American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

65'/66' Mustang Fastback or 67'-69' Camaro

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
65'/66' Mustang Fastback or 67'-69' Camaro

What do you guys like better and why, post pics if you own one

Christian

Old 03-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Here's my '66 Fastback. I just love the body style of the 65/66 FB's. Sorry, the photos are too big for me to post, but here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...cSELL.m315.lVI

Old 03-16-2008, 01:01 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
The Camaro, it will be worth more. And IMO they look better. I'd love a '69 someday.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:35 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
I have a 68 Camaro Pro Touring build in progress - should be done in a couple months. Love the lines.

Also love the 65-68 Fastback. Both are killer cars.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
67 GT350 white with daytona blue strips

Old 03-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Maibox is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Zuluracerx
Here's my '66 Fastback. I just love the body style of the 65/66 FB's. Sorry, the photos are too big for me to post, but here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESEX:IT&it em=140215140659&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI

That car is incredible. I've had a 66 coupe for over 20 years and I've always wanted to do exactly what you've done (except I'd want to use the 289 ).

Did you do much of the work yourself? If you don't mind, could you PM an idea of what it took dollarwise to get the car to this point?

Old 03-16-2008, 10:10 AM
frap is on a distinguished road
Zuluracerx, your Fastback is amazing. I love those rims

Old 03-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
There is a guy in Long Beach that actually makes the "real" Trans Am magnesium wheel in custom offsets. If the car does not sell, I will be having a set of these made for my Fastback. They look very similar, but are actually a very dark gray instead of black. It's only money...

Old 03-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Plan on spending about $150K to get a super high level build like this. This would be my budget for either the Mustang or early Camaro. My motor was built by the same guy that does the Millen race motors, he was featured on Speed. You will have $40K in the motor alone. Maybe some of you recall the twin blower 67 fastback "obsidean". He built this motor too. Should be able to google it. Too over the top for me, but still interesting. I have always loved the early Camaro's as well. Think Penske Trans AM era. The Sunoco car. Not much cooler than that.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Fastback is on a distinguished road
If you decide on a Fastback, you should probably just pull the trigger on Zuluacerx's car. I was looking at it the other day. It is one of the cleanest, most carefully thought out and complete builds I've seen...and I've been building these things for more than 25 years. Brutally fast, dead reliable with an all modern drivetrain, yet still true to the classic beauty of the original design. What more could you want?

Last edited by Fastback; 03-16-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:49 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Plan on spending about $150K to get a super high level build like this. This would be my budget for either the Mustang or early Camaro. My motor was built by the same guy that does the Millen race motors, he was featured on Speed. You will have $40K in the motor alone. Maybe some of you recall the twin blower 67 fastback "obsidean". He built this motor too. Should be able to google it. Too over the top for me, but still interesting. I have always loved the early Camaro's as well. Think Penske Trans AM era. The Sunoco car. Not much cooler than that.
I really like your car and think it is a tasteful, well put together build, but I take disagree with you saying this car takes $150k to build. And there is no way that is a $40k motor. If you honestly paid this much for the motor, well... I will leave it at that. That motor should be able to be built (by a professional with a good reputation) for half of that. Tom Nelson (on the cover of Hot Rod and PHR every other month?) builds twin turbo small/big block motors that are streetable for less than that. And he is tops in the business right now for wicked streetable high power motors.

Obsidian is an amazing car yes, but 99% show car if I am not mistaken. Does that thing get driven? Still, it is a wicked car - I saw it at SEMA.

Sorry, I do not mean to be a jerk but I do think your $40k motor statement is misleading and not indicative of what you need to speed for that.

By comparison, I bought a very similar ProCharged small block Chevy with less than 1000 miles for $8500 last year for my Camaro. It has top of the line parts (like yours) and cost about $14k-15k brand new to build.

Good luck with the sale. Great looking car.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:00 PM
ct1
ct1 is just really nicect1 is just really nicect1 is just really nicect1 is just really nice
Flash....keep us in the loop on the build! I would also enjoy having a Sunoco style trans-am era clone of come sort. Seems to me that one should not be that over-the-top expensive to replicate as its a stripper and not a show car by any stretch. One of my faves belongs to some poster's uncle. Not T/A style but a wicked road tracker for sure.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
There is a guy in Long Beach that actually makes the "real" Trans Am magnesium wheel in custom offsets. If the car does not sell, I will be having a set of these made for my Fastback. They look very similar, but are actually a very dark gray instead of black. It's only money...
You have a gorgeous car. Best of luck with the sale, I just wish you had it for sale at the end of the year. I think I would enjoy something like this.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by ct1
Flash....keep us in the loop on the build! I would also enjoy having a Sunoco style trans-am era clone of come sort. Seems to me that one should not be that over-the-top expensive to replicate as its a stripper and not a show car by any stretch. One of my faves belongs to some poster's uncle. Not T/A style but a wicked road tracker for sure.
Thanks, will do. Hope my comments were not too over-the-top.

Yes, I love the old road racer T/A style too. The numbers on the car and that street fighter look.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:44 PM
No offense taken Flash. But when you quote $15K for a "similar" motor, don't forget the programmable EFI, don't forget the RD rad setup, serp setup, race blower cogged set up, 80 pound injectors, Aero fuel delivery, and on and on and on. It's a lot more in my $40K figure than a long block. Make sure you post up your build as it sounds awesome!

Cheers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 65'/66' Mustang Fastback or 67'-69' Camaro