Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin DBS market value

Old 07-25-2012, 07:51 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
They are identical. DB9 and DBS are the same car.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:53 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by plastique999
Can someone comment om the rear "seats" of the DBS and compare to the DB9?
seems the DB9 seats are more "comfortable"...will the DBS rear seats accommodate a child's booster seat?
chassis wise DB9 and DBS are the same. When it comes to the rear seat, DBS has shelving storage areas and DB9 has very small rear seats which are practically unusable, aside for storage as well or throwing a small bag back there,. they are there for insurance purposes, however when the front seats are back they are right up against the rear seat bottoms. If you want rear seats go for a Rapide. I am not sure about child's booster but I don't think Vantage, DBS, or DB9 are fits for that sorta thing...

Old 07-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
If you want rear seats, which are still too small, go for a Rapide.
Edited that for you.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:27 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Talked to the dealer...looks like a lot of the 2009 models came with two storage type parcel shelves in the rear, not for seating. There is the option of designed true seats with seat belts, but of course they are quite small.

Last edited by plastique999; 07-26-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:51 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
DBS has a 2+0 option (rear parcel shelves) or 2+2 (same rear seat configuration as DB9).

Old 07-27-2012, 07:19 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Well it looks like I may have to keep the DB9 option open, but I really wish it could squeeze more power out of the V12.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:43 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Well it looks like I may have to keep the DB9 option open, but I really wish it could squeeze more power out of the V12.
don't worry you can...headers and a tune is all you need, maybe an exhaust but that's more for sound. RSC and Bamford Rose both have solutions., the only thing different about DBS is tune and less baffled back box. Otherwise same engine exactly.

I expereinced DBS and my car back to back and honestly there was not that much difference...most of the difference is in the style and bodykit and some cf bits...if you get the DB9 with manual gearbox and sport package it's much closer to the DBS then you might think...and that's a good thing as these options add more sports car edge to the DB9

Old 07-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by sunir
don't worry you can...headers and a tune is all you need, maybe an exhaust but that's more for sound. RSC and Bamford Rose both have solutions., the only thing different about DBS is tune and less baffled back box. Otherwise same engine exactly.

I expereinced DBS and my car back to back and honestly there was not that much difference...most of the difference is in the style and bodykit and some cf bits...if you get the DB9 with manual gearbox and sport package it's much closer to the DBS then you might think...and that's a good thing as these options add more sports car edge to the DB9
With headers and tune, how much more power can you add to the 470 base?

Old 07-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
No idea as to any tunes that are out there, but headers and sport cats add almost 50 bhp.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:42 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
With headers and tune, how much more power can you add to the 470 base?
Headers would cost you at least $12K plus another few $K for install. Not remotely worth it IMO.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
No idea as to any tunes that are out there, but headers and sport cats add almost 50 bhp.
Power wise this may be the way to go ... Bumping the 470 to 520 would be faster than a DBS for a $15k upgrade and definitely cheaper overall...have to rethink this.
On the other hand, I suppose you could add headers to the DBS as well and attain even more power from the 510 hp

Old 07-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Headers would cost you at least $12K plus another few $K for install. Not remotely worth it IMO.
Bamford Rose is offering headers and cats installed for around $10k. BR aren't in the U.S. yet, but I believe they are still planning on coming over. IMO, it's worth it if you really want the additional power.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:21 AM
dareupgang is on a distinguished road
I'm no where in the position to purchase DBS but i think its awesome value for money I was surprised when I saw a couple in the 130k region. When you think about the other great sport cars from exotic brands, for 130k that is F430 money. I'm not comparing the cars but to think those are in the same price range wow

Old 08-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by dareupgang
I'm no where in the position to purchase DBS but i think its awesome value for money I was surprised when I saw a couple in the 130k region. When you think about the other great sport cars from exotic brands, for 130k that is F430 money. I'm not comparing the cars but to think those are in the same price range wow
You've seen some for 130k?? Where?
Agreed, I bought my 430 Spider in the 140k region as well....but they are very different cars, and thus I need to add the DBS to my stable (keeping the 430).

There is a DBS that I've found around 140k and I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger....I'll keep you guys up to date.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough
It seems like market asking prices for 2009 DBS' with about 10K on the odometer are about $155K. While some ask higher, these cars stay on the market for many months indicating they are priced too high.

I think you could probably get a 2009 with 10K on it for high $130's about now. There is a large difference between the ask and the transaction values.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin DBS market value