Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

"Used" DBS Up For Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:13 PM
mikemets is on a distinguished road
There is a DBS in the LI showroom now...has a sticker around $270K I think, and was told they wanted $300K for it.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:30 PM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
there is one on ebay for $259K

Old 09-18-2008, 05:26 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Wow back to the original point. I was away last weekend in New England. A friend with a DB9 was told by his rep that there were 2-3 DBS's in the surrounding dealerships expected to come in n Oct. & Nov. that were not spoken for and that a courtesy discount for a current AM owner could be possible. I'm not sure what this means in terms of actual dollars. Has anyone else heard of the posibility of price under sticker? I kind of feel that the mark-up over pricing is over.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:51 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jaymoney
Wow back to the original point. I was away last weekend in New England. A friend with a DB9 was told by his rep that there were 2-3 DBS's in the surrounding dealerships expected to come in n Oct. & Nov. that were not spoken for and that a courtesy discount for a current AM owner could be possible. I'm not sure what this means in terms of actual dollars. Has anyone else heard of the posibility of price under sticker? I kind of feel that the mark-up over pricing is over.
If there are a few of these "sitting" on showroom floors or coming in and unspoken for, it's a certainty that you can get it for under sticker. With so few DBS to be produced, someone in the market would certainly be looking around regionally or nationally at what is out there. If you can ship a car enclosed coast-to-coast for $2000 ish, any dealer looking to move the car off their floor or out of inventory should be considered. As with any "hot" car, some dealers are often willing to hold out on their dream price in the hopes that their one savior buyer will walk through the door. Other dealers would rather make a smaller profit and move the product. All you have to do is look around and you'll almost always find both. The DBS is A-M's finest modern car, but as a lot of you owners have already mentioned, hard to justify an "extra" 100K for what it offers over the DB9. I think the cost-no-object buyers who often scoop up the latest/greatest already have one or ordered one, and the other cars will be subject to the overall decline in the sports car market that is affecting nearly everything.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:54 PM
mowblowgo is on a distinguished road
While several of the national dealerships are still asking $20-30k over sticker for a DBS, a new purchase can be made at, or slightly below MSRP. In fact, I know of one right now with about 500 miles that could be purchased for $10k under MSRP. As far as the premium of the DBS over a DB9, I think if you ask the owner/fan of the DBS they will tell you to spend the 100k, If you ask the owner/fan of the DB9, they will tell you no way. It's a GT3RS or GT3 scenario but double the money.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:31 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Up here in Canada when a F430 spider new is fetching over 300ks the DBS at 299k is a bargain to buyers like myself. As to weather the DBS is 100k better than the DB9, probably not but just by looking at the two side by side the DB9 looks like a girl's car. I have owned way too many Porsches in the past that my next sports car would definitly be something more unique. I'd give up all the performance and driving pleasures of the Pcars for something that you don't see at every stop light. One more reason Porsche is loosing me as a buyer is because their cars are less and less justifyable towards the price they are asking. I was looking to get into a 09 GT2 but the MSRP is in fcar, AM, Lcar territory which drove me away from owning yet another 911. My passion for Porsche is growing less and less as the days go on. DBS IMO is the most beautiful piece of art that is on the streets today and it is much more justified price wise than many Pcars, Fcars, and Lcars. For example when a LP640 is in the high 400ks and a 599 in close to 400ks the Aston is just that much more rare and exclusive compared with the Italians. I'm much more passionate about British cars than Italian cars. Everytime I imagine a Red 430 or a green Lcar I see a hairy chested guy in a wife beater wearing a pound and half of gold chain on his neck. The italian cars have style but 50% of the drivers are just posers who is over dosing on stereoids. That is also another reason why its less likely for me to buy a Italian stallion. Just my 0.02.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
Alan you raise a great point. Astons seem like a great buy for anyone who is unwilling to spend a premium (over MSRP or otherwise) for an F-car.

If I could get a 430/etc at MSRP I would jump on it - without the intent to flip it - I intend to drive the car myself. Unfortunately that is not possible in the states - (maybe in the coming months as the economy goes further down...) so I look elsewhere for my exotic needs.

I feel very similarly about Porsche - they have lost a lot of their appeal for me - I won't go into it here as I write about it in other threads quite often.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:23 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Both of you are right about Porsche in one sense, but their cars are still great "drivers" cars for the money. They may not be that exclusive anymore, certainly not close to a A-M, Lambo or Ferrari, but then again they don't cost as much. A 2009 911 S or C4S is a 100K car that drives great. Once you start talking about a GT-2, cost is double and you are in a different league and I'd probably agree about giving up some "performance" for exclusivity.