party talk at a time (half-duplex)? Thanks!

Old 10-22-2007, 01:49 PM
well I hear my kids screaming in the background when i was talking to the wife... so I guess that answers the question

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997