Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage easy to live with?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:52 PM
shnapps is on a distinguished road
Vantage easy to live with?

I'm thinking of buying a new Vantage. However, I don't live near an AM dealership. Can these cars be serviced by independent garages easily?

What has the reliability record been?

THanks!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
I have logged 5K on mine and aside form a few small service bulletein issues the car has performed flawlessly. One issue that required warranty service was the leather on the top of the dash began shrinking. My local dealer handled it in 2 days.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Rowen is on a distinguished road
What part of the leather dash was shrinking? Leather on the piece above the glovebox is raised up where the stitching is and need to take in to get fixed. Glad to hear it wasn't a big deal.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
Can you post some photos of the shrinking leather, I'd like to see what it looked like. As someone who is going to be purchasing a DB9, I want to make sure I'm looking at potential problem areas.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Rowen is on a distinguished road
Will do when I get back in town.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Mine as been as reliable as any P-car I have owned ...

Old 05-10-2008, 10:23 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
My car has been great except for belt squeak issue that the dealer finally got UK techs involved in and got it fixed. I live about 125 miles from the dealer. When I have a need, they send out there tilt bed car hauler, pick my car up and deliver it back the next day, washed of course. Awesome service.
great cars, I have been thrilled with mine.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:36 PM
rezf is on a distinguished road
Mine has been fairly reliable too, however, I do not get the service the previous poster was stating, i.e. tow-truck picking the car and delivering the next day. I do live 8 miles from the dealership, though. If I did not have a dealership in my area, I would not purchase an Aston. You can never tell if you are purchasing a "problematic" car. These problems are not limited to Aston, but across the entire auto spectrum. So, you need to have a Service Center nearby

Old 09-30-2008, 03:56 PM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
AM V8 Vantage Reliability

I have had a 2006 for 2 years and 3 months - virtually trouble free for about 9000 miles and several weekend track outings.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Mine as been as reliable as any P-car I have owned ...
Michael, what color is your vantage? Absolutely beautiful? Tungsten or meteorite?