Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin SRS reset help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:10 PM
Irish08 is on a distinguished road
Aston Martin SRS reset help

Hi,
Been following your treads. 1st time I have reached out for help and used the website ( very interesting and exceptionall helpful ) . My 2007 AM vantage had an altercation with a post recently ( an expensive excursion ) and I am repairing it myself. Nearly finished and trying to reset the srs with my obd II tool but its not reading any codes. From reading your previous treads maybe you can help. Is there a cheap/reasonable obd II I can buy that will allow me to cancel the airbag light. I didn't have to replace any airbags and presume it has to do with the seatbelt tensioner. One other thought is that the 2 crash sensors on the front bonnet/ hood latch cross member are not fixed yet. I have connected but not bolted to the panel yet ( can't figure out their right location. Would they be the cause.
Any help our guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Ta

Old 10-31-2013, 10:14 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Most prosumer OBD2 readers are not designed to clear anything in the airbag system, you may need a specific device to clear those in the AM.

I know on my BMW's if you cycled the key any time a circuit was open in the airbag system, it would set a fault code that could not be easily cleared. Could be why you set a code?

Old 11-01-2013, 04:26 AM
Here is what I have tried to far.
1: disconnected the battery
2: disconnected and cleaned harness socket/ plug for the seatbelt/ airbag under the seat.
3: OBD scanner to look at code fault - but not allowing me to see or erase any faults. ( interesting the body obd socket reads no fault codes but the engine body socket won't connect ) the scanner that I have is an Actron cp9135

Old 11-24-2013, 07:29 AM
frankgtb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Irish08
Here is what I have tried to far.
1: disconnected the battery
2: disconnected and cleaned harness socket/ plug for the seatbelt/ airbag under the seat.
3: OBD scanner to look at code fault - but not allowing me to see or erase any faults. ( interesting the body obd socket reads no fault codes but the engine body socket won't connect ) the scanner that I have is an Actron cp9135
there are generic emissions obd codes that all code readers can read/see and erase and then there are manufacture specific obd codes that only specialized(much more expensive) scan tools can read and erase.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:02 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Dude!
Your car was in an accident, and now the airbag/SRS warning light is on. You need to get whatever fault code exists properly diagnosed by an AM dealer and any necessary faulty parts replaced. If not, please remind me never to buy or ride in your car.......

FF

Old 12-01-2013, 06:44 AM
Srs reset

Figures it out. Splashed out for a OBD2 tool that can read srs codes ( Autel 702 ) which is for European models. It doesn't have the AM on the list but by following previous treads I used the volvo path to an XC90 and was able to pick up the error. Which was the crash sensor on the front that I had replaced. I reset the error code and now back in action .

Old 12-01-2013, 04:27 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Figures it out. Splashed out for a OBD2 tool that can read srs codes ( Autel 702 ) which is for European models. It doesn't have the AM on the list but by following previous treads I used the volvo path to an XC90 and was able to pick up the error. Which was the crash sensor on the front that I had replaced. I reset the error code and now back in action .
Where did you buy the MD702? They seem to all come from China if you want a good price. I need to reset the airbag light on my car.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Yes got it from China ( actually Hong Kong ). Ordered it Sunday and arrived Friday. Paid $110 and $25 postage.

AUTEL MAXIDIAG EU702 SRS European CODE SCANNER Diagnose

Old 12-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Yes got it from China ( actually Hong Kong ). Ordered it Sunday and arrived Friday. Paid $110 and $25 postage.

AUTEL MAXIDIAG EU702 SRS European CODE SCANNER Diagnose
Ur lucky it cleared, but it is a Volvo system..did ur airbags go off?

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 PM
srs reset

thankfully not, was not sitting in the seats just to be sure.
have another question for you. My rad fan wont come on when i forced the engine to over heat to check out the replacement fan i bought. I put 12 volts on it and can make it run so presume it is not the fans. Checked fuse 3 and 35 ( thanks for your previous tread ). they are ok. what else do you think i should look at. is there an engine sensor - looks like there are 2 close to the oil filter.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:04 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Irish08, I think you need to change your username to avoid confusion. There can only be one irish0-anything on this list.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Irish08, I think you need to change your username to avoid confusion. There can only be one irish0-anything on this list.
Actually even confused me..thought I wrote something and forgot about it

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
thankfully not, was not sitting in the seats just to be sure.
have another question for you. My rad fan wont come on when i forced the engine to over heat to check out the replacement fan i bought. I put 12 volts on it and can make it run so presume it is not the fans. Checked fuse 3 and 35 ( thanks for your previous tread ). they are ok. what else do you think i should look at. is there an engine sensor - looks like there are 2 close to the oil filter.
For those 2 sensors, They are for oil pressure..the Coolant temp sensor is attahced the the cooalnt manifold, which is under the throttle body.

The fans are powered up and contorled by the fan module. If you can power up the fans, I would then diagnose the module. With an aftermarket scanner I'm not sure what you could really see other than the generic codes..When I have a vehicle with the fans gone or module gone, I get codes stored once fans are attempted to be run...if you can start the car, turn the A/C on, does 1 of the fan cycle on?

BTW: if you forced an overheat, there will be codes as well for this, was there any stored codes that your scanner picked up?

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-02-2013, 09:26 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
+1

Absolutely.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:16 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Change would be appreciated for sure!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin SRS reset help