Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage mobile handsfree mic volume low?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 PM
DB72011 is on a distinguished road
Vantage mobile handsfree mic volume low?

Guys, seems when I am speaking the microphone is at quite a low level, to the point that I basically need to scream so I can be heard. I have the volume control at full blast, can hear the person on the other line ok, but seems they can't hear me properly. Is there a fix for this?

Old 01-17-2012, 09:36 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Replacement of the microphone, have seen this several times. I have just replaced the microphone and has far has I know it worked. Have not had any customers back with that same concern. There is also a bullentin on relocation of the mic, but that depends on the car.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:15 PM
veijones is on a distinguished road
hands-free mic '06 Vantage

I have the same issue with the mic in my '06 Vantage V8. I connect my Android phone via blue tooth to the car. I had the map light cover off the other day and saw that the mic is a two-wire simple thing that would be easy to replace and not too bad to relocate. I don't think the stock location is that bad and wonder how much difference relocating would really make. I'm looking for an OEM source on mics and intend to try a fairly high-end one and will post my results. I wonder if it's the mic or the signal processing that makes the difference ...

Old 01-26-2012, 12:06 AM
meteoritesilver is on a distinguished road
mic

Hi. I have this problem too. Where can I get a high quality replacement please?

Old 06-12-2012, 07:40 AM
davchip is on a distinguished road
any progress?

I have a similar problem in my 2010 V8 Vantage and was wondering if there was a suggested mic upgrade - thanks

Old 06-18-2012, 06:40 PM
dehnert is on a distinguished road
Same problem with my 08 Vantage. I'd be more than willing to spring a few $$ on a quality replacement mic.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 AM
LotusJPS is on a distinguished road
Does the Vantage use the same mic for the audio system? Sometimes when I use the hands free the mic seems to work great and others people can't hear me at all. I wonder because I also have issues with the audio system (B&O) with the speed/volume control and auto eq not always working.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
On DB9 Up to VIN A09110 and V8 Vantage Up to VIN D07649, there is a SB to relocate the mic to the A-Post area of the headliner..kit comes with a longer mic cord to relocate..my opinion is it looks hidious..

After those VIN's you can still fit the mic, just your interior color won't match..The original location isn't great(hense Aston relocated to the headliner on newer models...what I have done when replacing the mic doesn't help, I gut the mic casing and relocate to the left side of the trimming behind the mirror(near the sunvisor billet mount), I cover the mic circuit board in felt tape that matches the interior color..mic is now if a good clear patch to pick up voice..again though this is a last resort if the new mic doesn't solve the concern..

Old 07-04-2016, 10:57 AM
adnanm3 can only hope to improve
hate to bump up an old thread, but I too am experiencing this issue. I would like to replace the OEM microphone with an aftermarket one and have no problem doing it myself. Any ideas on a good aftermarket mic system that I can purchase? I am thinking of mounting it up on my driver side A pillar

Old 07-04-2016, 01:11 PM
adnanm3 can only hope to improve
Just relocated the stock speaker to a location right in front of where I sit..so far so good. I tested it with positive results thus far.
I still wouldn't mind upgrading the mic itself if anyone has a good lead.