Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Emission System Service Required

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 04:05 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by EAP
Than you Richard, this is very helpful. I will post some pictures if they turn out OK when I do the job. Also, do you know if the NGK-NTK sensors mentioned in these postings are "plug and play" i.e. they come with the correct Aston connectors with no need to splice wires. They are less expensive than OEM.

Again, truly appreciated, thank you for your guidance.
if they are plug and play let us know where you find some at, i've only ever been able to find 1 of them on ebay for around $80-90.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Rapide2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Emission system check/ Fuel check

Hey guys. I ran my Rapide 2010 hard and next thing I know the check engine light came on. After a a minute the car didn't want to start. So I let it sit there for a few hours and it started just fine and I drove it home with the light still on. A steady amber light. Today, the second day, I read this forum and tried opening and closing od the gas tank cover (Rapide doesn't have a separate cap, it's part of the flap) no change. But after restarting a couple of time the read light turned red and I can't start up, it shuts itself off. Help!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello all, I just joined the forum as I'm a new owner to a 2009 V8V Roadster. A few days ago I was driving as usual then had the opportunity to accelerate at a very fun speed and this warning light came on. Glad to find this string and forum. I've cycled it on off and driven it about 3 times since and the light is still on. Car drives fine other than the annoyance of the warning. I will try to reset to remove the notcie and get the speedo to show.
I also emailed the dealr as the emissions system is warrantied for 8 years or 80K. My car was put in service February 2011 so it should be under warranty, will find out soon enough.
If and when my light goes off I'll post and advise how

Old 06-23-2017, 09:45 AM
My light and warning message went off. I appreciate this forum as I was ready to take the car to the tech to find out the cause and repair it. After driving it for the last 2 weeks and cycling the engine on and off somewhere between 12 and 20 times, the light went off.
I hope this helps the next individual with similar issue as this post helped me

Old 08-29-2017, 12:04 PM
john price is an unknown quantity at this point
Did they end up covering bit under warranty?

Originally Posted by Denver V8V
Hello all, I just joined the forum as I'm a new owner to a 2009 V8V Roadster. A few days ago I was driving as usual then had the opportunity to accelerate at a very fun speed and this warning light came on. Glad to find this string and forum. I've cycled it on off and driven it about 3 times since and the light is still on. Car drives fine other than the annoyance of the warning. I will try to reset to remove the notcie and get the speedo to show.
I also emailed the dealr as the emissions system is warrantied for 8 years or 80K. My car was put in service February 2011 so it should be under warranty, will find out soon enough.
If and when my light goes off I'll post and advise how
Just curious did they end up replacing the cats under warranty?

Old 09-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by john price
Just curious did they end up replacing the cats under warranty?
I never went to the dealer as the issue resolved itself

Old 09-07-2017, 11:55 PM
Jibberingloon will become famous soon enough
Is there a simple way to turn of the MIL light for EVER!

i.e if you run 200cell cats it will keep popping up!

So it there a cheat to get rid of it all together? I know it can be done on a remap, but is there a simple way of eliminating it?

Old 09-08-2017, 01:27 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You can try oxygen sensor spacers for the rear monitoring sensors. Inexpensive and they work.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:17 PM
It happened again

So in April I take the car out of winter storage and start driving on those nice days we have. Sometime in May the emissions warning light comes on again. Due to my previous experience I don't get too excited about it. Well just as I was beginning to believe that the issue was for real, the light went off today roughly two months and about 300 miles after it came on. I'm thinking that this too is another self adjustment to a change in driving habits as I've not been able to get it out and drive it hard. Most of it city driving with the occasional 20 miles or so of highway. However I did take it to a track one day in June and thought that might fix it. Anyway as of today it's all good.

This begs the question, when do you take this warning seriously?
If it returns I'll post

Old 07-27-2018, 07:00 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Guys, the OBD 2 system is set to go on if the SMALLEST anolomy occurs with the car. If you try to keep the light off every time it illuminates you will drive yourself bonkers. Best way is to buy the tool and reset it yourself if it illuminates if it bothers you. It's a losing battle. As long as the car runs fine and doesn't turn red you'll be ok. Hit the read button and forget about it. MANY times it will go off all by itself!

Old 07-28-2018, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by DonBond
Guys, the OBD 2 system is set to go on if the SMALLEST anolomy occurs with the car. If you try to keep the light off every time it illuminates you will drive yourself bonkers. Best way is to buy the tool and reset it yourself if it illuminates if it bothers you. It's a losing battle. As long as the car runs fine and doesn't turn red you'll be ok. Hit the read button and forget about it. MANY times it will go off all by itself!
So the emissions warning light turns red too? At which point it's a serious matter?

Old 08-02-2018, 07:40 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I believe he's referring to the CEL being red, not the message. I've had 4 Gaydon Astons and not a single one has ever flashed an emissions service message. I don't buy that they are sensitive to every little thing. But I've never done any mods, and these are v12s. Which with their 6 cats and 8 of sensors are more likely to flash codes than the v8.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I believe he's referring to the CEL being red, not the message. I've had 4 Gaydon Astons and not a single one has ever flashed an emissions service message. I don't buy that they are sensitive to every little thing. But I've never done any mods, and these are v12s. Which with their 6 cats and 8 of sensors are more likely to flash codes than the v8.
By CEL you mean the engine icon that lights up yellow?

Old 08-03-2018, 02:36 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DonBond
I have had the Warning Triangle on the dash turn RED. This occured along with a message to Slow Down Immediately.

Using my OBDII reader I was able to determine it was an engine fault caused by a Misfire of Cylinder number 11. At this point the electronics most likely shut down the cylinder.

I reset it by clearing the code.

See my other post for more info.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ht-came-3.html

Old 08-29-2018, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by acabrera
Well, it sure scared the crap out of me when I first saw the "Emission" message a couple of years ago but, thanks to this forum, I quickly stepped back off the ledge. I'll bet we have all saved a ton of money just talking things through with each other before getting dealer or 3rd party service.

I like it here.
Yep, same for me. My light came on first time last year and again this year. Both occasions it turned off after a while and I attribute to different driving. However it came on again about 2 weeks ago, turned off and came on so I'm taking it in tomorrow to a local tech to read the code. All said though, performance and operation was never affected when the light was on

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Emission System Service Required