Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage SP10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:55 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Vantage SP10

http://www.autogespot.com/aston-mart...e-vantage-sp10

Looks like a Vantage S with 6spd, an extra 6bhp and a beautiful Ceramic Grey Metallic color. Wish the sport seats were offered in the US.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	606.5 KB
ID:	210719  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I wish the car was offered in the US.....

Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
elude, just caught the "stay classy" in your avatar and had to check back to confirm that you are in San Diego. Classic!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Racer_X
elude, just caught the "stay classy" in your avatar and had to check back to confirm that you are in San Diego. Classic!

Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
So it's an S with a touch more power and some really cool seats?

Don't get me wrong, I'll be thrilled just stepping up to an S in a couple of years (when elude sells me his), but what's the point of such a wee tweak? Feels like the Virage; nice car and all, but the variation doesn't seem to justify the production.

Given the treatment of the Rapide, I'm both excited for and terrified by the inevitable release of an all new Vantage one day.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:49 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Same hp.....it's 436 'cause it's DIN hp as opposed to SAE hp.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:45 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RossL
I wish the car was offered in the US.....
It is!
It is just an S with a manual box (now an option) and a recently introduced colour
No light weight seats for you guys though (been available here for years)
The 6HP is a red herring, the output in BHP is unchanged at 430BHP it is 436PS

The linked site above has a few other things wrong as well.
It is EU only excluding the UK
V8V has always had a manual option, this is the EU launch of the manual S
Its no based on the GT4 it is "inspired" by the GT4 but based on the S
The light weight seats are an option

AM Press Release

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/news?n...6-9c82cf84eea6

Old 02-13-2013, 09:29 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
In what way is this "inspired" any more so than any other Vantage? The seats?

Just seems dumb. I'd prefer that the offer the S with a manual option and call it a day. I suppose they are taking a page from Porsche's 911 book and trying to offer dozens of variants of the same damn car.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:26 AM
jonby is on a distinguished road
Frankly, I wouldn't even see it as a variant. It's simply an options pack - there is absolutely nothing new whatsoever apart from the name - as mikey says, everything on SP10 is available on current V8S

As such, I have no problem with it - it's simply not a new car though

The one thing I have noticed is the price. It's difficult being a UK buyer to be sure, but the euro price sounds quite keen so I wonder if it represents particularly good value for someone who wants lightweight seats, the 'option wheel' and ceramic grey. For instance depending upon the model of Aston, ceramic grey is normally either a £2,500 or £3,500 option (it was 2.5k on my V12VR but I think it's 3.5k on the V8 vantages)

Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 AM
dehnert is on a distinguished road
The seats are nice looking, but I wan that steering wheel. I love the feel of an Alcantara steering wheel. If it was just a bit thicker it would be perfect!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
The Lightweight seats are an option, they aren't standard on the SP10.
What you get "extra" is...

Manual Gearbox (which is NOT an option on the standard S, this is still Sportshift II only)

Ceramic Grey Paint, (Titan Grey roof on Roadster) black calipers and black/ diamond-turned wheels.

An engine plaque.

Extra Alcantara on the coupe (seat centres and wheel etc)

Additional equipment as standard - sat-nav and Premium audio.

Otherwise it is as per the standard S

Old 02-13-2013, 11:36 AM
If the goal is to sell to people who want a Vantage but with some extra goodness, I suggest they offer an "elude" variant. All of his mods, plus a 3 pedal option, cool seats, nifty interior details and some extra hp from RSC cats and ECU work. THAT would be a worthy variant.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Grant3
Manual Gearbox (which is NOT an option on the standard S, this is still Sportshift II only)
Grant I'd normally defer to your great knowledge on this one.
I challenged it on here a few months back and was promptly pointed at a red S coupe for sale at AM DC which was a manual
You and I both know what AM are like with model updates, I suspect they have just not officially released it (like me and the Garmin etc on my S)
Now they have put it on the SP10 I'd guess you we will see it as an "official" option soon

Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Mikey, you know your stuff and I agree with you that the manual will no doubt become available as an option, so good advice from you.

At the moment the official line is that the manual isn't available beyond the SP10 ( unless you want to pay for a bespoke build) no doubt to protect the higher list price in the UK, but as you say if the order is there along with the ££'s then no doubt you could be swapping cogs yourself on an S

Old 02-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikey k
Grant I'd normally defer to your great knowledge on this one.
I challenged it on here a few months back and was promptly pointed at a red S coupe for sale at AM DC which was a manual
You and I both know what AM are like with model updates, I suspect they have just not officially released it (like me and the Garmin etc on my S)
Now they have put it on the SP10 I'd guess you we will see it as an "official" option soon
This was discussed here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ntage-s-2.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vantage SP10