Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin SRS reset help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 04:38 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Anyone know what model year, model, engine, etc. of Volvo the SRS unit on the Vantage comes from?

Old 12-04-2013, 07:44 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Anyone know what model year, model, engine, etc. of Volvo the SRS unit on the Vantage comes from?
Didn't the OP say something about using XC90 path in the scan tool or some such? I've read that the Nav uses XC90 discs, so that maybe makes sense that XC90 is the base for these cars? How about 2005 XC90 as a starting point.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Tried a bunch of XC90 variants and none have worked so far. It keeps telling me to check my cable connection and make sure the ignition is ON. Just wondering: does the SRS system share the same diagnostic port (ALDL) as the OBD II? On my Esprit, the ABS/SRS port is separate from the OBD I.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:40 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I am under the impression that the SRS is accessed via the body plug as opposed to the powertrain plug.

I went ahead and ordered an Autel EU702 as posted above, and hopefully that will allow access to the SRS. If not, then the OP posted a bunch of hooey.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Question is, where is the body plug on our cars? On the Esprit, they are side-by-side.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Question is, where is the body plug on our cars? On the Esprit, they are side-by-side.
Don't know on yours, but on mine there is one on each side of the console, to the side of the footwell light. It's a mirror image arrangement, left and right.

The OBD is on the driver's side and the body plug is on the passenger's side.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Don't know on yours, but on mine there is one on each side of the console, to the side of the footwell light. It's a mirror image arrangement, left and right.

Have you actually seen it where you say it is? Because if you're going by the diagram from the manuals (attached below); it is very misleading. What the diagram is trying to convey is that both ports are always on the driver's side (be it a LHD or RHD car) but the Body port is the inboard port (closest to center console) and the Engine one is the outboard one. There is no diagnostic port in the passenger footwell. What a horrible diagram!

Both connectors are side-by-side (like on my Esprit) but the body port had a rubber dust cover on it which concealed it when I first went looking for it.

Anyway, plugged in my scan tool to the body port, configured it for an XC90, and blasted away the pesky DTCs. No more messages or warning lights on my instrument panel. Yay!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Diagnostic Ports.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	308099  
Old 12-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Have you actually seen it where you say it is? Because if you're going by the diagram from the manuals (attached below); it is very misleading. What the diagram is trying to convey is that both ports are always on the driver's side (be it a LHD or RHD car) but the Body port is the inboard port (closest to center console) and the Engine one is the outboard one. There is no diagnostic port in the passenger footwell. What a horrible diagram!

Both connectors are side-by-side (like on my Esprit) but the body port had a rubber dust cover on it which concealed it when I first went looking for it.

Anyway, plugged in my scan tool to the body port, configured it for an XC90, and blasted away the pesky DTCs. No more messages or warning lights on my instrument panel. Yay!
Great that you've cleared the SRS codes. Soon as my Autel 702 shows up, I hope I'll be able to do the same. Been living with the SRS light since June...

And, my plugs are indeed in the left and right foot wells as I've described. Engine on the left and body on the right. AM must have made a change at one point to place the plugs on either side of the console so as to prevent confusion, with the engine one always on the driver's side, LHD or RHD.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Hmm. The AMDS comes with a diagnostic Y-cable which they claim makes it more convenient by eliminating the need to swap a single plug back and forth between both ports. The thing is that the dual-plug end of the cable doesn't look long enough to reach both ports if they are in opposite footwells.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:46 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner

Isn't your Aston a DB9? The ports on my 07 Vantage are as Karl describes; both under the drivers side. Model differences could be causing the apparent confusion?

Old 12-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Don, no confusion. We are aware we have different cars. However, seeing as there is so much part sharing (especially in the interior bits) between the DB9/S and Vantage models, I just found it surprising that Aston would have chosen a different location for the ports on both cars.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
2008(2007.5) was a model change on the Body port location due to C.A.R.B..indie shops would get it confused and plug into the body port and scan for a emissions test, car would fail with them saying "tampering of PCM, diagnosic not enabled" ..So CARB made it official for vehicles to but only the Powertrain connector port on the vehicles drivers side and any other ports else where in the vehicle..So this is the reason on pre-2007.5 there is 2 ports on the drivers side(Body always closest to console) and on 2007.5+ with have PCM port on drivers and Body on passenger....C.A.R.B then changed again for 2013 and not PCM connector needs to be within something like 12 inchs of drivers door, so on drivers side the PCM port has been moved to the left, same type of location just moved to the complete left for N.A.S vehicles..body connector is unchanged, unless it's a new Vanquish then Body is a mirror imagine of the new PCM location(one connector 12in from LH door and other connector 12in from RH door)..Hehe...aaaaand on the new V12VS which systems are now all Bosch so still 2 connector ports like in the 2013 locations just only the drivers side port is used for everything even at dealer(even for Body comms), if a scanner or even dealer tool is plugged into the passenger port then vehicles CAN network will crash..

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-05-2013, 07:35 AM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
Karl-Franz,

Does the Autel 702 provide and convenient way to cleat the maintenance reminder?

Old 12-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't have a 702. I have the 619. But I'm pretty sure neither of them have the option to clear the service light. Of course, you don't really need a scan tool to do that anyway.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Ok, finally got my Autel EU702 from China...

It cleared my SRS light using the Volvo - XC90 - SRS path on the tool, plugged into the body port connector. It also cleared my CEL on my DB7 on that car's power train connector, using the OBD menu path on the tool. Excellent result!

Was $110 plus shipping. Took about 2 weeks to get it. So a cheap solution to the SRS issues...no need for a trip to the dealer's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin SRS reset help