Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

need advise please.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
need advise please.

Hi Guys ,
I just got rid of my 997 and now I'm leaning toward for Vantage.

I saw one 07 Vantage with 11k mile local for 60k
I test drove today and I love it. Super clean like brand new 1 owner car.

would this be a ok deal ?

I have never own or know anything about AM so ... I'm kinda lost about market price.

Please just tell me if it's high/low or just good deal bad deal.
Please do not try to teach me life story like "oh it depends on how happy you are" or it depends how much you can afford to pay blah blah...

I just need straight opinion from people who has purchased one or in a market for this deal.

Thank you appreciate your time.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 AM
slipperyvantage is on a distinguished road
I'd say that is an excellent price if the miles are accurate, and the condition is as you describe. But, at that price, there's got to be something..... Accident on the carfax....Is the car a bizarre color?

Last edited by slipperyvantage; 01-28-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 AM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by slipperyvantage
I'd say that is an excellent price if the miles are accurate, and the condition is as you describe. But, at that price, there's got to be something..... Accident on the carfax....Is the car a bizarre color?
Oh from what you said , it seem like it is too cheap to be real then ??

Hmm I'm gonna look in to carfax and stuff.

thank you. Hey seem like we are local neighbor.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
vantage

From what I've seen in the market lately, that car should be in the $70k - $74k range if as clean as described.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 AM
CobaltC4S is on a distinguished road
Did you negotiate down to 60K or the asking price is 60K?

If the asking price is 60K, It is a slightly low figure for the mileage (given everything is mint)... But at the same time, I've seen 07's for mid 60's.

Get a proper PPI done in a case like this!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
It could be a motivated seller. I would say the price is within the current range. For sure, get as much information on the car as you can.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Options are important on the car as well. I have a 2007 Vantage with all the goodies on it (5,500 miles) and I'd be looking to sell for around $ 70K if it were on the market - which its not. However, if it were a bare bones car, then many thousands less on the resale. Have photos to post of the one you are interested in?

Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Malibu101481 is on a distinguished road
That seller has to be pretty desperate to get rid of the car if they are asking 60K, I'd do a proper inspection. Then again I remember someone on here saying they paid 55K for an 07 (not sure if that was true though)

For an 07, you should be paying anywhere from 63K-74K depending on the region, seller and options, I paid in that area for mine with 16K miles.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:35 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I think $60K is the right price for the car regardless of the color. Remember there are tons of 2007 V8 Vantages out there just looking for a home. A motivated private seller (or a dealer who has had the vehicle in inventory for a while) will discount the vehicle accordingly. Unless the car had an airbag deployment, I'd go for it. Make sure it's been recently serviced though.... and if not, have it serviced right away by an Aston dealer.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:11 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
So far you have received excellent advice on what to look for. Now try to take it to Aston-Martin Marin, to have a Pre-purchase inspection. Also, they can enter the VIN and check service records for you. Options are important, and it was common for that car to have up to $15,000+ Options added. For example, HID lights, Cruise Control, Upgraded Stereo, Satellite Radio, Navigation, Heated Seats, etc. Also you may want to make sure it was a "Non-smoker".

Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I went to the dealer 2 months ago just to see what the trade in value of my car was. I have a 2007, all options, with ~13,000 miles. Dealer trade was $66k. I thought that was fair. They have a few 2007's on the lot for $73k-79k. $60k seems really low.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Coxy-jr is on a distinguished road
Is it Yellow?

Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 PM
copelandcf is on a distinguished road
If you are interested in a 2011 V12 Vantage I have one for sale, Carbon Black, 1100 miles, only asking $149.5K obo. Pretty good deal considering everything. Just food for thought. Pics at v12vantage.shutterfly.com

Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Coxy-jr
Is it Yellow?
Thanks everyone !
I start to like community here more than 997 section for some reason.

Appreciated all help. Will see what happen

Old 02-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Can you post more details on the colour, service history, spec, number of owners etc and I'm sure you'll get more input. As mentioned by the other guys these cars are spec/ mileage/history sensitive. the Vantage will make a refreshing change from your 997 (which is a great car) so I think you will enjoy an Aston.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need advise please.