997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:18 PM
jfr0317 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FEC
jfr0317, you have the tripple crown of P car mods!

I can't find anything about Nav-TVs Sirius adapter on their website and they haven't responded to my emails which I sent them when you first posted.

Do you have any further info on the Sat adapter? Thanks in advance.
Thanks.

The model number for the Sirius satellite radio adapter is SIRPOR2. I bought mine from Custom Car Stereo in Houston, and it was around $1000 installed. The screens look and respond just like those shown in the satellite radio section of the Cayenne PCM manual. The Sirius antenna is mounted under the plastic cowl at the base of the windshield and so is completely out of sight. Reception is very good - at least the equal of the factory Sirius on my wife's 07 X5 that has a "sharktail" external antenna on the roof.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:50 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
Let's just say I have done many, I can do any Porsche with my eyes close, and occasionally I have a dream of it in my sleep. If you have a Cayenne, well there is a section in the PCM manual that covers satellite. and there is nothing different between that and the NavTv unit or interface, unless of course you want the factory Porsche unit retrofitted, about $2k with labor and parts.... NavTv option, though expensive is more realistic than the factory's. Also you have to find the right shop to do it. I could only think of a handful nationwide i would trust any car with.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:55 PM
FEC
FEC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jfr0317
Thanks.

The model number for the Sirius satellite radio adapter is SIRPOR2. I bought mine from Custom Car Stereo in Houston, and it was around $1000 installed. The screens look and respond just like those shown in the satellite radio section of the Cayenne PCM manual. The Sirius antenna is mounted under the plastic cowl at the base of the windshield and so is completely out of sight. Reception is very good - at least the equal of the factory Sirius on my wife's 07 X5 that has a "sharktail" external antenna on the roof.
Have you been happy with this installer? I went to La Jolla Audio here in San Diego which as a great reputation on the internet, but I talked to a kid named Joel who told me that the Dension iPod adapter would not show artist or album on the PCM screen but then after searching the internet I saw photos of P cars with the latest Dension unit showing artist and album lists so I knew Joel was wrong: strike one. Joel also said a K40 radar system was the best and so was their laser jammer but I've now seen videos where the K40 jammer doesn't do anything against modern radar: strike two. Moreover Joel knew nothing about even the remote possibility that there would be a bluetooth system that would work with a 997's PCM screen and controls which I learned later the same day having seen your post for the first time (and confirming pictures!) that Joel was wrong about that too: strike three. Then add in the extremely high prices La Jolla Audio charges -- including an upcharge on products (they wanted an extra $100 for the V1 over what Mike Valentine charges direct) and I have to say "you're out!"

Driving to Texas seems crazy but I'm beginning to wonder...

Does that installer have a website or number? Would you recommend? Do you think they would give a discount if installing all three pieces at the same time since the car is already apart?

Alternatively, I really like my dealer -- are the Nav-TV parts something you think a dealer could competently install (I would hope so, but you never know)?

Thanks again!

Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by FEC
Have you been happy with this installer? I went to La Jolla Audio here in San Diego which as a great reputation on the internet, but I talked to a kid named Joel who told me that the Dension iPod adapter would not show artist or album on the PCM screen but then after searching the internet I saw photos of P cars with the latest Dension unit showing artist and album lists so I knew Joel was wrong: strike one. Joel also said a K40 radar system was the best and so was their laser jammer but I've now seen videos where the K40 jammer doesn't do anything against modern radar: strike two. Moreover Joel knew nothing about even the remote possibility that there would be a bluetooth system that would work with a 997's PCM screen and controls which I learned later the same day having seen your post for the first time (and confirming pictures!) that Joel was wrong about that too: strike three. Then add in the extremely high prices La Jolla Audio charges -- including an upcharge on products (they wanted an extra $100 for the V1 over what Mike Valentine charges direct) and I have to say "you're out!"

Driving to Texas seems crazy but I'm beginning to wonder...

Does that installer have a website or number? Would you recommend? Do you think they would give a discount if installing all three pieces at the same time since the car is already apart?

Alternatively, I really like my dealer -- are the Nav-TV parts something you think a dealer could competently install (I would hope so, but you never know)?

Thanks again!
I can highly recommend Custom Car Stereo. Their website is www.customcarstereo.com. Phone is (713) 981-8455, and their General Manager is Chris Franks. I would ask them about pricing, but I can say that it was cheaper for me to have both the iPod adapter and satellite radio installed at the same time than it would have been separately. Having said that, they are not cheap. By the way, I'm just a customer, not at all affliated with them otherwise.

I don't see why a dealer couldn't do it, but I will say that I was originally referred to Custom Car Stereo by my Porsche dealer 6 years ago because they said Custom Car Stereo would do a better job.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 PM
nerual is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FEC
Have you been happy with this installer? I went to La Jolla Audio here in San Diego which as a great reputation on the internet, but I talked to a kid named Joel who told me that the Dension iPod adapter would not show artist or album on the PCM screen but then after searching the internet I saw photos of P cars with the latest Dension unit showing artist and album lists so I knew Joel was wrong: strike one.
You can search by Artist or Album, but it then just displays the song name when it plays the mp3. That's how mine works, so apparently either I did something wrong, or this is true.

Originally Posted by FEC
Moreover Joel knew nothing about even the remote possibility that there would be a bluetooth system that would work with a 997's PCM screen and controls which I learned later the same day having seen your post for the first time (and confirming pictures!) that Joel was wrong about that too: strike three.
I had no idea this existed until the post here. It's not even released yet, it's still a beta model. I wouldn't expect anyone to know about it yet.

Originally Posted by FEC
Then add in the extremely high prices La Jolla Audio charges -- including an upcharge on products (they wanted an extra $100 for the V1 over what Mike Valentine charges direct)
Everywhere I've seen a V1 for sale in a brick and mortar, there was a markup. You pay the price for "wanting it right now"...

Old 10-09-2007, 03:40 PM
ahsans is on a distinguished road
I was one of the first to have the Dension Bluetooth installed in my 997S, and I must say, this offering my NAV-TV appears to be significantly superior to the Dension offering. When this comes out I will probably switch out my Dension for this...

Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Have you been happy with this installer? I went to La Jolla Audio here in San Diego which as a great reputation on the internet, but I talked to a kid named Joel who told me that the Dension iPod adapter would not show artist or album on the PCM screen but then after searching the internet I saw photos of P cars with the latest Dension unit showing artist and album lists so I knew Joel was wrong: strike one.
like previous stated

Joel also said a K40 radar system was the best and so was their laser jammer but I've now seen videos where the K40 jammer doesn't do anything against modern radar: strike two.
You are completely misinformed and actually need to distinguish between fact and fiction. K-40 doesn't have a RADAR jammer, they have a Laser jammer, and they also have a new unit out, so when you go to that site that has the K-40 videos not working, ask them how much they sell the K-40 unit for? They don't sell it you will state... now if they don't sell it, then what are they going to do with it? bash it! Here is a link with video that will completely counter anything you have stated regarding the K-40. The Link

Further the K-40 is awesome when integrated into the vehicle, nothing suction cupped to the window of a $150k 997tt, and it works very well... I haven't seen Valentine company offering to pay anyones tickets... So we can say strike 2 on your comments???!!!???

Moreover Joel knew nothing about even the remote possibility that there would be a bluetooth system that would work with a 997's PCM screen and controls which I learned later the same day having seen your post for the first time (and confirming pictures!) that Joel was wrong about that too: strike three.
There was only a handful out there for testing, so basically it didn't exist for the retail market, which is you... and if doesn't exist, then the shops don't know about it. Strike 3 for you???!!!???

Then add in the extremely high prices La Jolla Audio charges -- including an upcharge on products (they wanted an extra $100 for the V1 over what Mike Valentine charges direct) and I have to say "you're out!"
You pay for top notch work, I am in Ohio and know those guys, they are 1 of 2 shops in that area that do high end work... you wouldn't take your porsche to a Kia dealer for service would ya?

I doubt it though I would say it is a 50/50 chance

Old 10-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
FEC...we have Dension installers in CA who can help you and have 20+ years of Porsche and other highline experience.

Feel free to email me anytime.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 10-10-2007, 07:17 PM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is an unknown quantity at this point
FEC,
I have 20 years + experience in car audio as well and i am a lot closer to you i am in WEST LA . Fell free to pm me for priceing and yes i am an authorized NAVTV dealer and i hjave most of their parts in stock. the bluetooth kit it coming shortly but i do have the sirius as well as the ipod adaptors in stock. I will have to ask you to make sure your PCM has an SAT OR PHONE button on the face .If you pm me and you like you can stop and see my car although i have decided to pull the factory unit .

Old 10-10-2007, 07:54 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Who knows of an installer in the bay area that can do the rear-view camera on the PCM?

Old 10-10-2007, 07:55 PM
dleckste is on a distinguished road
This is a great thread. I just picked up a 2005 997 C2S, without Nav or the SIM phone options enabled. I'm going to put the Nav in at some point, but I'm looking to start with bluetooth and Sirius. (I hope adding the bluetooth and sirius don't complicate the nav drive install later)

I called my Porsche Dealer and they said they could do the Cayenne sirius retrofit for $1695 installed. So my question is... does anyone have any information on the difference between the factory Cayenne retrofit vs. the Nav-Tv Sirius. Does one have more features than the other? Is it just a price difference? The Nav-tv unit didn't seem particularly cheap either.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:04 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
You will have a lot more options with Nav-tv or Dension due to the Ipod and Bluetooth capabilities! Plus I think it will be significantly cheaper.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:08 PM
I was originally quoted a $1000 installed price, on a standalone basis, for the Nav-TV Sirius by my Houston installer. I had the iPod adapter installed at the same time and got a little bit of a break on the combined price. As nearly as I can tell, there are no differences in functionality between the Nav-TV Sirius and what the Cayenne's PCM manual indicates that its optional satellite radio can do (i.e, same display screens, same controls, etc.).

Old 10-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by PORSCHEAUDIO
FEC,
I have 20 years + experience in car audio as well and i am a lot closer to you i am in WEST LA . Fell free to pm me for priceing and yes i am an authorized NAVTV dealer and i hjave most of their parts in stock. the bluetooth kit it coming shortly but i do have the sirius as well as the ipod adaptors in stock. I will have to ask you to make sure your PCM has an SAT OR PHONE button on the face .If you pm me and you like you can stop and see my car although i have decided to pull the factory unit .

How many you worked on? or seen? because all the 997 PCM's will work the Sirius satellite unit from Nav-Tv and they have no sat button. Also all PCM's have the phone buttons... not a great confidence builder I think ya need to know your product and vehicles more...

Old 10-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Who knows of an installer in the bay area that can do the rear-view camera on the PCM?

I can probably get one of my buddies to do it... I am currently writing an instruction manual on how to do it for the sportscar... when I say buddies, I mean real pro installers that are probably the cream of the crop

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NAV-TV Bluetooth Adapter for 997