Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Fabspeed gets ahold of a V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Fabspeed gets ahold of a V8 Vantage

A shop in Baltimore we work very closely with (No Limit B-More) sent us another car we do not currently offer parts for... a 2007Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

When the car was dropped off it was clear this was no "normal" Aston Martin. Besides the wheels (which are on their way out), the car was outfitted with a carbon fiber Veilside Widebody kit (the same one on the Bentley GT-Speed No Limit sent us before this car).

Initial plans for this car was a simple quad tip setup to work with the Veilside rear bumper, once the car was in the air we couldnt stop there! The primary cats on the car were BEGGING to be replaced with higher flowing HJS units and the rest of the piping wanted to be a little bit bigger and more efficent.

Here are the pictures I have so far along with the plans, if anyone wants more information on the parts please do not hesitate to post or PM me.

widebody

veilside

and how she sounds now:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fabspe...02115449234664

Old 01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Simply awful.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
... which part? The carbon fiber widebody kit or the one off exhaust? The wheels are being changed out for carbon fiber ones.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 AM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I assume the awful comment is referring to the body kit. Different people like different think but I agree the body kit looks dreadful. Other than the sound (which I liked) I cannot comment on the exhaust as the picture are of the stock exhaust.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:23 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Wheels have got to go hands down. Kit looks like something out of mansory catalogue.
, but I will ignore both these issues.

However, on a positive note David, I am so glad to see you will be developing parts as well for the V8 vantages. You are correct in that the stock primary/secondary hybrid cats are junk and need to be replaced. You are also even more correct that the optimal location for an x-pipe is in the mid-section. The closer the x-pipe is to the headers, the better the scavenging effects. It also means that people who do not have the RPI exhaust can now have an x-pipe with their current exhaust setup, which will help smoothen and quiet down the exhaust a tad bit more (compared to an exhaust system with no crossover at all.)

Also, more products means more competitions which means better lower pricing for consumers, thats ALWAYS a good thing!!

Curious to see what you come up with, and at what price

Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Good work. Interesting to see something new. Everyone has their own taste so be it.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:24 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I agree with the others the styling on the car is just downright awful...its an Aston not a boy racer japanese import, okay for a supra, gtr, or honda but sooo out of place here. Astons are about subtle beauty, grace, refinement, it's the gentleman's supercar...gaudy body kits, non functional carbon bits, and to much excess cladding or over the top add one just ruin what the basis for what Aston Martin represent and that for which the marque stands.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by sunir
I agree with the others the styling on the car is just downright awful...its an Aston not a boy racer japanese import, okay for a supra, gtr, or honda but sooo out of place here. Astons are about subtle beauty, grace, refinement, it's the gentleman's supercar...gaudy body kits, non functional carbon bits, and to much excess cladding or over the top add one just ruin what the basis for what Aston Martin represent and that for which the marque stands.
those are all opinions, and they are yours. I respect what you think and how you feel about this car because I believe everyone should be able to voice their opinion. With that being said, I think repeating what multiple other members have said about parts of the car they dislike is counter-productive. The nice thing about cars and aftermarket support is that there are options to suit every taste under the sun! Clearly we will not be seeing a Veilside kit on your 996 .

Some may hate this car, the owner obviously loves it (and I must say, pictures do this body kit no justice... it is very nice in person). I bet the owner of this car doesnt think much of cup influenced cars with suspension that leaves you needing an alignment and a roll bar that leaves the seats unable to recline (or buckets that do not recline at all) as a car you drive on the street (i am not talking about anyones car in particular) I like GT2/3's like that and I also like this Aston Martin. I do not sell wheels and body kits, I sell exhausts and custom fabrication work... which is why I stared this thread; to highlight our fab work and a new product offerings.

to put the concerns of multiple members to rest, the wheels were temporary and the styling is what the owner wanted. It matches his Bentley GT-Speed perfectly. with all of that said... SHES DONE!

we ended up doing HJS sport cats, x-pipe and tips. the car picked up 14hp on our Dynojet and sounded MEAN. Enjoy the pics!

we started with this:

and used this:

to get this:

ended up with this:

to replace this:

and the final product is this!:

PM or email me for interest in purchasing any of the products..

Old 02-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by David@Fabspeed

It needs more black.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 AM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Looking at that makes me feel a bit nauseous.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:06 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
It needs more black.
I believe the technical term is "Murdered out"

Old 02-06-2012, 02:15 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
X-pipe looks great! I am confused though as the pics show stock cats. Does the 14HP apply to just the X-pipe or the X-pipe combined with cats?

If you could provide the dyno charts I would like to see what the gains are in the mid range for the X-pipe.

Also, most importantly of all ... estimated price?

Old 02-06-2012, 02:40 PM
astonboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Poor car, that has to expose itself so badly pimped! Pimp Ferraris, Porsches and all that stuff but hands off Aston Martin!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:53 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ not even Porsche and Ferrari... kits should be left to the japenese import scene, it's part of that car culture. Part of what it means to be JDM, to live that hello kitty and tricked out Asian import tuner lifestyle.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
X-pipe looks great! I am confused though as the pics show stock cats. Does the 14HP apply to just the X-pipe or the X-pipe combined with cats?

If you could provide the dyno charts I would like to see what the gains are in the mid range for the X-pipe.

Also, most importantly of all ... estimated price?

the car came with an aftermarket muffler so unfortunately I couldnt get a dyno of the car bone stock, but here is a graph showing muffler alone then muffler and x-pipe and then muffler/x-pipe/cats

I will pm you introductory pricing now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed gets ahold of a V8 Vantage