Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Cats Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by irish07
I work in a shop and the catalysts are pretty easy, takes me 15-20 mins to remove the cats..Rear muffler stays in place, remove bolts from muffler to center sections and the claps to the catalyst to center section, remove 4 torx for center section hanger, pry back muffler and remove the exhaust center section, let center section hang in place while on a lift, disconenct the o2 sensor plugs, remove the 2 10mm nuts securing heat shield to bellhousing bracket and pull heat shield away, remove 4 bolts for botton section of heat shield, remove the 3 nuts per catalyst to headers..remove both cats with the heat shield as 1 piece(you might needs an extra pair of hand for this)..remove the o2's and transfer to the same side, then reverse steps...on worst day..30-45mins..with all tools out and ready to go..15-20mins
Good directions, but I can't seem to move the exhaust rearward on my 07 Vantage and don't see where I can leverage to pry it back? Everything is loose as you can see by this photo...what am I missing? Rear muffler is off the car (changing it out) and the exhaust moves vertically a couple inches, but doesn't wants to budge to the rear. Tips? TIA

Old 11-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I can't see in the photo but did you remove the 4 bolts to the rear muffler?

Also that black cross brace that at the rear is going to get in your way of lowering the exhaust, brace has to be removed ..there are 4 bolts with 16mm heads that need to be removed to take off the brace.

If the muffler bolts are off, and the brace is removed..I just smack(my hands, no hammer) the exhaust pipes near the catalysts. There is always carbon build-up at the pipe end ball joint flare that acts like a weld..smack it loose and the pipe will just come off(you could also loosen but not remove yet the 3 nuts per catalyst to get extra slack if needed)..be advised there is usually water in the pipe from condensation so don't stay behind the pipe end when lowering or your gonna take a little shower

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, the muffler is off the car since I'm putting in an aftermarket one. I did not remove the black cross brace - so that has to be what is holding me up. OK! Back out in the garage to give that one a go.

Getting wet is the least of my concerns - lol.

MOST APPRECIATED. I've been stuck and not making any progress on it. Thank you.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
irish is the best.....I was only able to do my cat install with his direction. I tried to return the favor by posting a detailed how to with pictures.

Thank you for your valued input and help irish

Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Frans96sss is on a distinguished road
www.RaceProvenMotorsports.com is also pretty close to you just for future.