American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Ford GT in the house.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 PM
e46m3smg will become famous soon enoughe46m3smg will become famous soon enough
Too sexy, the GT40 is one of my dream cars, they didn't even bother to bring them to Oz. That car will not depreciate and might even appreciate in time, it's an icon and what a refresh by Ford, they did the best job from the engine to the interior to the sound. It looks menacing and gorgeous. The only car on that list I would have considered to this is the Gallardo because that's an astounding car but you made the right choice.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:45 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NastyGT500
Great shots! Car looks great!!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by e46m3smg
Too sexy, the GT40 is one of my dream cars, they didn't even bother to bring them to Oz. That car will not depreciate and might even appreciate in time, it's an icon and what a refresh by Ford, they did the best job from the engine to the interior to the sound. It looks menacing and gorgeous. The only car on that list I would have considered to this is the Gallardo because that's an astounding car but you made the right choice.
Thanks.

Eric (AtomicZ) has the Gallardo covered (and more) for our little circle of know it alls. I sniffed around a couple of Nera's, but at the end of the day, the FGT felt like a better fit for me personally.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:32 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Playing around with Photoshop:

Old 09-30-2011, 01:08 PM
DGI
DGI is on a distinguished road
Long time lurker... i finally made an account to say: WOW!

Huge Ford GT fan... huge custom garage fan... huge shelby cobra (FFR and original) fan... you sir have it all... and a Z06!

Keep her clean and enjoy

PS: pick up the Ford GT book if you dont have it already. It was on sale at the Ford Nationals this year and the authors, photographer and other owners who's cars were in the book were there signing it. (its my second favorite auto book next to Driving Ambition) A quick scan of amazon didnt show it, pm me and i can get you the authors name and book details.

DGI

Old 09-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks DGI.

If you don't mind, pls PM me that book info. I need a coffee table book for the garage.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:25 AM
DGI
DGI is on a distinguished road
Aparently since im a Newb, the forum wont let me send a PM until i reach a post count of 15...

Here is a link to the book.

http://www.svtoastore.com/servlet/the-75/Ford-GT--dsh--The/Detail

Its called "The Ford GT, The Complete Owners Experience"

Keep us posted on your ownership experience! Im especially interested in running costs if you dont mind.

DGI

PS: this one is a must as well http://www.svtoastore.com/servlet/the-3/Ford-GT--Supercar/Detail

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-04-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: active link
Old 10-01-2011, 09:05 AM
IN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on such a sweet car - truly a timeless look to it. Glad to hear you had a great experience with Elite Autos. I check their inventory every week or so looking for a new toy. Congrats again - enjoy it.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by DGI
Aparently since im a Newb, the forum wont let me send a PM until i reach a post count of 15... Here is a link to the book.

Its called "The Ford GT, The Complete Owners Experience"

Keep us posted on your ownership experience! Im especially interested in running costs if you dont mind.

DGI
Thanks much, I'll check them both out.

I will definitely post back on my experiences. Thus far, my plan is oil changes annually, cluth/brake/coolant/trans every other. She's all fresh now. Clutches are known to be long-lived, unless you try taking off briskly in 3rd

Old 10-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by IN Is-F
Congrats on such a sweet car - truly a timeless look to it. Glad to hear you had a great experience with Elite Autos. I check their inventory every week or so looking for a new toy. Congrats again - enjoy it.
Thanks much. I do the same thing. Thankfully, the snow will be flying soon. That will postphone another pickup for a while.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
fordgtforum.com

Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 AM
TopBliss is on a distinguished road
congrats!@! Amazing cars ....

Old 10-03-2011, 02:29 PM
carfreak34 is on a distinguished road
That is one amazing car! Gives me something to strive for, and makes me want to work even harder while still in college. Congrats!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by jbsteven
fordgtforum.com
I'm already there brother!

Originally Posted by TopBliss
congrats!@! Amazing cars ....
Originally Posted by carfreak34
That is one amazing car! Gives me something to strive for, and makes me want to work even harder while still in college. Congrats!
Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:30 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
If you looked up the word "jealous" on Wikipedia it would have a picture of me looking at your car! I absolutely love it! Congrats on such a beautiful car! Maybe one day!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Eric (AtomicZ) and his wife were kind enough to come out yesterday morning with Alex and I to get some rolling shots of my FGT.

Any depictions of my GT in front of Eric's Porsche GT2 are strictly for artistic purposes.

His absurdly nice GT2 is much, much faster than my pulley/tuned GT. (about 200hp at the wheels faster)

Disclaimer - Alex was riding in the back of my very bouncy lifted Rubicon trying hard not to fall out.. I think they turned out great!

Last edited by HIRISC; 10-03-2011 at 08:36 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ford GT in the house.