Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Reverie - Very Kool video of the Vantage V12 . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 03:45 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Aston Martin Reverie - Very Kool video of the Vantage V12 . . .

A very stylish commercial for the V12 . . .

http://vimeo.com/24231457

Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Cool! Thanks for posting.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:58 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Car ****. Awesome.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:35 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
that was kool

For many years Jaguar had the most stylish commercials, didn't seem to translate to sales though. Porsche has had some good ones in the last couple of years also. Will this AM spot actually run on TV? If so during what -- DWTS or Wimbledon?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:54 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
It does make you wanna upgrade.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:12 AM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Is this even an official Aston Martin video? Doesn't seem like it to me. By the way, did anyone notice that the glimpse of the face looks like Daniel Craig? Personally speaking, I don't like commercials that use CG instead of the actual car to achieve the shots. That always seems like a cop out to me. As a consumer and fan I want to see the actual product, not a video game version.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brumma
Is this even an official Aston Martin video? Doesn't seem like it to me. By the way, did anyone notice that the glimpse of the face looks like Daniel Craig? Personally speaking, I don't like commercials that use CG instead of the actual car to achieve the shots. That always seems like a cop out to me. As a consumer and fan I want to see the actual product, not a video game version.
You have a point. It seems like the badge on the trunk was not there, which may mean the car itself was computer generated.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:53 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the whole thing is CGI, but extremely well done. The traffic signs over the tunnel say "Edge City" , " Third Ave" , and"Eastbay Rd" that I can see. Edge City, I think comes from Smallville. The only thing off was the amount of body roll in traffic, looked excessive.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:22 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
I thought all Vantage V12's were manual 6 speeds? Why at 0:36 do they not show a manual brake pedal? Or has it changed on the V12?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Yes, only manual gearboxes.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:33 PM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DonL
I thought all Vantage V12's were manual 6 speeds? Why at 0:36 do they not show a manual brake pedal? Or has it changed on the V12?
Somebody screwed up.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 AM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
From what I know about this video, it was more of an art project rather than anything officially sponsored by Aston.

They where trying to showcase a very stylish commercial via CG. (unlike the bulk of format commercials you see on TV these days - bland and boring) The only live footage is the few seconds of the interior & that of the driver (who I believes owns the Aston used in filming, not a V12)