Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Come on AM get it together!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Mark8V8 will become famous soon enoughMark8V8 will become famous soon enough
Come on AM get it together!

Purchased a '13 Vantage V8 this past summer. One month into ownership the vehicle is recalled for a faulty gas pedal. Received another recall notice from AM today, telling me the same part needs to be replaced again. My first AM.... not sure what to think but bespoke does not come to mind....

Last edited by Mark8V8; 12-09-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:00 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Stuff like that doesn't bother me...I've had recalls on everything I've ever bought new from my BMW K1600 GTL bike to my supposedly bulletproof Toyota Tacoma. Even my commerical diesel trucks get recalls. I think its just part of owning machinery and I don't get upset about it.

Now when I get a recall on some of my internal body parts from my Doctor, THAT gets me cranked up a bit...(had one today, actually - another cancer test they want to repeat).

Last edited by drcollie; 12-09-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
At least they took the initiative to recall. Some car makes wait for things to happen before deciding if they should recall. :P

Old 12-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Duane,

I have never had two recalls to replace the same part! Have you? That is the point I am making. It bothers me since I have to spend my time taking the car back to the dealer to repair the same part for a second time. BTW, I have owned many P cars, BMW's and others without recalls. You would think AM would have the Vantage sorted by now. I hope your doctor test recall works out well for you!!! All the best!

Mark

Last edited by Mark8V8; 12-09-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
If you think that's bad, Toyota recalled MILLIONS of vehicles in the past few years.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
The one I just got today is about the gas pedal. Haven't got any others. Mine is an 09.

Perhaps you just got notified about the same thing twice?

Old 12-09-2013, 06:28 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mark8V8
Purchased a '13 Vantage V8 this past summer. One month into ownership the vehicle is recalled for a faulty gas pedal. Received another recall notice from AM today, telling me the same part needs to be replaced again. My first AM.... not sure what to think but bespoke does not come to mind....
If this bothers you so much that you feel the need to write about it, then maybe an AM isn't the right brand for you, because if that's all that ever happens you should count your lucky stars...

Old 12-09-2013, 06:35 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jay_davis
the one i just got today is about the gas pedal. Haven't got any others. Mine is an 09.

+1 ^^^^

Old 12-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
The one I just got today is about the gas pedal. Haven't got any others. Mine is an 09.

That is what I thought but no the recall letter states that my prior recall pedal is also bad so we need to see you again... Rather embarrassing for AM if you ask me.. "Nobody got time for this"

Last edited by Mark8V8; 12-09-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:41 PM
blue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really nice
I got the same notice. On one hand, the car has been in a good number of times since I bought it 5 months ago. On the other, the factory/service is top notch at covering the cost and getting things taken care of.

For the record, I had more serious problems with my 911 than I've had with my Astons, including a high pressure fuel pump going out after 1500 miles, brake issues and rattles they couldn't fix.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:54 PM
jj525 is on a distinguished road
The throttle pedal recall is a supplier issue. Aston doesn't make that part and it could have happened to any OEM.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Talking Supplier Issue

Originally Posted by jj525
The throttle pedal recall is a supplier issue. Aston doesn't make that part and it could have happened to any OEM.
The batteries on the new Boeing Dreamliner is a supplier issue as well. Wonder how that is working for them.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:42 PM
jj525 is on a distinguished road
Actually the dreamliner issue was an integration problem, Lithium ion batteries have worked perfectly in a number of applications. The AML throttle pedal recall is purely a function of a supplier providing a defective part.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:37 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Initial recall expanded to nearly 17000 vehicles

Apparently, after further investigation by AM, the gas pedal recall has been expanded to cars manufactured between 11/11/07 and 10/3/13. Over 15000 left hand drive vehicles are now under recall worldwide.

More details can be found in the link below:

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/aston-ma...rly-17000-cars.

My 07 with a build date of 10/06 is unaffected.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by jj525
Actually the dreamliner issue was an integration problem, Lithium ion batteries have worked perfectly in a number of applications. The AML throttle pedal recall is purely a function of a supplier providing a defective part.
WHAT!! Try your explanation on Boeing's upper management after they lost a $9.5 Billion purchase order for new planes to Airbus after JAL's new 787 Dreamliner planes were grounded several times for several weeks. That "integration problem" cost Boeing only $9.5B.

I will get the Aston in for a new throttle pedal. Really, it is a fantastic machine!

Last edited by Mark8V8; 12-16-2013 at 03:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.