Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 Front Clunk Noise going over bumps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
4leafcloverz is on a distinguished road
DB9 Front Clunk Noise going over bumps?

Hello everyone,

My '05 DB9 has developed a strange clunking noise coming from my front wheel arch area while going over bumps. Has anyone had / fixed this before? Very interested in your experiences. Thanks!

Old 03-05-2014, 04:31 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
My porsche had this a while back. Worn bush. This happens with age of car.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Car is getting old, being your in BC sure you store it for the winter, so a lot of stationary periods of no movement( she starts to sag! ...I've done it all from all rack parts, upper/lower arms, bushings on sway bar, links, dampers, engine mounts....even spacers for airbag module.

Is the noise from the front most floor area, or centered heard travelling up the steering wheel..if it's in the floor area can't really help, but if in the steering it's most commonly related to the airbag not having spacers on the bolts for early models (pre 09MY)..

Say your not sure o9f the location..try this, drive on a straight bumpy road you hear the noise of concern, hold the drivers airbag as if your were trying to avoid it from moving up/down..does the noise go away? If it does..airbag spacers for bolts are needed(5$ fix)..if not..dealer or indie shop visit would be required.

Noises like this would have to be diagnosed in mainly person with chassis ears..sry I can't be of more help than this..

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-05-2014, 06:07 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
On left to right uneven surfaces could mean worn bushes or sticking control arm joints or tie rod ends from long periods of sitting.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by irish07
Noises like this would have to be diagnosed in mainly person with chassis ears..sry I can't be of more help than this..
Not at all, I will try to isolate the noise further when I get a chance. Thank you for the help!

Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by irish07
Is the noise from the front most floor area, or centered heard travelling up the steering wheel..if it's in the floor area can't really help, but if in the steering it's most commonly related to the airbag not having spacers on the bolts for early models (pre 09MY)..
My friend in Seattle had the same problem a while back and said the noises coming from my car were the same in his. The dealer told him it was a strut mount problem and the repair was about $6k in parts and$2k in labor.

As for the noises, they are coming from where my feet are (and I can feel a little vibration as well). Do you think there is a more economical way to remedy this problem? Maybe I could have the bushings checked first? Thanks again

Old 03-06-2014, 10:33 PM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Upper control arm bushings?