Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin SRS reset help

Old 08-07-2018, 02:59 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
It will read the codes and clear if the fault isn't present. I have the 619 and it works well. Just need to make sure you use the passenger side diagnostic port. Use Volvo USA to start scan/clear.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:12 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by J doubleU
It will read the codes and clear if the fault isn't present. I have the 619 and it works well. Just need to make sure you use the passenger side diagnostic port. Use Volvo USA to start scan/clear.
where is that? i thought the one under the ignition is the one you use, no??

Old 08-07-2018, 04:44 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
can my cheapo obdII reader read the "other" obdII -like plug in on the "passenger side" so maybe it can clear codes too? where is it located if it is worth a try?

are you guys also saying the module could be bad ( SRS) and that needs $1200 to replace? and , even if i dont care about airbags, is it impossible to turn off the warning if the module is bad. i already had the sting of the window modules being bad. that cost me about $1500 when i first got the car.. since then, nothing else but a battery change has happened to the car.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:21 PM
i just got the 619 and there is no VOLVO USA option, only european VOLVO. it asks for VINs, models, etc what do you do to proceed? there are two ports under steering column.. are you talking about he passenger side of the two, or is there actually a diagnostic port on the actual passenger side?

Old 08-15-2018, 02:56 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Use the closest one to the console (RH one) Just use Volvo then.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:02 PM
It will ask for USA spec. I usually use 2006 MY and enter any engine/transmission it displays because you are only interested in Brake (ABS) and Airbag (SRS) modules.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Have you actually seen it where you say it is? Because if you're going by the diagram from the manuals (attached below); it is very misleading. What the diagram is trying to convey is that both ports are always on the driver's side (be it a LHD or RHD car) but the Body port is the inboard port (closest to center console) and the Engine one is the outboard one. There is no diagnostic port in the passenger footwell. What a horrible diagram!

Both connectors are side-by-side (like on my Esprit) but the body port had a rubber dust cover on it which concealed it when I first went looking for it.

Anyway, plugged in my scan tool to the body port, configured it for an XC90, and blasted away the pesky DTCs. No more messages or warning lights on my instrument panel. Yay!
You said you had a 619, thats why i bought it. but its not allowing me to clear them. i use the XC90 volvo, it goes to the SRS clearing codes option (several options like see codes CFFF is what it showed) and i select "clear codes" and then it says make sure DTC are cleared. i used another tool that clears them, and none were present. stilll i cant get the SRS warning to clear!! UGGG. do i need the 702?? is the 619 the wrong tool?

thanks!

Old 08-15-2018, 03:08 PM
It will ask for USA spec. I usually use 2006 MY and enter any engine/transmission it displays because you are only interested in Brake (ABS) and Airbag (SRS) modules.
yes, i got the right port now. closest to the center console (body port)

I only selected the XC90 , i didnt see a USA version. was there one? i also selected the 2006 year... and picked the first engine and it filled in the engine. UGGGG what am i doing wrong??

Old 08-15-2018, 03:14 PM
If its reading a CFFF as a code your SRS module is likely bad.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:17 PM
If its reading a CFFF as a code your SRS module is likely bad.
great! you mean that module can just go "bad"? i cant clear the code? now what am i looking at.. a $1000 billl ? can you change the module yourself? uUGGGGGGG

Old 08-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Yes, remove the module and send it to a repair place that services SRS modules, There is a Thread on here where someone has done it and it worked for less then $200.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Yes, remove the module and send it to a repair place that services SRS modules, There is a Thread on here where someone has done it and it worked for less then $200.
is this the module.. i found one that was from a donor car.... used. worth $200?

Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster #1014 SRS Airbag Control Unit Sensor 30795181

Old 08-15-2018, 03:31 PM
where is this little module located on the car?

Old 10-26-2018, 05:30 PM
can you find me that link for the SRS repair company? should i just buy a used one on ebay? (if there are some available)

thanks! im sick of hitting the read button to get my MPH on the dash to appear! AND i dont like red warning lights

Old 10-26-2018, 05:35 PM
is this the part?

06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage #1002 Main SRS Airbag Control Unit Sensor 30795181

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin SRS reset help