Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Things that Work : Car Care Products

Old 01-14-2013, 12:21 PM
BeachZone is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JWHDB9
The important thing here is that sealants or waxes don't give a superb shine. It's the condition of the paint underneath. It's surprising how many people wax a dull finish or one with swirl marks and aren't happy with the results.
You are correct... to an extent. The majority of the shine comes from the finish itself, although waxes & sealants do play a part in enhancing the look of a finish.
I wasn't aware that "breeze" wanted paint correction... It sounded as though he may just want "protection" thus the advice given in that regard.

-Beach

Old 01-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BeachZone
I wasn't aware that "breeze" wanted paint correction... It sounded as though he may just want "protection" thus the advice given in that regard.

-Beach
You are correct. just looking into protection not correction

Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 PM
JWHDB9 is on a distinguished road
You are correct... to an extent. The majority of the shine comes from the finish itself, although waxes & sealants do play a part in enhancing the look of a finish.

-Beach
I didn't mean that as a recommendation for the OP. It was just a general observation. Also a look at what an outstanding detailer can do.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Got car detailed by a very nice gentlemen and this is his process
All hand rub no machines as he didn't want to risk my ventureshield.

1-Initial wash with Meguiar’s® Shampoo Plus lubricating formula and luxurious foam.

2- apply one coat of ; Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

3- Apply one coat of Presta VOC Compliant finish wax.

3.1 Apply one coat of Meguiars #34 Final Inspection.

4. Clean rims with Meguiar’s® Shampoo.

4.1 Apply one coat of Presta VOC Compliant finish wax.

5-widow and windshield are treated with Rain‑X® Original Glass Treatment

6- Shampoo interior with Johnson Shampoo.

6.1 Apply Meguiarís Quik Interior Detailer.

7- Apply one coat of Meguiarís NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire coating to tires.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Any opinions ???

Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 AM
After seeing this post... I doubt this guy REALLY knows what he is talking about...
First of all NXT Tech Wax 2.0 is a Meguiars product that can be purchased at any autozone across the country. I am not knocking Meguiars products because I use many of their professional series line but this by no means is a special product in any sense. Also below is a qoute from one of your previous posts:
"After seeing the car he said that he like to wash the car hand applied Meguiars brazilian wax and then Meguiars sealer."

This confuses me quite a lot because in what order is he going to be applying the wax and sealer? Sealants should be applied first and then topped with a wax if you desire... So that is wrong and makes me question his knowledge on detailing.

NXT Tech Wax 2.0 is actually a misleading title because it is a synthetic sealant NOT a wax. This makes me question his knowledge and experience once again!

What are your thoughts?!?

-Beach
Thats what he did. what do u think ?

-Initial wash with Meguiar’s® Shampoo Plus

2- apply one coat of ; Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

3- Apply one coat of Presta VOC Compliant finish wax.

3.1 Apply one coat of Meguiars #34 Final Inspection.

4. Clean rims with Meguiar’s® Shampoo.

4.1 Apply one coat of Presta VOC Compliant finish wax.

5-widow and windshield are treated with Rain‑X® Original Glass Treatment

6- Shampoo interior with Johnson Shampoo.

6.1 Apply Meguiarís Quik Interior Detailer.

7- Apply one coat of Meguiarís NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire coating to tires.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Breezman
Any opinions ???
Yes. He missed the most important step: paint correction. As stated above, this is more important than wax or sealant. This cannot be done by hand successfully; it requires a machine polisher. And his plan to save the clear shield by hand application also shows he isn't the real deal: clear shields can easily be machine polished and this will generally give better results than anything you can do by hand.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by spinecho
Yes. He missed the most important step: paint correction. As stated above, this is more important than wax or sealant. This cannot be done by hand successfully; it requires a machine polisher. And his plan to save the clear shield by hand application also shows he isn't the real deal: clear shields can easily be machine polished and this will generally give better results than anything you can do by hand.
Thank you for the input.

How will you do paint correction with a clear bra?
Check this out

http://satt-concoursautodetail.blogs...rvices-is.html

Last edited by Breezman; 01-16-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:12 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Is the entire car covered in a clear bra? Hopefully the paint was corrected before the bra was applied... once in place, the bra can also be polished as stated above.

Is the link for the guy who detailed your car? Pretty pictures and a whole lot of words but a bit short on specifics. Still, if he's been in business since the 1980's (?) that says something.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Is the entire car covered in a clear bra? Hopefully the paint was corrected before the bra was applied... once in place, the bra can also be polished as stated above.

Is the link for the guy who detailed your car? Pretty pictures and a whole lot of words but a bit short on specifics. Still, if he's been in business since the 1980's (?) that says something.
The Bra was applied at the dealer before i brought the car home. and yes this is my detail guy. i think he did a good job..

The only different in the process is that he used Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer and not #Meguiars 34 as a finish.
I do think the paint under the bra is not optimal but too late for that now

Old 01-17-2013, 04:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ he is using regular store bought items it seems, also most pros use some sort of machine be it a random orbital or a dual headed cyclo or something. Paint correction is one of the big things a pro can offer, aside from that the regular items are generally for hobbyist and enthusiasts (or upkeep from a detail) and there is nothing wrong with them per se but most detailers use proffesional grade products.

You can clean and protect clearbra. I use the Opti-seal product, but a non-abrasive hand glaze followed by a wax (if you need) works well. Clear bra can also be clayed like a normal painted surface. I also recommend paind correction prior to applicaion of any clear film product.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ I also recommend paind correction prior to applicaion of any clear film product.
Too late for that, unless i want to go thru removing it, detailing it and re doing the Bra.( Maybe I should )

Does anyone know a Detailer in my area that i don't have to do research on their products and second guess them. It will be nice to actualy hire a pro. I don't want to sound like a snob but it seems that the ones i spoke to here are mediocare at best. I had enough of mediocracy!!! where are the true pros ?
Someone speak up, please.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Go to http://autopia.org. You can search and/or ask there, unless someone here knows your area and can give a recommendation.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Go to http://autopia.org. You can search and/or ask there, unless someone here knows your area and can give a recommendation.
There was nothing there in my area.. thank you though

Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 PM
What will be a good way to maintain between details?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Things that Work : Car Care Products