Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

200 Cell Cats Dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:52 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
200 Cell Cats Dyno

Before: RSC Filters, QuickSilver SuperSports
After: RSC Filters, QuickSilver SuperSports, RSC Cats

The installation and dynos were done within 2 hours yesterday. Temperature low 90s. On Dyno Dynamics. I will let charts speak for itself.

My version of dyno results taken on my crappy phone. Apologies on the poor image quality.

Attached Images   
Old 07-31-2012, 02:58 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the version of the chart from the dyno shop.

Attached Images  
Old 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Those are great gains and consistent with what I saw when added to a car that already had exhaust and filters.

Interesting that the HP gains really started at 4k....mine were 15/20hp at low RPMs as well.

What did it do to the AFR?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:23 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
On the 4.3L the cams start opening up around 4k rpm so that makes perfect sense. Those gains are fantastic, that has to be the highest gains yet from Hifh Flow Cats mod. 20hp @ peak and almost 30ft lbs in the mid range. Excellent job string the dyno done on dyno dynamics and forwarding the results to us! Much appreciated!

Congrats

P.s. I too would like to see the AFR chart before vs after , see if the shop can forward you a digital version of that chart as well.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
This make the most sense to me as this is what I "felt" after my Larini cats installation.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Great gains! Did you notice any difference in heat being given off under the car after you made the change? Also did you get any testing done to see what gains the teh filters/exhaust combo may have provided?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Here's the AFR chart.

Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
This make the most sense to me as this is what I "felt" after my Larini cats installation.
I think your "virtual dyno" is quite on the spot!

Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
Great gains! Did you notice any difference in heat being given off under the car after you made the change? Also did you get any testing done to see what gains the teh filters/exhaust combo may have provided?
So far, I didn't feel any additional heat coming from under the car. Sorry, no dyno on pure stock vs post filters/exhaust. But I will try to dyno on future mods.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
My God! Please call Eurocharged and get your ECU tuned immediately lol. Your car is running absurdly rich haha. You should be running 12.5 across which is exactly the middle point on the chart. You have at least another 25+ HP to unlock from the ECU tune alone

Old 08-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
My God! Please call Eurocharged and get your ECU tuned immediately lol. Your car is running absurdly rich haha. You should be running 12.5 across which is exactly the middle point on the chart. You have at least another 25+ HP to unlock from the ECU tune alone
My shop offered me "free" AFR adjustment but I haven't decided. Probably a couple hours of labor I think.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:58 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
I agree with 007 here. My car put up some pretty big dyno numbers pre/post cats that some have questioned but the AFR on mine now holds steady at 12 from 4500 on. My 4.3 with power pack ecu, cats, exhaust and filters.

After speaking with a few dyno shops and forum members, leaning out the AFR makes a huge difference to power and I would not doubt that 25+ is on the table. .

Old 08-01-2012, 11:47 PM
I agree on leaning out AFR too. Just still not sure which ECU tune to go with.

DetomasoGTS74 - are you considering another ECU tune on top of the power pack?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Usually the gains from AFR adjustment alone going from 10.x to 12.5 is about 13hp, the rest is from timing changes and etc. the total gain is anywhere from 25-32hp for a top quality custom dyno tune.

You definitely have a great baseline starting at 323hp, I wouldn't be shocked if you put out over 350 at the wheels with a Eurocharged tune or equivalent. That puts you well into 4.7 vantageS territory. Not bad for a "tiny" 4.3er

Old 08-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Banned
sabrinadaisy is on a distinguished road
Huge difference!

Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Usually the gains from AFR adjustment alone going from 10.x to 12.5 is about 13hp, the rest is from timing changes and etc. the total gain is anywhere from 25-32hp for a top quality custom dyno tune.

You definitely have a great baseline starting at 323hp, I wouldn't be shocked if you put out over 350 at the wheels with a Eurocharged tune or equivalent. That puts you well into 4.7 vantageS territory. Not bad for a "tiny" 4.3er
With respect, I don't believe that a 27BHP gain is achievable on a V8 Vantage from ECU tuning alone, especially in the case where sports cats have already been fitted. As has been noted, fitting high flow cats does provide a slight leaning out of the mixture, as does (to a lesser extent) the exhaust and performance intakes. Even starting with a bone stock car... I agree with your figures, I think 12-13hp is achievable through fuel trim from the starting point, but on the V8V I would expect to see about 2.5HP per degree of timing advance. Mapping the car onto 93 Octane you really shouldn't bump spark by more than about 3 degrees. So 20BHP, is achievable, maybe a just touch more, but I think 27BHP is pushing it. At that point you're probably running leaner than I would like to see (personally, everyone has a different opinion, fair enough.)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 200 Cell Cats Dyno