American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

new gt500 is bada..!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 AM
richtor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
You'd need alot more then a blower to make a lowly 315 HP GT fast. Hell the base Camaro V6 has almost as much power.
high 11's all day long in a 450rwhp mustang gt with blower. its not hard. mid 11's with tires.

here is one with suspension mods at laguna seca.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPC899mdkF8

Old 01-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
You'd need alot more then a blower to make a lowly 315 HP GT fast. Hell the base Camaro V6 has almost as much power.
KB GT, auto on an ET local has made some 10.90 passes at 126, 3600 pound race weight, 434 to the wheels, on stock block and stock tranny, nothing special.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Don't care who you are, get a vendor hook up on a KB and a $800 tune which will toss a measly 780 mild HP to the wheels and on a tire already having 31 splines and not one other mod will take it at full weight to a fairly easy low 10 sec pass. Not a corner car but speed for the money in a pony car that you can't beat.

Last edited by Almo; 01-03-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:37 AM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 8speed
You're not exactly a newbie, but you just recently registered? OK, that makes sense because..........?
I had known about the site for quite awhile, but I just recently decided to start posting.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 AM
6speedkaz will become famous soon enough6speedkaz will become famous soon enough
Looks sweet, but the wheels are complete 5 spoke Audi RS4 knockoffs! Can't Ford do anything original?
if anything they look like the 63 AMG series style

Old 01-03-2009, 09:06 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by richtor
high 11's all day long in a 450rwhp mustang gt with blower. its not hard. mid 11's with tires.

here is one with suspension mods at laguna seca.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPC899mdkF8
There is no way a blower on a stock GT will run 11's. Low to mid 12's at best without other mods. I have two buddies with blown GT's with exhaust and neither runs 11's and they are both above average drivers. Stock GT's dyno in the mid 250's, you don't gain 200 RWHP from just a blower unless your running bye-bye motor boost or alot of other bolt-ons....

Old 01-03-2009, 09:09 AM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Almo
KB GT, auto on an ET local has made some 10.90 passes at 126, 3600 pound race weight, 434 to the wheels, on stock block and stock tranny, nothing special.
If that car is running a 126 trap and it's an auto, it has ALOT of mods besides just a blower on a otherwise stock GT.

Do you guys drag race?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Don't care who you are, get a vendor hook up on a KB and a $800 tune which will toss a measly 780 mild HP to the wheels and on a tire already having 31 splines and not one other mod will take it at full weight to a fairly easy low 10 sec pass. Not a corner car but speed for the money in a pony car that you can't beat.
So you think adding a KB blower to a stock GT will give you 780 to the wheels after a tune? You are aware that is a 500 RWHP gain over stock?

Old 01-03-2009, 10:29 AM
richtor is on a distinguished road
there are a lot of choices out there but it does not take much to get 450 out of those 3 valve engines. intake, exhaust, twin screw, intercooler, and a tune will get your 450rwhp easy with decent boost(10/12lbs)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...kit-06-gt.html
Yeah Whipple is the way to go.. The car is just like stock driving it and the gas mileage is about the same.. this is my brothers car with Whipple 10 psi.. best 1/4 time.. 11.46 and the car is nearly stock except for the SC and Exhaust
470-490.. The car is tuned by Justin at VMP tuning and the AF is 11.1-3 at WOT on 93 pump gas.. we always drive the car with the 8 psi pulley but on racedays the 10 psi.. There is no problem with the car and I would never buy another Blower than Twinscrew.. instant throttle response and power at all rpm but in the winter we will build the motor so he can drive the car always on 12 psi and 16 on racedays

The Mod list is
Whipple H.O kit
BBK headers
Pypes x-pipe
Pypes Mid-muffler exhaust
BBK Throttle body( will be replaced by Widemouth)
Stock Auto
Stock Diff 3.31( 3.55 going in)
CHE UCA/LCA

Thats all
and a saleen blower...
Saleen S/C tuned by JDM with a 3.2" (12psi) pulley.
Due to the longtubes it has around 10-11psi.
It's putting down 500/475 and has been on the car for nearly 2 years, 20,000 miles and 800+ 1/4 mile runs.

The car ran a best of 11.427 @ 119.92 with a 1.61 60' when it had the 3.4" pulley on it with 4.10's 2 years ago.

It's been running 3.55's for the last year and it's going in for a tru-trac, moser axles and fresh 4.10's tomorrow morning.

It ran an 11.48 @ 124.343 3 weeks ago on a 1.81 60' on a bad spin so it should be good for low 11's

Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 AM
So you think adding a KB blower to a stock GT will give you 780 to the wheels after a tune? You are aware that is a 500 RWHP gain over stock?
I guess I can play your game... So you think adding a KB blower to a Ford GT wouldn't yield the aforementioned numbers?

Come on already, I didn't reference a Mustang GT in my second thread, reference was partial to the thread which was a GT500 but I guess some need specifics and have a hard time figuring things out?

And no, the Mustang GT above has your normal bolt-ons with a KB nothing special but I am glad you are the feeler/beholder of what should run what.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:20 AM
If that car is running a 126 trap and it's an auto, it has ALOT of mods besides just a blower on a otherwise stock GT.

Do you guys drag race?
Not at all.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...mph-stats.html

You can find Almo on the list.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:09 PM
prpsebuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
Why the profanity and insults? No need for that..... besides, it's against forum rules!

cheers!
OK you win !! Great show good job

Old 01-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by richtor
intake, exhaust, twin screw, intercooler, and a tune will get your 450rwhp easy with decent boost(10/12lbs)
I rest my case.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:14 PM
I guess I can play your game... So you think adding a KB blower to a Ford GT wouldn't yield the aforementioned numbers?
A Ford GT? That's nice, to bad the whole convo was about a Mustang GT....

Old 01-03-2009, 07:40 PM
A Ford GT? That's nice, to bad the whole convo was about a Mustang GT....

Are you really that ignorant? You must need a little more time on these big boards for your little mind to wrap around. Much amazed at the intellect in your reply.

Last edited by Almo; 01-03-2009 at 07:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new gt500 is bada..!