Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Emission System Service Required

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Denver V8V
Yep, same for me. My light came on first time last year and again this year. Both occasions it turned off after a while and I attribute to different driving. However it came on again about 2 weeks ago, turned off and came on so I'm taking it in tomorrow to a local tech to read the code. All said though, performance and operation was never affected when the light was on
OK, so after on/off, on/off and finally on, I had enough. I took the car to my tech and replaced the evaporative fuel valve and fuel tank vent valve for which the fault codes were indicating . It's only been a week but all seems well.

However I did note something right away as I pulled away from the repair shop. It may be my imagination but after the these repairs the growl of the exhaust sounds louder. Could this be? Prior to, when just leaving a stop light at a normal speed the growl would be subdued and only get louder if I rapidly accelerated. Now the growl is there as I begin to accelerate at slow speeds.

I would like to know if anyone has experienced this or is aware of this from a technical point of view.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:28 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
If the vacuum hose came off the bypass valve it could cause the exhaust note to change like you described. Same as pulling fuse #22. Or it's just the placebo effect of something changed after it was fixed. Or the extra 10hp after the oil change.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
What does pulling fuse #22 do?

Old 11-09-2018, 03:46 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Disables the exhaust bypass valve operation, via kills power to vacuum pump. And valves default mode to open. Which is the same as if you had a vacuum line off "leak" but then you would hear the compressor running @100%.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:41 PM
branjk is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw this thread and thought it was similar to my issue, wanted to see what the forum says.
i changed my oil, followed the instructions of removing the throttle body, everything went well. However not right away, second time running the car i had an "Emission Service Required Error". i noticed that one of small tubes for throttle body came loose/off, i suspect it is a sensor. I reattached it but still have the error. Car has been turned off multiple times, even used the Foxwell 520 to find an error code w/out success. Any thoughts or experience w/ this situation, thanks.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:50 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Vantage or db9? Had the same with db9. I run the car hard for a couple of miles when she was nice and warm and code went away.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:53 PM
branjk is an unknown quantity at this point
Vantage V12S. I will try, i did take it around neighborhood but no better. It runs fine. so hopefully it is one of those British electronic glitches

Old 02-09-2022, 03:40 PM
balefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nicebalefire is just really nice

his explanation makes sense and is counter to what many suggest in this thread.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:48 PM
Import will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by branjk
Vantage V12S. I will try, i did take it around neighborhood but no better. It runs fine. so hopefully it is one of those British electronic glitches
how very dare you…I think it’s the Italians that have the electrical reputation…😂

Old 02-11-2022, 11:44 AM
acole is an unknown quantity at this point
I actually own Denver_V8V's Vantage now and I'm still chasing that emission light! I've changed the gas cap and the purge valve due to a P0442 code (small EVAP leak) and that hasn't seemed to solve the issue. I've got a smoke machine coming and hopefully that'll help me figure out what's causing it to throw the code. What is good to find out is that the fuel vent valve has been replaced recently, so that's unlikely the issue.