Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

- Eurocharged Custom "007" Tune for Vantage V8 -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
I had a 4.3 Vantage and it would do a good deal more than 170. I drove it to a bit over 180 or thereabouts at Virginia Raceway on a pay to race day, maybe four years ago.

And the post that started this thread reads like an ad. I've done enough projects and seen enough BS that I am cynical of anything like that. Also, I've seen a lot of engines that are revved higher than stock and the make lots of power, for a short time, before coming apart. I've had several myself. Personally, I prefer mods that add boost to increase torque, but then electronically limit it to no more than 25% above stock, with no increase in revs. This gives a flat, hefty torque curve, about 30% more power generally, great driveability, and pretty good durability to the car, too.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:54 AM
droffsite will become famous soon enough
It's not what you've witnessed that I question; that all sounds great, and I hope it stands the test of time.

It's what you haven't witnessed that concerns me: will it stand the test of time? I continue to hope Eurocharged is on to something, but a few more miles of actual use and testing is what'll make a believer out of me. Fingers crossed.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
007 - do you have any updates on the v2 tune?

Old 06-15-2011, 09:59 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
My apologies. just realized you started a new thread -Upcoming Mods v2.0 ...

Old 08-01-2011, 12:13 AM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Yes they did manage to improve throttle response a decent amount, but its not 100% cured. I found out the source of the throttle response (its hardware related), but that mod will be saved for the end. In the meanwhile, air filters should help pick up some hp, lean things out a bit more, and improve throttle response.
Before you forget, what is the source of the throttle response?

Old 09-04-2011, 01:37 PM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
Is it soon yet?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:49 PM
bump up to the top, nothing more.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Is this a mystery? Aren't the causes lack of power, too much rotating mass, and tall gearing?

Old 09-29-2011, 10:54 AM
weekly bump.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Maybe the cause in this case was hot air. Come to think of it, when it comes to cars it usually is.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
Maybe the cause in this case was hot air. Come to think of it, when it comes to cars it usually is.
I think you may be on to something Tahoe.

BTW, I've figured out the cause of and the cure for cancer. I'll tell you guys about it later . . .

Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
When's "later"?

Old 09-29-2011, 01:39 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Racer_X
I think you may be on to something Tahoe.

BTW, I've figured out the cause of and the cure for cancer. I'll tell you guys about it later . . .

Too funny! I'm tired of waiting as well! Come on, help a brother out already!

Old 01-07-2014, 01:38 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Hey guys,

It's tune time again! I am going to be dropping my car off at Eurocharged to have them develop the new "V2 tune". Here are some of the things I will be requesting:

- 7600rpm vs 7500rpm redline
- more midrange HP & TQ
- retune exhaust valves to open up at 3000 vs 3800rpm
- superior throttle response to the original v1 tune

Reason I chose 3000 Rpm instead of 2500rpm is on the hwy if I want to cruise at 75mph in 6th, rpms are roughly at 2800-2900. At around 79mph it's at 3000rpm, so on long trips it's nice to drive with the valves closed (especially when I decide to to cats).

Do you guys want any other features to be put into the tune? (Thought I would make this more interactive and allow everyone to contribute on what they want in the tune). Once again I will be the guinea pig

Let me know what you would like to see in the tune and I will see if they can/can't do it. Excited to see the new results, they stated there is still plenty of more room to make more power over the previous tune (which was already pretty huge).

More to come soon....

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 01-07-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:26 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Yes I'd like it to do 90mpg please

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: - Eurocharged Custom "007" Tune for Vantage V8 -