American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MSIZZLE66
lol its so funny how informations gets flawed as it travels from place to place, the copper z06 isnt a z06 its a c6 and what that sentence fails to mention is that there was a driver change when that run occurred!!! as a matter of fact that copper vette is member CSX4236!!
Just forwarding info as i find it..

Mike

Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 AM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
There is.. its called ECTA-LSR.com aka Maxton.. The drawback.. all of these cars wont pass tech.. so until that happens these records will be broken all year as long as the clocks will always read differently for each Mile event..

I think for something to be a world record it would need to be backed up at a 2nd track worst case or have some Incar GPS video that shows give or take a couple MPH.. Just my.02

Mike
well that i agree with it should be backed up some how, the term "world record" has been used very loosely when it comes to this event, none of them are governed by anyone and all three use different timing methods and even with the exact run different timing methods can yield different times. The system used in the texas mile averages the speed over a specified distance at the end of the track. so you take a car like these 2 gt's that are pulling hard even at the end they will get robbed a few mph. to my understanding using gps the military can put a cruise missile threw someone's kitchen window so why cant some sort of tracker be placed in the cars will give a 100% accurate speed when it crosses a set spot. any timing equipment not in the car will risk inaccuracy with height distance installation etc...

mike on a side note i wanted to pick your brain about your m5, im posting my vids from this event on the bmw sec so chime in so we can chat about nos!!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:27 AM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
from the mod of a ford gt forum

Gentlemen,

I've just deleted about 20 posts from this thread. Starting an internet pissing match of claims, counterclaims, accusations, and denials is counterproductive to the enjoyment and good fellowship this site is all about.

I believe a couple things need to be pointed out however that are inarguable.

1. One-mile racing is in its infancy. Like drag racing in the 1940s and 50s before the NHRA. There is no sanctioning body, there are no set standards. The oldest and most experienced entity conducting this type of event is the Texas Mile. Their method of timing which calculates an average speed at the end of the mile over a fairly long last segment of the course, results in a lower final speed for high-powered cars that are still accelerating hard at the end of the mile. The timing equipment used at the Miami Mile, assuming it is properly set up and calibrated, would issue a higher speed calculation than the equipment used at the Texas Mile for two high-powered cars running identical actual velocities.

2. Someday soon there will be a sanctioning body and established standards for speed calculation. But right now, the events are what they are. You have to show up, lay down your best runs, and accept the issued results. SW held the standing mile record for street cars for a couple years even though no sanctioning body certified his results at the Texas Mile. Performance Power set a new standard in Florida with their 252 run. When a couple members of this Forum wanted to call those results into question because that number was set at a lower altitude and with more favorable timing equipment than those used at the Texas Mile, I would not allow it. Most of the cars running at that event in Florida, who had attended both events, were turning in speeds a full 10 miles an hour faster than their best results at the Texas Mile. Was there a problem with equipment in Florida or in Texas? We will never know. So the results are accepted and Performance Power received the accolade's that they had worked hard for and certainly deserved.

3. Which brings us to last weekend's event. I believe Performance Power made a couple good runs and did not receive a time slip. I know that Ray Hoffman made two good runs that also did not receive a time slip. But in the second part of the day, after final adjustments had been made to their equipment, it is certainly possible to compare the performance of the cars running late in the day. Absolute top speeds are not comparable between events because of different equipment and methods used even if they are properly calibrated. And until a sanctioning body is formed and standards are set, it's going to continue to be that way.

4. Late in the day last Sunday, the "top 3" 1 mile cars in the world were assembled in one place (Performance Power, Underground Racing, Hoffman Motorsports), running in identical miserable conditions (15-18 mph headwind, high heat, and high humidity), and being measured by the same timing equipment (which did not blow over and was not recalibrated late in the day). I was at the finish line all day Thursday and all day Sunday.

5. Ray Hoffman made a run into that stiff headwind and posted the highest top speed of the day (a result backed up by onboard V-box data as well). Performance Power came to the line about 30 minutes later and ran in conditions that, if anything, were slightly more favorable. The timing equipment had not been adjusted between Ray's run and Johnny's run. On this day, the result wasn't even close. We're not talking about a margin of error difference here. The 14 mph gap between those two cars runs at the end of the day was visible to the naked eye and those of us who had been at the finish line all day did not need a timing slip to tell us who had made the fastest run.

6. This is only one event, on one day, and it no more sets a "forever standard", settling "once and for all" who has the fastest car, than SW's time did in Texas, or Johnnie's at the Miami Mile. There will be many more events, and hopefully many more cars in the mix among top 1 mile contenders. IndyCar Teams, NASCAR Teams, and NHRA Teams don't ever make claims that they are the top dog, have the fastest car, and no one else can compete. They go out every weekend, put forth their best effort, and must earn the right to call themselves a Champion. You'll never hear Roger Penske griping about conditions, officiating, or rules, and claiming that these invalidate his competitor's efforts and victorys, while loudly crowing about the Penske Team's successes on those weekends when things work out in their favor. I don't want to hear it here either.

The speeds posted and verified by onboard equipment at last weekend's event are so far in excess of the previous (also unsanctioned and unverified) World Record that they cannot be called into question without calling all other claimed World Mile Speed Records into question as well.

7. At the end of the day, this is just a game, played by intense individuals for the personal satisfaction that comes from having done something extraordinary. I have been privileged to watch one of the top teams operate and I respect and admire the efforts of competing teams as well. The men who put these amazing cars and crews together share a bond that should be far greater than any competitive animus. Let's leave the guns at home and the trash talking on the basketball court.

Put forth your best effort, put down your best times, accept the results, and enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow competitors and fans. At the end of the weekend, win or lose, I'll buy the ****tails. And we'll see you at the next event. All the best.

Chip Beck

Old 04-28-2010, 05:12 AM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
lol @ "The oldest and most experienced entity conducting this type of event is the Texas Mile." The ECTA has been running the Maxton Mile since the late 90's. The Silver State Classic has a one mile event also, not sure how long they have doing that though.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:26 AM
blaze is on a distinguished road
Little did everyone know they were filming a new reality show.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Dans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the rough
TexasMile Teaser Video, This was thrusday testing. It went like 271.1. Like it or not B!tches this is the fastest mile car ever and still stock body and aero....It will go over 275 in Texas in October...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EP_sQ50ORM

Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 AM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Why is it impossible to go 168 in the 1/4 mile?

The 1300whp Nera went 169

Old 04-28-2010, 12:55 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
we've got an LSX right around the corner(local dude) daily driven....running 170's in the 1/4...trans am...LSX. Easily...or maybe not easily but,...very possible.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:25 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
^^Not to mention several street Vipers in the 180-200mph range in the 1/4 mile. I say the 168mph in the 1/4 for the FGT is wholey believable.

A car geared for the mile will run a slower 1/4 mile time/mph than a similar car geared for the 1/4 mile. If you geared Hoffmans FGT for the 1/4 mile and it can hook, Id fully believe it to be in the same range as those Vipers running 1800rwhp+ and doing 180-200mph in just the 1/4....

Old 04-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DarrinB
Why is it impossible to go 168 in the 1/4 mile?

The 1300whp Nera went 169
Did you watch the video?? He doesnt even get WOT throttle til the 1/8th mile probably.. Im sorry man im just not buying 168 when i have seen the video of the pass.. Cars doing 170+ MPH are using the full 1320ft.. The Fgt doesnt even get WOT or any traction till the 1/8th mile probably..

Mike

Old 04-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Dans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the rough
Did you watch the video?? He doesnt even get WOT throttle til the 1/8th mile probably.. Im sorry man im just not buying 168 when i have seen the video of the pass.. Cars doing 170+ MPH are using the full 1320ft.. The Fgt doesnt even get WOT or any traction till the 1/8th mile probably..

Mike
That video is not of the 266 pass...car poped out of gear on that pass i believe. It has motec traction control. It bogged off the start and went a 4.0 60ft went 11 in the quarter at 168, sorry if you don't like it but it is the truth. it goes 220+ in the half mile. IT went 155 in texas in the 1/4 and 205 in the 1/2 with alot less power and no traction control.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Dans776
That video is not of the 266 pass...car poped out of gear on that pass i believe. It has motec traction control. It bogged off the start and went a 4.0 60ft went 11 in the quarter at 168, sorry if you don't like it but it is the truth. it goes 220+ in the half mile. IT went 155 in texas in the 1/4 and 205 in the 1/2 with alot less power and no traction control.
Not disrespecting anyone or at least not trying to but i just have a hard time swallowing some of the #'s given at these makeshift events.. Im sorry man..

If i was the owner and knew my car was capable of these #'s i would have so much backup data you wouldnt even want to see it all.. Vbox, datalogs of RPM, boost, speed etc.. a simple camera with GPS on the Dash would give us an idea of what speed he was at just before he chopped..

Its easy to just say " the car was on more boost so it must be accurate "..

If a Gallardo owner setup some timers down an abandoned street with $20k timers and told me he ran 8.5@178mph and knows its accurate because he ran 9.1@170 on less boost i would say the same.. There must be BACKUP DATA since we dont have NHRA to sanction this type of racing..

End of the day Im not involved and wont ever be probably the way its setup in Miami.. I run ECTA-LSR aka MAXTON.. Something that holds the same standards as bonneville.. This is a place where there are RULES, classes , standard and accuracy at all time.. I dont have a car that passes their rules but i have over 30 records on my bikes there.. This is a place that records are broken each event by .003 so it MUST be as close to accurate as possible.. I know what headwinds cost as far as MPH.. +18mph headwind and going 267 the car must be good for 273+ easily.. just my .02

Old 04-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by snakebitten
^^Not to mention several street Vipers in the 180-200mph range in the 1/4 mile. I say the 168mph in the 1/4 for the FGT is wholey believable.

A car geared for the mile will run a slower 1/4 mile time/mph than a similar car geared for the 1/4 mile. If you geared Hoffmans FGT for the 1/4 mile and it can hook, Id fully believe it to be in the same range as those Vipers running 1800rwhp+ and doing 180-200mph in just the 1/4....
I dont follow vipers much but I'd love to see 1 unibody viper on radials that runs 190+mph.. Send me some links please!!!

Mike

Old 04-28-2010, 07:48 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
I dont follow vipers much but I'd love to see 1 unibody viper on radials that runs 190+mph.. Send me some links please!!!

Mike
heres one fullweight street car, 6 speed, IRS, independent suspension etc. Previous 6speed title holder. 7.9 @ 183mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g02m_x-HxbM

Another streetable Viper but I think this one is auto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPc4k...eature=related

This one is more racecar. 7.4 @ 199mph
http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=viper199.flv

Last edited by snakebitten; 04-28-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Same silver Viper at Pump Gas Drags doing 7.9@183mph on pure pump gas. Gotta love cubes with boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZymTLk2a8s

Last edited by snakebitten; 04-28-2010 at 07:57 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heffner Peformance Ford Gt 266.9 Standing mile