Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin DBS market value

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 08:18 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Haha sounds like you're talking yourself into getting two cars! I'll throw in some more to confuse you if you want a beater. Get a Lotus Elise for $25k! It gets great gas mileage and is the most fun DD car I have ever owned...though not always the most practical. (But still no I wouldn't drive it into Ktown).

I guess it's the purpose of the car. You have two opposite ends of the spectrum with an electric vs an Aston. The Aston is a car that I'd be anxious to drive vs an electric. Plus how can you deny yourself of a beautiful exhaust note (compared to no exhaust note).

Btw, if you are referring to the DBS in Newport Beach, I think $147k for a car with 22k miles is high.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by plastique999
Get a Lotus Elise for $25k!
Okay, come clean. You're getting some sort of commission for each Lotus that's sold.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^^ Forget the DBS, with all those Lotus commision checks he'll be able to get the new Vanquish and still have money left over!!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:03 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Okay, come clean. You're getting some sort of commission for each Lotus that's sold.
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^^ Forget the DBS, with all those Lotus commision checks he'll be able to get the new Vanquish and still have money left over!!
I know guys right?
My passion is with Lotus, and racing LotusCupUSA has made me appreciate the cars and what they can do. I really do miss a street Lotus though.

But practically speaking for a fun DD I still yearn for the DBS.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:22 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
I love the Elise, but it's one dimensional. Also, it's a toy. And the Tesla is a defective Elise.

The DBS is a great daily driver. It's low but not so low that you're scraping the carbon fiber at the gas station. It gets to operating temp pretty quickly and get decent mileage for a V12, so at 12mpg I call it green. It's better looking than almost every other car ever made, and yet it's comfortable, has a great stereo (if you have the B&O), and a spectacular exhaust note (especially with a titanium Quicksilver).

Old 08-11-2012, 05:36 AM
franki68 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MikeD
I love the Elise, but it's one dimensional. Also, it's a toy. And the Tesla is a defective Elise.

The DBS is a great daily driver. It's low but not so low that you're scraping the carbon fiber at the gas station. It gets to operating temp pretty quickly and get decent mileage for a V12, so at 12mpg I call it green. It's better looking than almost every other car ever made, and yet it's comfortable, has a great stereo (if you have the B&O), and a spectacular exhaust note (especially with a titanium Quicksilver).

the premium stereo they did before the B& O system was sublime as well,Alpine I think,in fact many I know who have had both prefer the alpine system over the b& o one .
Wonderful cars anyway ,loving mine.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by franki68
the premium stereo they did before the B& O system was sublime as well,Alpine I think,in fact many I know who have had both prefer the alpine system over the b& o one .
What year? Any issues with your DBS?
Anything to pass on to future buyers?

Old 08-12-2012, 03:31 PM
986_c6 is on a distinguished road
I am all ears also with Franki68's ownership experience.

I am biased also, but how can anyone not think of the corvettes as a great dd:
looks great, sounds great, 26 mpg on highway for my Z06, great value, the largest trunk of any sports car out there (besides the trunk/frunk combos of the Boxsters/Caymans).

Old 08-12-2012, 04:04 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 986_c6

I am biased also, but how can anyone not think of the corvettes as a great dd:
looks great, sounds great, 26 mpg on highway for my Z06, great value, the largest trunk of any sports car out there (besides the trunk/frunk combos of the Boxsters/Caymans).
It is good value for the power, handling and gas mileage, but it sure does have a craptastic interior. It is so bad, that I sold mine. Couldn't stand to be inside, having to touch all that cheap and nasty rubber.

You spend all your time inside your car...the interior needs to be special. Otherwise it's just another car.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:06 PM
jmorod is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by franki68
The Alpine stereo blows away the old Linn in the DB9. No need for quicksilver...just pull out fuse and you're in heaven.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
It is good value for the power, handling and gas mileage, but it sure does have a craptastic interior. It is so bad, that I sold mine. Couldn't stand to be inside, having to touch all that cheap and nasty rubber.

You spend all your time inside your car...the interior needs to be special. Otherwise it's just another car.
Stop touching everything. Its complete keyless. The only thing you need to touch is the steering wheel, the start button, and the buttons to open and close the door.

Hmm, great to drive, reliable, convenient, tremendous performance, and half the price of a Vantage. And you want more. If you don't want to pay through the nose, you have to give up something. If all you care about is the interior and are willing to give up everything else, there's plenty of choices.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:57 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
Stop touching everything. Its complete keyless. The only thing you need to touch is the steering wheel, the start button, and the buttons to open and close the door.

Hmm, great to drive, reliable, convenient, tremendous performance, and half the price of a Vantage. And you want more. If you don't want to pay through the nose, you have to give up something. If all you care about is the interior and are willing to give up everything else, there's plenty of choices.
I did want more. That's why I bought a DB9.. performance and a fabulous interior.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Just a tad bit of a price difference.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:19 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
As an FYI -

For those looking into a used DBS, my local AM dealership recently had one into their shop to check on some engine noises and clutch noises. Apparently the owner just purchased this car from a dealership in Southern California and the car is out of warranty. Anyhow, after working with the UK trying to diagnose the noises and working with the dealership in Southern California to try and resolve payment, the decision was made to refund the owner the purchase price and ship the car back to Southern California. So, if any of you come across a quantum silver (i think) DBS with a dark tan interior and with less than 10K miles or so and being sold out of a shop in Southern California, beware!

The car really does look immaculate from the outside and the interior is gorgeous as well, although some of the leather trim is starting to peel.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
20C4S

You think an Aston's build quality and overall feel aren't worthy of the price, or even half the price... Seems you have a C4S. Unless it's a 993 -- actually, even if it is (I have a 993) -- your comment is hysterical.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin DBS market value