Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2012 V12 Zagato for sale at AM of Washington DC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 02:42 AM
jj525 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Racer_X
To me there is no comparison. The DB4GT Zagato was/is a work of art, was a modified (lightened) version of the original car, and was a racing car to boot. The V12V Zagato, none of the above. Also, as noted above, they only made 65 of them because they couldn't find 100 buyers. This is no sure bet as an investment.
The first 2 V12 Zagatos were built as race cars and were run at the Nurburgring 24hr, they were lightened versions as is the road car. The published weight is the same as the road car for regulatory reasons. The numbers were extremely small on DB4GTZ because they couldn't find buyers for more just as you point out for V12Z. As to "work of art", beauty is in the eye if the beholder. I don't think the Zagato is more beautiful than the Vantage, it's different and that's ok. The DB7 Zagato is no better looking than the DB7 but as a value proposition it's been a better buy for the original owners.

Last edited by jj525; 01-05-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:39 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Okay, then maybe you should buy it. I pass, like nearly everyone else has.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:48 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jj525
The first 2 V12 Zagatos were built as race cars and were run at the Nurburgring 24hr
Zig & Zag where the prototypes, the endurance racing was a "convenient" way to endurance test them AND get some publicity
They were also stripped of all racing livery for public launches of the V12V Zagota

I'm sure in time they will become more appreciated
AM missed a trick they should have put the V12VS engine and gearbox in them to differentiate them from a std V12V
It would have also bolstered the launch of the V12VS

Old 01-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Aston agrees that they should have put the V12S engine in the car, unfortunately the engine was delayed.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Okay, then maybe you should buy it. I pass, like nearly everyone else has.
Racer X, I did buy it!

Old 01-05-2014, 07:34 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Racer X, I did buy it!

You just blew your cover, Jim! How long is it going to stay in the showroom? I have to make my way over there to go see it but the weather has been so crappy lately that I haven't ventured to Tyson's since the Holiday Party - which was great by the way, thank you for putting that on.

-Duane

Old 01-05-2014, 08:00 AM
You are welcome. Depending on weather it's off to cars and coffee next Saturday.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:09 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Racer X, I did buy it!
Is there a link to more pictures?

Old 01-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Aston Martin Washington DC has a series of photos on their website.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Racer x, RossL ----> Missing your Astons much?

You guys need to go out and buy Astons since you seem to spend more time on this forum commenting about Astons and what's good and bad about them. Think I'll start visiting the Ferrari forum and tell 'em all what I think of their preening (oops, I meant to say, 'prancing') horses.

Carry on...

Old 01-05-2014, 10:30 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Racer x, RossL ----> Missing your Astons much?

You guys need to go out and buy Astons since you seem to spend more time on this forum commenting about Astons and what's good and bad about them. Think I'll start visiting the Ferrari forum and tell 'em all what I think of their preening (oops, I meant to say, 'prancing') horses.

Carry on...
Did I say something to offend you? I'm active on this forum because I'm an enthusiast of the brand, enjoy the conversation, and look forward to purchasing another one in the future. I'm also active on Lotus, Rossion, Noble, McLaren, and Ferrari forums. Let me know if there is an issue with my posting over PM and I'll do what I can to not offend. Or if others also feel the same as XJRS Owner I'll pickup my toys and leave. No harm is meant, only enjoy talking cars to car enthusiasts.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:47 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RossL
Did I say something to offend you? I'm active on this forum because I'm an enthusiast of the brand, enjoy the conversation, and look forward to purchasing another one in the future. I'm also active on Lotus, Rossion, Noble, McLaren, and Ferrari forums. Let me know if there is an issue with my posting over PM and I'll do what I can to not offend. Or if others also feel the same as XJRS Owner I'll pickup my toys and leave. No harm is meant, only enjoy talking cars to car enthusiasts.
I don't get it either. I will buy another Aston. Should I wait until then to have an opinion or enjoy the brand? I think that it is a powerful statement to the brand that those of us who have bought another car are still interested. I had 2 AMG's back to back and rarely pay any attention to what's going on with them. In some ways I think that it speaks to the character of the kind of person who buys these cars.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:16 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Ross/Jay... Seems to be a bit of post-holiday crankiness going on here lately. I enjoy your contribution to the forum and your viewpoints based on past AM ownership experience as well as hearing about your "other" car experiences. Oh, and seeing the new car pictures too

Stick around.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:37 AM
b_gust99 will become famous soon enough
Racer X, I did buy it!
Wow, congrats! You have an extremely rare version of a rare version of an already rare car

Old 01-05-2014, 11:39 AM
b_gust99 will become famous soon enough
For what it's worth Jay and Ross, I enjoy the insight you both bring to the discussion, please continue to offer your 2 cents.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 V12 Zagato for sale at AM of Washington DC