Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin SRS reset help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 05:42 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Unless a waning lamp and message is annoying, and you can and drive it too.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:47 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
so i can drive it without the module?

Old 12-20-2018, 07:42 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
It's your car, do as you wish. When an airbag fault is present (warning is on) SRS system is disabled. If you crash no deployment will happen. If there is no module connection, same principle. Just don't crash!

Old 02-27-2019, 05:10 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
OK everyone so updates!

Removed module, which was a pain in the ***. Had issues taking out the center console but did.

Send to a place in Riverside that resets volvo modules. They said they couldnt read it. Sent to myairbag place, and they said the same thing, its corrupt.

Bought a new module from AP Velocity (thank you btw, you guys are really the best!!) for $500 shipped.

Installed it my self which literally took me 15 minutes and put everything back (its easy once you get it).

Towed car to dealer today, and they programmed without issue! They checked everything else and even programmed the mirror close on lock (which i lost when i replaced battery).

They said car is perfect and checked out everything else and its good.

Stealer wants $230 for 1 hour labor. Isnt that a lot!???
Very happy. I guess $730 and its nice i know i have a brand new airbag module in the car. Was thinking of selling, but now with everything fixed time to enjoy and drive the hell out of the car!

Old 07-13-2019, 02:21 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
a little unclear.. do YOU need to disconnect the battery for removal and installing the unit. cant that battery disable button be pushed to have the same effect (even though some current still flows I imagine to power some of the electronics.) if you DONT disconnect the battery, what can happen to the module or system when the module is removed? thanks!

Old 07-13-2019, 04:49 PM
You Don't need to disconnect the battery? the service manual says to disconnect it!And every other Manufacturer says to disconnect the battery for any electrical repair. Let us know what happens if you don't.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:11 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
I just asked myairbag.com and they said all they do is reset the crash codes...………..Is this the right place??

Katie (MyAirbags)

Jul 17, 10:37 AM EDT

Unfortunately that is not something we are able to do here. We only clear crash codes that are stored after an accident. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Thanks
MyAirbags Team

Old 07-17-2019, 10:38 AM
http://masrepair.com/about/ IS This a place to send for repair?

what are my options. buy a new used one and have dealer install?? have a shop fix it (repair)? could there be issues with my airbags, even though there has been no impact or accident?

thanks

Originally Posted by XWCGT
I just asked myairbag.com and they said all they do is reset the crash codes...………..Is this the right place??

Katie (MyAirbags)

Jul 17, 10:37 AM EDT

Unfortunately that is not something we are able to do here. We only clear crash codes that are stored after an accident. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Thanks
MyAirbags Team

Old 12-26-2020, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by XWCGT
http://masrepair.com/about/ IS This a place to send for repair?

what are my options. buy a new used one and have dealer install?? have a shop fix it (repair)? could there be issues with my airbags, even though there has been no impact or accident?

thanks
readdressing the problem . a few years of looking at that SRS warning light and im almost thinking the 1200 dollars is going to be worth it, but there has to be another way. again, its the CFFF code and mybags said they only clear crash codes, not rebuilding the unit if it is bad. someone said that on the volvo forum, the CFFF was an indication there was a connection problem on the passenger seat. im out of ideas and am willing to try anything if it doesnt cost a lot and has a decent chance of fixing the issue.
any ideas?
BTW...... the service manual says something like , Only replace RCM the control unit on a non crash vehicle when it shows an internal fault code of "CFFF" thats what mine is doing

thanks in advance
xwcgt

Last edited by XWCGT; 12-26-2020 at 02:49 AM.