Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin SRS reset help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 06:31 AM
Irish08 is on a distinguished road
great to hear it worked, by the way what does CEL stand for.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Irish08
great to hear it worked, by the way what does CEL stand for.
CEL= Check Engine Light

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-24-2013, 07:02 AM
ASMstam is on a distinguished road
Cel

Hi
thanks, should have got this one. I changed my ID from Irish08 to avoid confusion, in addition I could never emulate the knowledge of Irish07.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:08 AM
ASMstam is on a distinguished road
Aston Martin fan

Hi,
I had trouble with my fan not coming on when it reaches temp. Put 12V on it and eliminated the electric fan as an issue. I then looked at the 2 fuses F3 and there is a 60amp one on the bottom of the fuse panel. Tested both of these and both tested fine. I checked out the temp sensor close to the oil filter and it was fine.
Eventually traced it back to the 60amp fuse that had a fine crack in it. When I pushed down on it the circuit would break. Anyhow. Does anyone know when you can get one that fits exactly. I bought one from autozone that I have forced to fit but it not perfect.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:02 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Awesome, gonna order the 702, my SRS also just popped up. Once you cleared it does it ever come back? Or is this one of this notorious one time gremlins our Astons just have?

Old 06-04-2014, 10:25 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
Just to make sure. is this the 702 tool to get for scanning? Or is something else better?

Amazon.com: Autel Maxidiag Eu702 Code Scanner Reader: Automotive Amazon.com: Autel Maxidiag Eu702 Code Scanner Reader: Automotive

Old 06-04-2014, 02:29 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by zvez
Just to make sure. is this the 702 tool to get for scanning? Or is something else better?

Amazon.com: Autel Maxidiag Eu702 Code Scanner Reader: Automotive
The Autel 702 scanner is the one I purchased last year to try and diagnose my SRS problem. It read the offending code, but it is set up for RHD vehicles; so driver = passenger for LHD vehicles. I was looking in the wrong place to try and correct my problem.

Please see Post #14:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tire-swap.html

I was unable to update any of the software for the 702 once I received it, as it is apparently a discontinued model and no longer supported by the manufacturer. It works, but you won't be able to add any additional model years to those it already has preloaded. I tried both the US and the UK sites without success.
There may be other scanners out there now that are better, but the 702 does work on earlier Vantages and is relatively inexpensive compared to a trip to the dealer. Caveat emptor...

Old 06-04-2014, 03:13 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
Thanks for the great info Don!

Chris

Originally Posted by DonL
The Autel 702 scanner is the one I purchased last year to try and diagnose my SRS problem. It read the offending code, but it is set up for RHD vehicles; so driver = passenger for LHD vehicles. I was looking in the wrong place to try and correct my problem.

Please see Post #14:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tire-swap.html

I was unable to update any of the software for the 702 once I received it, as it is apparently a discontinued model and no longer supported by the manufacturer. It works, but you won't be able to add any additional model years to those it already has preloaded. I tried both the US and the UK sites without success.
There may be other scanners out there now that are better, but the 702 does work on earlier Vantages and is relatively inexpensive compared to a trip to the dealer. Caveat emptor...

Old 06-16-2014, 05:48 PM
RichKnox is on a distinguished road
Do you happen to know if there is a path for the ABS/DSC also? I have a christmas tree...

Old 06-16-2014, 07:01 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Do not buy the Autel 702... Buy the Autel 802!!

I did a lot of research and Autel 802 (All systems) is a full functional OBD and major systems tool, the MD802 combines all four: 701, 702, 703, 704.

On too of that the Autel 802 has a larger color LCD screen that is backlit and much easier to read. Furthermore the MD 802 reads all cars from 1996-2014 where as the 702 only reads a limited number of years. In addition, the 802 covers the American domestics, which means you can use the 802 to gain full access to all the Ford Engine ECUs.

I played around with mine today and you can literally read over 50 different engine parameters from the tool. You can also tap into any live sensor and record the graphical read outs and store it on a 4GB SD which was included.

I didn't want to buy a whole new reader just for he Aston SRS, I also wanted something I could use on all my AMGs and etc, for that reason it made sense to spend a little bit more and go all out and get the one tool that will replace all my others.

Cost me $280 shipped off ebay, but worth every single penny. Best part it ships from California not Asia so I got it in 3-4 business days. Also, the ebay seller selling it had a much higher user rating where as the 702 sellers had ebay ratings of only 95.4% (pretty bad for ebay).

I highly recommend getting the 802, you will definitely be much happier you did

Old 06-17-2014, 05:56 AM
RichKnox is on a distinguished road
I have an Autel MaxiDAS D708 and a Snap On Solus Ultra, I am going to try both of them this morning.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:20 PM
708 will definitely be able to, it's also 4x the price, the 802 has most of the functionality of the 708 but without the cool 9" LCD form factor that the 708 has.

FYI, for the Body OBD plug I use either Volvo S60, or XC90. For the engine OBD I use Ford Mustang 5.4L 2007-2010.

Hope that helps

Old 08-23-2016, 11:23 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
I bought the Autel 802 tool for resetting codes and it works on the O2 sensor however on the chassis plug it sees the fault but will not clear.

I know some folks use the Autel tools configured for Volvo. What model, year, engine and trans do you use for the Aston? Right now it comes back with cannot support at the moment.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by boxercupdave
I bought the Autel 802 tool for resetting codes and it works on the O2 sensor however on the chassis plug it sees the fault but will not clear.

I know some folks use the Autel tools configured for Volvo. What model, year, engine and trans do you use for the Aston? Right now it comes back with cannot support at the moment.

It works, just read all prior post and you will see, info is already there. use port on PS foot well, select scan (not OBD2 on Autel), select car then scan what you want. If needed update software on yout tool form autel website but do it on separate SD card. As some cars it will be old software and some will need new software

Old 08-24-2016, 02:28 PM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
OK went and took another look today and setup for the following Vehicle
year range: 2006 ->
vehicle partner group: North America
Model: XC90
Year: 2007
Engine: B52s4TS
Transmission: AW50

Ran the chassis diagnostic and under SRS I got the code CFFF. The tool cannot clear this code and displays The selected function is not available at this moment.

Based on reading some Volvo forums the CFFF code appears to be resistance for the passenger seat. Someone also mentioned this issue. I also noticed the car was slow to start indicating a bad battery. So my next step is a new battery and then see if this clears or do more trouble shooting on the wiring/connectors.

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin SRS reset help