Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:30 PM
astonfan is on a distinguished road
Aston interior

Is it just me or is Aston's interior somewhat of a let-down in terms of equipment and technology? Granted, its all classy leather, aluminium, wood, crystal etc, but there's no keyless-go electrical system, no dual zone climate control and no central interface. These are all things that Aston's rivals have had for a while now.

I'm seriously considering an AMV8, but the above-mentioned is causing me to think twice. Why didn't Aston improve those areas when they did the interior facelift is somewhat puzzling to me, but I suppose they have their financial limitations.

Having nothing better to do, I made a quick photoshop from the present Aston interior into what I think it ought to be, with touchscreen and all. What do you guys think, and do you think Aston will ever do something like that?

Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2008, 10:39 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
That's a good question! I guess it's because they're the quintessential British luxury brand, and they have a strong heritage that centered around sleek, sexy forms and not on gadgets. I must say tho, your photoshop looks great!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by alzilla300
That's a good question! I guess it's because they're the quintessential British luxury brand, and they have a strong heritage that centered around sleek, sexy forms and not on gadgets. I must say tho, your photoshop looks great!
thanks! IMO, I was quite disgusted when AM introduced the Emotional control unit. I loved the original crystal starter (hence its inclusion in my photoshop) and I wish they had that with a keyless-go system. That would be really cool.

a brief list of things I included in that photoshop (basically things I wish will get implemented in an AM)
- keyless go with crystal starter
- touch screen central control (no more ugly pop-up sat-nav)
- dual zone climate control with individual ***** and buttons for fan speed & a bunch of re-positioned buttons.

I wonder if any of this kinda work can be done by a professional interior shop

Old 10-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by astonfan
I wonder if any of this kinda work can be done by a professional interior shop
Anything can be done, for the right price.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Moogle
Anything can be done, for the right price.
For some of it, yes I suppose so, but as for having a central computer like an iDrive installed in an Aston, that would require Aston's own engineers to handle that I would think.

btw, does the HK in your location stand for Hong Kong or Hell's Kitchen?

Old 10-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
The AM is what it is ... more performance oriented like F,L,P cars - none of them have what you are wanting. I think you are talking yourself into a SL, 6 series, or Caddy ...might be more to your satisfaction

Old 10-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Well, Lambo's have a nice easy to use screen, as well as dual zone AC, both from Audi of course.
But that's true. I was thinking more towards BMW's electronics and the touchscreen in the Maserati GT.

After all, Aston has always took pride in being a super GT, and not a hardcore racer.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:57 AM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
Hong Kong. In nyc i'm on the UES

Old 10-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Moogle
Hong Kong. In nyc i'm on the UES
cool. are you a hong kong chinese or an american?
如果你係香港人,你好嗎?

I'm a frequent visitor to HK, and absolutely love the city. The food, entertainment, movies, etc... its great

Old 10-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Centurion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by astonfan
Is it just me or is Aston's interior somewhat of a let-down in terms of equipment and technology? Granted, its all classy leather, aluminium, wood, crystal etc, but there's no keyless-go electrical system, no dual zone climate control and no central interface. These are all things that Aston's rivals have had for a while now.

I'm seriously considering an AMV8, but the above-mentioned is causing me to think twice. Why didn't Aston improve those areas when they did the interior facelift is somewhat puzzling to me, but I suppose they have their financial limitations.

Having nothing better to do, I made a quick photoshop from the present Aston interior into what I think it ought to be, with touchscreen and all. What do you guys think, and do you think Aston will ever do something like that?
I agree. When I bought my DB9, the lack of gadgets commonly available in other cars was a major turn off. Didn't stop me from ordering one though.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:00 PM
dragxpipe is on a distinguished road
Well the car was previously owned by Ford so that perhaps is part of the reason behind the underdeveloped interior. Some people attribute the plastic electronic seat controls to them as well.

Also, looking at other British cars such as Jaguar and Range Rover, in my opinion they are not much better.
At least Aston uses relatively good materials such as the crystal starter etc, just like to see perhaps more carbon or aluminum materials. Albeit classy, I think the wood trims ruin some of the interior combinations. That being said, I do enjoy the stitching and details on the N400.

Also, in my country Singapore and I believe Japan as well (confirm?) navigation is not even an option.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
I actually prefer the wood trims to be honest. I think they look more contemporary and classy. Of course, they have to be paired with the right colour combination.

I just hope they eventually overhaul the interior now they are independent.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:15 PM
rjh58 is on a distinguished road
sweet

Old 11-18-2008, 05:20 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
I agree on all fronts. I am considering one too. But no auto lights, no keyless start, no ability to read simple mp3s...wth?!?!?!?! but it is an aston. Maybe 2010 or 2011 will change.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by jyeh74
Maybe 2010 or 2011 will change.
I hope so too. I read somewhere that Aston is developing an new interior, but it will appear first on the One-77.

With equipment sharing with Mercedes on the horizon, hopefully they get their hands on some of Merc's electronic blueprints

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston interior