Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Daytime running lights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:29 AM
RHYNO is on a distinguished road
Daytime running lights?

When I import a Aston Martin Vantage into Canada from USA I will need to have daytime running lights turned on all the time with no way of turning them off. I did a search but did not find very much info on how to enable DRL's. Does anybody have any info on how much it cost's? Does a dealer have to do this?

I will also need a recall letter showing that there is no outstanding recalls on the car. Do you need to pay for a recall letter at AM dealers or do they give them out for free?

Thanks in Advance!

Old 07-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Fastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to behold
just do a hard wire for the DRL and they will come on when the car is on...
wire from lights to relay to fuse to battery or always on slot in the fuse box and triggler wire to accessories so when the car is one the lights are on

Old 07-21-2010, 11:25 AM
I just saw online that you cheap way to do the DRL mod is to super glue the switch in the on position. Is this possible in a Vantage? Not sure if I would want to do this LOL

Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 AM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RHYNO
I just saw online that you cheap way to do the DRL mod is to super glue the switch in the on position. Is this possible in a Vantage? Not sure if I would want to do this LOL

seriously?

Cheap and AM don't belong together.

If I were you I might suggest that you get all of your duck in a row before buying a car.

Specifically, getting the recall clearance letter

Old 07-21-2010, 11:51 AM
I haven't bought a car yet and I'm looking for people that can help me with information about getting the DRL mod done and recall letter!

I don't want to go to a AM dealer and just pay what ever they say so I'm looking for prices that people have paid to get the mods done or other ways to do it!

My ducks are slowly getting in line

Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Ibis 2.0T is on a distinguished road
Just went through all of this when my dad brought a Vantage to Edmonton from Montana. The dealer has to reflash the ECU to the cdn. software. This will basically give you daytime running lights and at the same time, they can switch your odometer over to km's as well as your digital speedometer. Calgary charges $1300 and includes the letter. Vancouver charges $600 I believe but then charge you an additional $500 for your letter. In the end, expect to pay that $1000-$1300. Other things to remember... you will pay GST on the purchase price, duty, gas guzzler and then will need both a federal and provincial inspection. They will fail you for the smallest issues so expect to fix or replace some items. His car with 9,000 miles wouldn't pas until he replaced all 4 tires.

Last edited by Ibis 2.0T; 07-21-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Thanks Ibis. I looked at the same car your dad bought but I decided for alittle bit more money to get a 2009 model with the bigger motor. How much was the gas guzzler tax?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Ibis 2.0T is on a distinguished road
That I don't remember?

Old 07-22-2010, 10:29 AM
I found out that AM of Long Island will do the DRL mod for $255. They get a file from the factory that cost $100 and charge 1 hour labor to install at $155.

They also said that they can't issue a recall letter, the letter has to come from the factory.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:15 AM
RGC
RGC will become famous soon enoughRGC will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RHYNO
I found out that AM of Long Island will do the DRL mod for $255. They get a file from the factory that cost $100 and charge 1 hour labor to install at $155.

They also said that they can't issue a recall letter, the letter has to come from the factory.

I know I am digging up an old thread, but wondering, RHYNO, how the process went? Any tips or recommendations? I assume that you did get a US AM......I am looking for an 07 Vantage later in the spring........
Thanks
Rob
Ontario

Old 03-22-2011, 07:43 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
The service manager at my local AM dealership gave me the documentation showing that my car had no recalls on it for .... FREE. I just had to prove I was the owner of the car.

Once you purchase the car, it might be worth asking one of the dealers for the service history of the car as well as the recall documentation.

It won't hurt to ask before offering to pay them for it.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:27 PM
ptaylor_9849 is on a distinguished road
I just sold my Mustang to a guy in Ontario. He also asked me for the same letter. I walked into the service dept at my local Ford dealer and in 15 seconds the guy handed me a printout that stated "No open service campaigns on this vehicle". Of course, you do need to supply the VIN.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:40 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Just keep the headlights switch in the "ON" position. They will turn off when the car is off, and turn on and stay on when the car is on. No need for DRLs when you have headlights on all the time.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:52 PM
blayne is on a distinguished road
I brought an 09 vantage in from the States last fall and had them do the drl. They charged around $250 but the Canadian dealers are ridiculous and will want over $1000.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:55 PM
CJ, in Canada you have to have DRL's and you can't be able to turn them off! It's much cheaper to have this done at a USA dealer then in Canada.

RGC, I did import my AM myself and had no issues (other then a bad shipping company). The US dealer did my DRL's and gave me a printout that showed "no recall's". Other then that it was really easy. Try and find one close to you so shipping is cheaper. I had another member of this board go and test drive my Vantage prior to me buying it and I also got a PPI. good luck!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Daytime running lights?