American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

new gt500 is bada..!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Wow, even I would give it a little more then that....when you go back to second grade, work on your reading and writing.

Keep on posting non-car related crap and I'll go right back at you. Stick to a debate on cars, and so will I. As I did before you started going OT....

Convo, OT, right back at me? And you are pulling the go back to second grade crap. Haha not once but twice now... how cute, a 15 year old trying to act smart.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Still never happen. I used to own a '03 Cobra with a full KB suspension and tons of other suspension mods. While it was quick in a straight line, it had bad weight distribution and in no way would hang with a ZO6, C5 or C6 on a track, and a tight autoX track, forget it.

You see we can have a decent car debate, but you seem to like to toss low blows in your posts....believe it or not I am not anti-Ford and have owned five....
Sure you did. Haha since when did Jim start selling aftermarket suspension parts? Too funny!!

Last edited by Almo; 01-04-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by richtor
you had the wrong mods!

also a 03/04 mustang svt is still heavier balance wise than the a/l block mustang gt. a full griggs(sla, watts link, coil overs, plus weight loss) suspension and a good blower/intercooler can hang with a stock z06 for a few laps before heat fade. of course mod the z and forget about it. as there are vids to show exactly what this set up can do.
Actually, I got my 03 Cobra down to 2990 and besides a rear seat delete kit and race seats the cab looked stock, still had the radio, a/c, heat and all in it. Had a live axle replace the IRS but got it to 2990 with less than $2500. A set of coils at all four corners and adding a little weight to the rear and also adding a blower swap and the car would have held it's own against a C6Z on a road course.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:13 PM
avalon53 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Almo
KB GT, auto on an ET local has made some 10.90 passes at 126, 3600 pound race weight, 434 to the wheels, on stock block and stock tranny, nothing special.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...d.php?t=122117

^^^He's another that ran similar times with a stock longblock and Auto. There have been a few people who have been pulling pretty good times with the right 'simple' setup

The low 12sec Cam Only GT is VERY impressive too

Old 01-04-2009, 03:27 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Almo
Convo, OT, right back at me? And you are pulling the go back to second grade crap. Haha not once but twice now... how cute, a 15 year old trying to act smart.
Guess I'm wasting my time tring to be civil with a second grade know it all.

*IGNORE*

Old 01-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Guess I'm wasting my time tring to be civil with a second grade know it all.

*IGNORE*

Awwww, does someone need a cookie?

KB suspension... Haha still laughing about that one by the way.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:08 AM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
Cool links to additional info on the 2010 GT500

http://www.mustangblog.com/index.php...-hits-the-web/

Changes (but not HP/TQ ratings) in this link

http://www.mustangblog.com/info/2010...rder-guide.pdf

Old 01-06-2009, 04:12 PM
2bscrewed is on a distinguished road
Read what I said again. I was talking about POWER and PRICE. "Probably could buy a new 422 HP Camaro SS and add a blower for less." I don't see the word weight anywhere in that sentence....adding the blower to the SS would give it like 550 plus HP and it would be much less.

Even if I was talking about weight, the weight of a Maggie blower is like 40 pounds.....even with all the hardware maybe 100 pounds.
Is the new Camaro motor able to handle boost? Who makes a blower for it?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:53 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2bscrewed
It's an LS3, a few blowers on the market for them.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:05 PM
2bscrewed is on a distinguished road
It's an LS3, a few blowers on the market for them.
So it doesn't matter what car is wrapped around it. The blower kits are all the same?

Old 01-06-2009, 06:27 PM
richtor is on a distinguished road
i believe it will handle boost, just not tons of it. i do not believe its fully forged. i would not try a kb at 20lbs. but at 600rwhp it should last a while.

i would stay n/a with it. heads cams, and full exhaust with tune should have you close to 500rwhp n/a. that would make one hell of a track car!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by richtor
i would stay n/a with it. heads cams, and full exhaust with tune should have you close to 500rwhp n/a. that would make one hell of a track car!
So would I. H/C would be the best choice on a LS3. LSx's can take boost though, I have a few buddies with blowers.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 PM
So it doesn't matter what car is wrapped around it. The blower kits are all the same?
Yeah, they are all the same....Come on now, you knew where I was getting at. There will be a dealer installed kit, Vortec and some other company have them coming out too. I saw them with my own eyes at SEMA. Once the car is out I'm sure there will be about 5. Plus STS is going to have a rear mount kit coming....

Old 01-07-2009, 12:18 AM

Too funny! LOL

Old 01-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Romancer is on a distinguished road
You'd need alot more then a blower to make a lowly 315 HP GT fast. Hell the base Camaro V6 has almost as much power.
A blower = 500+hp

At a lighter weight than the GT500, you'd be quicker than a GT500. Different strokes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new gt500 is bada..!