Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Used Aston Martin Vantage (2006 or 2007) or NEW 2014 Corvette?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 04:28 PM
blue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really nice
I don't think there's much basis for comparison as they're entirely different cars.

Realistically, I'd look at a used 911 or new Cayman/Boxster as a contender for the new Corvette. They're a little bit happier as daily drivers, and maintenance costs wouldn't be as unpredictable as a 7 year old Vantage.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:07 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RossL
You forgot the 2nd half of the equation IF OWNER > 50YRS OLD THEN C7
Ouch! Actually, I believe Rolex got it right.....

Old 09-03-2013, 07:21 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Jay Leno reviewed the new C7:

Old 09-03-2013, 07:43 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
i would get the aston (which has already had its biggest hit of depreciation) then in a year or so sell it and get a pre-owned vet, let someone else take the hit of buying it brand new

Old 09-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
After spending an afternoon driving the Stingray on a track, the only way to describe it is "incredible".

Giving up my 09 Vantage for it has become a definite possibility.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:23 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
Well, I'm >60 and owned the Z06 and DBS. If your passion is the track, get the Vette, if you don't mind stares and love beauty, it's AM.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:39 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
There were two new Corvettes at Cars and Coffee this weekend. The agreement from my pals (and myself): Probably a wonderful car if you just want to go fast, but it looks cheap both inside and out when compared to the better iron in the parking lot (Astons, Ferraris , Lambos, Jags, etc). So the question becomes what do YOU want out of the car? If its total performance then go Corvette. If its the art of a handmade car with fine components and adequate performance, then the Aston. Personally there is no way I'd take the Vette over a Vantage, but that's just me.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Aerome is on a distinguished road
Different Worlds

How many people own Corvettes? How many people own Aston Martins? Swim with the school or make a difference. Your choice.

Incidentally, look before you leap onto a first year Corvette style. Let them work the bugs out of them.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 AM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
The new Vette is such an amazing car for the price. They are going to sell a ton of them! If I lived in a warmer climate I would have one as a DD for sure.

Last edited by dan87951; 10-01-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drcollie
There were two new Corvettes at Cars and Coffee this weekend. The agreement from my pals (and myself): Probably a wonderful car if you just want to go fast, but it looks cheap both inside and out when compared to the better iron in the parking lot (Astons, Ferraris , Lambos, Jags, etc). So the question becomes what do YOU want out of the car? If its total performance then go Corvette. If its the art of a handmade car with fine components and adequate performance, then the Aston. Personally there is no way I'd take the Vette over a Vantage, but that's just me.
Which interior did they have? I've seen all of them and the top of the line one is not bad at all. Its not Aston (but then again, neither is Ferrari) but its pretty decent.

And its definitely not just for performance. Its rides smoother, gets better gas mileage, has more space, keyless entry, heads-up display, and on and on.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely understand what the Aston gives and love the car, which is why its a tough call. I really would like to have both, but I would need another garage, not to mention the cost. Plus, I'm really thinking about trying to get on a track at least once a month, which I don't think is a good idea to do with the Aston. Thus its a tough decision.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Aerome
How many people own Corvettes? How many people own Aston Martins? Swim with the school or make a difference. Your choice.

Incidentally, look before you leap onto a first year Corvette style. Let them work the bugs out of them.
I had a first year C5 and a first year C6. The only "first-year issue" I had was a noisy fuel pump on the C5 which it took them a few months have a fix for. Then again, I didn't have cars with really low serial numbers, they were in the 5000 to 8000 range.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:34 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Even though these cars are similar in layout etc, they were created for entirely different reasons.

Each car puts its energy and money into different places. Each car has been created for an entirely experience. Each car has made opposite trade offs. One excels in an area the other does not. Largely because they have different priorities.

I don't really see how they are a substitution for one another. Each car is in its own right a great choice, but they are different choices.

--

The Vette is the girl next door, who on the right night looks almost like a super model. She is a lot of fun and doesn't cost a fortune to take out. Plus she is up for everything.

The Aston Martin Vantage (I had a V8 and currently have a V12) on the other hand IS an actual super model, and while she is pretty easy to live with, she does like to be treated nice and she never goes out in sweats so you have to be careful where you go with her.

She lights up every room, people treat her nicely and think YOU did alright to get her. That's a good thing because her coffee is imported and there's only one guy in town who can cut her hair.

She's too much work, she's no better in bed, but she will age well, she makes you feel important and she listens to everything you say.

-- if you are a woman or gay, change the character --

Ohh, and the Aston is a fantastic road car and a THING to covet. The money has been put into the experience more so than the numbers.

The Vette is a performance marvel. The money has been put into the numbers more so than the experience.

Last edited by black penguin; 10-02-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:59 PM
So that just confirms my wish to have both.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
just saw the new corvettes

I'm about a month down on the order list - just incase the new vette was too good to pass up. I saw a few last night at the dealership. While the electronics are cool, we look at screens all day in my business so cool screens are not a huge deal. I thought the black interiors were very dark inside and seemed over abundant in plastic. The dark tan interior on a red car was a huge improvement, but still looked cheap compared to the admittedly old school Aston. The wheels look cheap compared to the Aston, but wheels can be easily changed out. I'm fighting a nasty head cold so I did not want to drive one, but would like to see how the mag shocks seem. I had a CTS-V and the ride and handling was magnificent, it should be also a standard on all Astons today, those mag shocks. The styling was busy, not elegant, and what really struck me was the car seemed huge compared to the Vantage, like DB9 size. Maybe it's not so big actually but it looked to me to be huge. Its only 4 inches longer but seemed like a big car.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:44 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Name:  resizes58photo.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  222.5 KB
I also have a vette....its a little older. I think they got the kinks out by now! Get what you enjoy and enjoy whet you get!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Used Aston Martin Vantage (2006 or 2007) or NEW 2014 Corvette?