Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone here ever visit Gaydon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:44 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Anyone here ever visit Gaydon?

I'm toying with the idea. How far is it from London? Any tips or suggestions?

Old 03-21-2012, 02:09 AM
UKRacer will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Yes - I was there last week - send me a PM and I will try and answer your questions.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Depends on where in "London"
It can take a few hours to get across on it's own
Gaydon is about 1 hours drive NW of London
They do regular tours BUT they book up VERY quick
There is a group of ~20 of us going in April
That was booked up in January
There is also a very interesting British Motoring Museum there as well.
A good day out for a petrol head

Last edited by mikey k; 03-21-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:29 AM
HenryM is on a distinguished road
I visited Gaydon in May of 2008 after I bought my 2007 V8 Vantage. You'll need to get your dealer to put you in touch with Gaydon to schedule a tour. Since I'm an American from Chicago I flew over to Heathrow, took the Undergound into London and stayed at the Landmark Hotel which is really nice although a tad pricey. I chose it because it is directly across the street from Marleybone station where you can catch a train to Leamington Spa, the closest stop to Gaydon. The Gaydon tour coordinator recommended a car service that picked me up at Leamington Spa and took me to the factory. He returned me to Leamington Spa for my train ride to London.

The tour was very good and when I went I was the only customer with the tour guide. I highly recommend visiting.

Henry

Old 03-21-2012, 05:06 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by UKRacer
Yes - I was there last week - send me a PM and I will try and answer your questions.
What day? I was there last Wednesday.

Was a great day, I thoroughly recommend it if you get the chance. We had the factory tour, heard and sat in a One-77, looked over the new Zagato.

I was interested in a new vantage convertible with sportshift 2. They offered me a drive in a 4.7 vantage hardtop with manual gearbox. Despite it having red seats it drove exactly like the 4.7 vantage hardtop with manual gearbox that I'd just driven for 3 hours to get there. That was a waste of time. I offered their driver a run in mine with fuse 22 removed, so he could hear how it should sound

They also let me have a drive in a DBS, which I'd wanted to drive for years. It felt like a big lazy vantage, that torque converter auto makes it feel soft and gentle, nothing like the vantage which kicks hard as soon as you put your foot down. Confirmed to me that the Vantage is the right car to have.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:44 PM
marvls is on a distinguished road
Same experience this summer as HenryM, although I was already in London for another reason.
Minor details:
Train ride to Leamington Spa from Marlybone is about 1.5 hours. Easy trip.
British Heritage Museum well worth the stop. They are around the corner (sort of).
There is a Land Rover Off Road Experience at the museum. Great fun.
Fridays the factory closes early so try to get an early appointment for your tour.
I also got a private tour (no group) by appointment through the dealer.
Well worth the trip!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:30 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I would love to do this tour and visit the factory... Already did the european delivery whole experience w BMW in Munich ... That was a blast and a great program, also want to do nordshlieffe and porsche and mercedes factory and museum visits in Stuttgart. But next time in the uk def want to visit the Aston martin factory!

Old 03-26-2012, 04:27 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by UKRacer
I sent you a PM. Thanks for the offer.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:13 AM
UKRacer will become famous soon enough
Scott -
I'm having trouble with the private messaging again -
I don't know if you have finalised your plans yet - but I visited the Gaydon again last Friday but this time I also visited the Heritage Museum next door to the factory http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/ - it was very interesting (your sons would probably find it so) and it had the added bonus of having the prototype V12 Vantage on display just as you walk in

All the best on your trip
Jim

Attached Images  
Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Scott -

Sent you a PM.

Here's a older link with my Factory Tour experience: to get your juices going.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/208103-aston-martin-factory-tour-gaydon-uk.html#post2805376

Definitely recommend, you'll have a great time!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.