Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Door Sills Engraving

Old 03-03-2011, 08:37 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Door Sills Engraving

I am the second owner of my beautiful Aston Martin, and it came with the option for personalized door sills.

I am thinking about having the original engraving, which is printed, wiped off, then getting it engraved with myself on there.

Thoughts? I'm getting the quote this weekend.

Last edited by CJPatel; 03-03-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I like the idea - just never did it ...

Old 03-04-2011, 06:53 AM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
Nice touch....

Old 03-04-2011, 08:38 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
What does it say?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:46 PM
druid will become famous soon enough
I emailed AM about this awhile back. Never received a response from them. I'm still interested in getting mine replaced that the original owner had installed. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:44 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Your dealer should be able to take care of this for you. I inquired about it a year or so ago and the service department offered to take care of it.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:47 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
My dealer usually stocks this item, cost is $240.00 Cdn for a new Blank one & two screws.

Mine is personalized and had inquired because I wanted to take mine out of the car when I sold it.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:13 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by alevine
Your dealer should be able to take care of this for you. I inquired about it a year or so ago and the service department offered to take care of it.
For Free? I asked my dealer and they said that cost about $800, what a joke.

Originally Posted by gekko
My dealer usually stocks this item, cost is $240.00 Cdn for a new Blank one & two screws.

Mine is personalized and had inquired because I wanted to take mine out of the car when I sold it.
I have my at the local engraving shop, will see how much it costs by Thursday and let everyone know.

Its going to have to be sanded off (the current writing), then actually engraved with the same wording but with my name instead.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:03 AM
PeterW is on a distinguished road
CJ -Any update on the engraving? how does it look?

I have personalized plate as well and just ordered a pair new personalized plates from AM dealer for $480 (still overprice). I guess it's not too late to cancel if i can do the same.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I too am wondering about this ... my previous one was personalized.

If I do a new one I will either get the generic version ... or get one personalized to 007

either way, I definitely do not want previous owners name on there, its just weird haha.
________
InnocentlySexy live

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
I too am wondering about this ... my previous one was personalized.

If I do a new one I will either get the generic version ... or get one personalized to 007

either way, I definitely do not want previous owners name on there, its just weird haha.
way too weird...

Old 03-24-2011, 03:49 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
tThrifty Personalization.

-Remove your 2 OE plaques from your sills. You can use the bottoms of your OE plaques.

-Ask your local trophy store if he can match the type face and apply it to your plaques? Mine could exactly, even the color, but he had to scan in the Aston logo which I wanted on these 2 new surfaces.

-Turn the plaques over and counterbore the tapered screw holes. Do not go too deep!

- Lightly file the burrs from the perimeters of what will be your new appearance surfaces.

- Use any fine abbrasive to mimic the OE surfaces on the other side.

- Trophy engraver performs his magic. $25 to scan the logo, plus $20 for my new text, $45 total for both pieces!

- Reinstall. Apply tape to sill recesses first and you can protect the original surfaces if you desire.

Mine have been "personalized'" on my 2007 coupe for 3 years...no ills. New appearance is just as good as Gaydon.

Last edited by flinder; 03-24-2011 at 03:54 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 AM
PeterW is on a distinguished road
Dealer just called and they have my personalized plates from U.K....I guess too late for me to cancel my order...oh well.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:32 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
For reference, Aston Martin uses the "Optima" type face.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by flinder
-Remove your 2 OE plaques from your sills. You can use the bottoms of your OE plaques.

-Ask your local trophy store if he can match the type face and apply it to your plaques? Mine could exactly, even the color, but he had to scan in the Aston logo which I wanted on these 2 new surfaces.

-Turn the plaques over and counterbore the tapered screw holes. Do not go too deep!

- Lightly file the burrs from the perimeters of what will be your new appearance surfaces.

- Use any fine abbrasive to mimic the OE surfaces on the other side.

- Trophy engraver performs his magic. $25 to scan the logo, plus $20 for my new text, $45 total for both pieces!

- Reinstall. Apply tape to sill recesses first and you can protect the original surfaces if you desire.

Mine have been "personalized'" on my 2007 coupe for 3 years...no ills. New appearance is just as good as Gaydon.

Genius! I even have a trophy shop down the street from me . I just thought of an amazing idea...
________
Live Sex

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 08-24-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Door Sills Engraving