American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

new gt500 is bada..!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
There is no way a blower on a stock GT will run 11's. Low to mid 12's at best without other mods. I have two buddies with blown GT's with exhaust and neither runs 11's and they are both above average drivers. Stock GT's dyno in the mid 250's, you don't gain 200 RWHP from just a blower unless your running bye-bye motor boost or alot of other bolt-ons....

You show your true knowledge of FI on a Mustang in the above post. I rest my case!

Last edited by Almo; 01-03-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:49 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by richtor
great point. you could also add the blower to the mustang gt and make it faster for less money. you could even add some suspension to the mustang gt and blower and have it as fast as the z06 on a road course for 50k.
you better figure out a way to take 700-800 lbs out of the mustang if you think it is going to hang with a Z06 on the road course.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:54 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Almo
I rest my case!
Glad to hear!

Because 200 RWHP on a STOCK 4.6 GT....and stock means no exhaust, no TB work, no nothing, isn't happening.
That's nearly double the stock RWHP....

Last edited by SINISTR; 01-03-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:56 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
you better figure out a way to take 700-800 lbs out of the mustang if you think it is going to hang with a Z06 on the road course.
Well some of these guys think adding a blower to a stock 4.6 nearly doubles RWHP, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear they believe that too.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Are you really that ignorant? You must need a little more time on these big boards for your little mind to wrap around. Much amazed at the intellect in your reply.
I guess you need to read, I hear you can learn alot in second grade.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Glad to hear!

Because 200 RWHP on a STOCK 4.6 GT....and stock means no exhaust, no TB work, no nothing, isn't happening.
That's nearly double the stock RWHP....
Cough... Cough... no Mustang GT with a blower will go 11s.

My turn and to play your 'I'm going to act ignorant' game... A stock 4.6 will indeed put down 200 RWHP with a blower. Want to bet on it? Before you drink the coolaid though, you might want to specify which 4.6 you might be speaking of. Not to mention, seems with your mentioning of 250 dyno numbers and you must be stuck in the days of the 99-04 2V 4.6s. vs your big bad LS1 numbers.

Last edited by Almo; 01-04-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:05 AM
I guess you need to read, I hear you can learn alot in second grade.
Still stuck there huh?

Old 01-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Nefarious7907 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
It still couldnt hang with a Z06, the z has better weight distribution with the engine behind the front axle and the gear box in the back, dry sump, lower cg, irs, ect .........................I just dont see a street legal mustang ever being competiton for Z on a roadcourse.

This is coming from a mustang guy, well sort of

Old 01-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Nefarious7907
It still couldnt hang with a Z06, the z has better weight distribution with the engine behind the front axle and the gear box in the back, dry sump, lower cg, irs, ect .........................I just dont see a street legal mustang ever being competiton for Z on a roadcourse.

This is coming from a mustang guy, well sort of
Only Ford (besides a Ford GT) that might have a chance but need a blower swap and some suspension work would be an 03/04 Cobra... few other things like 1 or 2 piece wheels w/tires, seats, no rear seats (delete kit) half shafts, subframes, and a good coil set with a front tubular K and I believe even though it wouldn't have the best weight distro, it would still holds its own against a mild modded Z pushing around 475 to 490 to the wheels at its weight.

Last edited by Almo; 01-04-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:26 AM
richtor is on a distinguished road
did you guys even watch the vid? here it is again....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPC899mdkF8

the mustang in question has a full sla front suspension and torque arm bar rear with adjustable watts link that rids on 4 adjustable koni coil overs. it runs about 3500lbs with blower putting down 450rwhp. the car runs one sec behind the nasa track record at infineon racetrack in full street form.

it also ran better times up the 07 virginia city hill climb than a 996 gt3, f430, and gallardo. this is all on vid as well.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:39 AM
197 platform is night and day from past. That and a well done up link even on a live axle can get the job done. Sounds like the car has a blowoff valve hence a centrifigual blower which is more beneficial on a road course with it's linear curve.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Glutamine will become famous soon enoughGlutamine will become famous soon enough
nice stuff

Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 AM
A stock 4.6 will indeed put down 200 RWHP with a blower.
Wow, even I would give it a little more then that....when you go back to second grade, work on your reading and writing.

Keep on posting non-car related crap and I'll go right back at you. Stick to a debate on cars, and so will I. As I did before you started going OT....

Last edited by SINISTR; 01-04-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Only Ford (besides a Ford GT) that might have a chance but need a blower swap and some suspension work would be an 03/04 Cobra... few other things like 1 or 2 piece wheels w/tires, seats, no rear seats (delete kit) half shafts, subframes, and a good coil set with a front tubular K and I believe even though it wouldn't have the best weight distro, it would still holds its own against a mild modded Z pushing around 475 to 490 to the wheels at its weight.
Still never happen. I used to own a '03 Cobra with a full suspension bought through KB and tons of other suspension mods. While it was quick in a straight line, it had bad weight distribution and in no way would hang with a ZO6, C5 or C6 on a track, and a tight autoX track, forget it.

You see we can have a decent car debate, but you seem to like to toss low blows in your posts....believe it or not I am not anti-Ford and have owned five....but your way to much of a thick-headed tool to see past anything you don't think is right in your tiny mind....

Last edited by SINISTR; 01-04-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:16 PM
richtor is on a distinguished road
Still never happen. I used to own a '03 Cobra with a full KB suspension and tons of other suspension mods. While it was quick in a straight line, it had bad weight distribution and in no way would hang with a ZO6, C5 or C6 on a track, and a tight autoX track, forget it.
you had the wrong mods!

also a 03/04 mustang svt is still heavier balance wise than the a/l block mustang gt. a full griggs(sla, watts link, coil overs, plus weight loss) suspension and a good blower/intercooler can hang with a stock z06 for a few laps before heat fade. of course mod the z and forget about it. as there are vids to show exactly what this set up can do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new gt500 is bada..!